Tritium Ti Ring.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys,

I would like to gauge interest in a contemporary styled, comfortable Titanium finger ring with Tritium locators.
At this stage I foresee 3 x locators, 6mm long & 1.5mm Dia. Green, Ice Blue or White.
These will be in machined slots which I am aiming to get machined in, on a diagonal on the fattest part of the ring.
Norland 61 Optically clear UV adhesive will be used to encapsulated each locator.

The ring itself will be very finely machined & besides the style & shape will have some intricate milling of the word Lummi or Lummi logo.
The band width or length will be between 5.5 & 6mm. Overall diameter will depend on the Inside diameter, I,e finger size.
On one hand (pun intended!) It would be cool just to make some of these & offer them right up for sale.
Trouble is with a wearable ring is the various sizes......
So if you are interested in a Self powered wearable ring CNC machined from Titanium.
Please post your interest & your exact ring size in Millimeters.

I would like to think we can offer say 18mm - 23mm+? in 0.5mm increments.
Example my prototype is 21mm Inside Diameter (ID) & fits nicely on the finger we point with, you know the one next to your thumb....
It is not possible to confirm the exact price just yet, I would like to think it will be around the £60 mark.

tritring3.jpg

Note proto made from Aluminum & pencil marks indicate intended milled slots for locators.

tritring2.jpg

tritring1.jpg

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
that would be really cool! BUT, how is it saftey wise? i mean i know tritium isnt supposed to be able to even get through the walls of the vials....but is it truely safe to wear on a finger for long periods?

Crenshaw

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
As long as the tritium is imbedded into the Ti far enough so I won't pop them by knocking into stuff then I am very interested.
How far can you recess the vials?

If I go for this I would want 3 green. Oh and how much is the total shipped in US funds?

Last edited:

brucec

Enlightened
I'll go for one in size 6. Actually, I would prefer to have tritium dots instead of rods. Is that doable?

steel

Newly Enlightened
would be intersted in one not sure what size my finger is yet tho i'll have to get back to you on that rob.

cheers
greg

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ooooooh, that's cool!!! I think I would like one. I need to figure out what size my finger is.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
why did i never before think of this as a way of making a green latern ring?

:duh2:

Crenshaw

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be in for one. Ice Blue rods in size 15 (USA size).

I'm not completely sure of the size. If/when we can buy your rings, I will find out.

Last edited:

koopa

Newly Enlightened
I'm in if it's done with the same sense of styling as all your products are Rob :)

stefan_bln

Newly Enlightened
nice ring ..... the price is ok ..... and how many years I have to wait after ordering it?

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you all for the interest.
What I would require next is ring sizes in mm (millimeters)
:twothumbs dradee1

Without sizes I have no idea what I.D to make rings.
I would love to be able to begin production in July 2009...