Angryfox        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UM, has anyone seen my EDC?

Flashaholic

Default UM, has anyone seen my EDC?

Found it!! Thanks to all that replied, I hope that anyone else that looses their FAV EDC has the same luck that I had!! It was under my bed, behind the bed-post, so it was hidden until I removed both mattress and box-spring. Ciao
    Last edited by MiniMag_Crazy_Greg; 06-16-2009 at 12:39 PM. Reason: I FOUND IT!!
    Greetings Professor Falken....

Default Re: UM, has anyone seen my EDC?

I wouldn't really call it "warm weather" (at least not today). Apparently it is now 90% humidity outside; and unfortunately it seems like it is going to stay humid for us.

I would look in places where you think you may have used it last; it is possible that you placed it down and forgot it. Perhaps every EDC should have a GPS locator built in. In fact, considering the prices of some EDCs, they really should have some kind of tracking mechanism.
    Eagletac T10L, 3D maglite with Malkoff 3-6D XP-G Dropin, Stanley 35 watt HID, Gerber LX 3.0, L-mini II Q3-5C, 2D ROP w/ LiMnNi 26650, Eagletac P100A2, Quark Mini AA XP-G S2

Don't feel so bad. I am missing my L4, and one of my MJP Extreme III's, and I lost them in my house.

Bill

Rewind your memory from the point you realized you lost your EDC back to the point you still remembered having it in your hand or around you.
    This way you will narrow down the search area

BTW, did you accidentally stuck it up ur *** and leave it there?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    I wouldn't really call it "warm weather" (at least not today). Apparently it is now 90% humidity outside; and unfortunately it seems like it is going to stay humid for us.

I would look in places where you think you may have used it last; it is possible that you placed it down and forgot it. Perhaps every EDC should have a GPS locator built in. In fact, considering the prices of some EDCs, they really should have some kind of tracking mechanism.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I've been kicking myself for the past 3 hours for loosing it, and have been re-tracing my steps all day. Lojack (spelling?) for an EDC would be great!! So, the last "hail-mary" play would be to check the trash-can and will try that in the AM. I hear ya about the 90% humidity!! I'm originally from Alaska and any temp. above 65ºF is HOT!! I'm just glad I got to see the SUN today, but, as they say, it's not the heat that gets ya, it's the humidity!!

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by nemesiscavalry View Post
    Rewind your memory from the point you realized you lost your EDC back to the point you still remembered having it in your hand or around you.
    This way you will narrow down the search area

BTW, did you accidentally stuck it up ur *** and leave it there?
    nemesicavalry: ROTFFLMFAO !! Lemme check.....nope not there!!

Hey, it's DARK in there ! ! !

_

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Burgess View Post

Hey, it's DARK in there ! ! !

_
    Smelly too......

But seriously, I need HELP!!

Lost one of my lights the other day. It was under a pile of clothes I just brought in from the wash.

Other places I've found em were under the bed, under the pillow, in the washing machine, in the hedges on the bottom ground of my apartment, etc.

If you didn't lose it outside, it'll eventually be found.

Nasty story, lost my retainer once. Found it in the thrash. Had to soak it overnight and the next morning, it was back in me mouth.

only buying mcgizmos

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by callmaster View Post
    Lost one of my lights the other day. It was under a pile of clothes I just brought in from the wash.

Other places I've found em were under the bed, under the pillow, in the washing machine, in the hedges on the bottom ground of my apartment, etc.

If you didn't lose it outside, it'll eventually be found.

Nasty story, lost my retainer once. Found it in the thrash. Had to soak it overnight and the next morning, it was back in me mouth.
    callmaster for your tips, I usually put my EDC, at the end of the day, under my pillow, along with my cell phone for the AM alarm function and easy access. My P2D is smaller than the AA TERELUX'D miniM@g it replaced, so it's no-wonder I lost it. I guess I need to go back to my former EDC, a Stremlight Microstream on a neck lanyard. Cheers!
    Last edited by MiniMag_Crazy_Greg; 06-12-2009 at 09:25 PM.

i once found my zebralight at the bottom of my friends inground pool. it stayed 9 feet under water for about a day. lesson learned, homemade energy drinks can cause forgetfulness.
    Last edited by SilentK; 06-13-2009 at 09:43 PM.

Arrow Re: UM, has anyone seen my EDC?

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMag_Crazy_Greg View Post
    Since the warm weather has hit the New England region, I've stopped the morning ritual of grabbing my holstered P2D and threading it onto my belt on my jeans and now wear shorts with no belt......

I belt carried my 18650 modded Taskforce when I went to Aruba! That’s hot weather, Call me crazy, but holy Cow I could write a book about how many times it came in handy! I wish I could have brought a nicer light, but at the risk of losing it, the Task Force was the only option. As nice as it is to chuck a light in the pocket “my Proton Pro” I have found it many times under the couch cushions and a favorite place to for my Proton Pro, Swiss champ, pens, and other assorted accessories is besides or on my car seat! It might just be me, but it’s really hard to lose my belt!
    “What do you mean LEDs are more efficient then Incans?”, that’s just what they want you to think! It’s a Conspiracy, Man!

In my experience it will be in the very last place you think it would be. Look in those places and you could find it.
    My flashlight collection HERE

Quote Originally Posted by jhc37013 View Post
    In my experience it will be in the very last place you think it would be. Look in those places and you could find it.
    That brings some ideas to mind.....

Interesting....

Broke Re: UM, has anyone seen my EDC?

Sorry, I haven't seen it.

Flashaholic*

. . . laundry hamper . . .
    Hey, maybe we need a new IPX-standard:

IPX-9: must be able to survive 60 minutes of 'heavy soil' cycle, followed by a fast spin dry. . .

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

weirdest place i found my fenix tk11.. inside the exhaustpipe of my car. (i was doing something on the car and didnt need the light at the moment and it obviously it had felt like an smart location to put it for a while)

behind, under or inside every possible couch and seat.

every shelf, or horisontal plane.

pockets! different trousers or jackets. the ones you thought you will wear but then changed it without thinking. its too hot for jacket anyway and you take it inside and forget you put the light into the pocket.

smaller lights seem to find their way into my shoes too. (dropping from jacket side pocket when taking the jacket out and into a shoe under it??)

smaller lights hide inside my wallet sometimes too. if they are put into same pocket as wallet. (along with my mobile phone)

fridge. it devours my tv remotes and cellphone.. and i have found my zebralight there too at times.

and now that the summer is coming.. the freezer too.. hunting for the cool packs and icecream in middle of night might make me forget the flashlight in there too.

floor of my car. and especially the side of the passanger, between the door and seat is favorite nesting location of all my things. (i guess i drive too agressively as the stuff rolls from the seat to there)

just to name a few locations i look from when i have once again lost something.

-lojack or improved version of those keychains that start to beep when you whistle. I WANT 10 of those! -one to keys, one to cellphone, one to wallet, couple for my edc flashlights, one for me myself and i, one for tv remote.. and so on.
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

I've seen some threads of lights being in their wive's purses.

I've seen a lot of threads where someone was doing a job with their light (if you're using your hands, there's a good chance you'll put down the light to hold something else) and leaving it in that area.

Pushed into the cracks of car seats.

"For every good deed, there is an equal an opposite bad deed."

If your single, the last place to look is the laundry machine

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMag_Crazy_Greg View Post
    I've checked the truck, bedroom, laundry hamper, BUT have NOT checked the trash can yet. (Too gross !!) I am waiting till morning
    I bet it is in your couch somewhere, Pull off all the cushions and slide your hand in every crack and crevice. If you still don't find it, Tip the couch on end and listen for the thud. I hope you find it

A while back I lost my HDS Basic 42 XR GT light and looked and looked everywhere I had been and in the couch as well, never could find it! A few months later I just thought I would look again and I found it in the couch, couldn't believe it as I had looked there several times before but sure was glad I found it as it is one of my favorite lights. It will show up!!

Stop looking. Order another one. When the replacement arrives you'll find the first one

Regards,
    Tempest
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Currently looking for: SureFire E1W - PM with offers

This is a good excuse to buy a new ld20

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

might be time to look for backup for it. or its replacement if its lost for good.

i was almost forced to buy new zebralight h501 just because i didnt know where it was for 3 days.

then i found it. and the big happy joy joy feeling of finding it again was soon echoed by silent "dangit now i cant justify buying the warm tint version of this light".

look for it. if you cant find it. leave it be for a while. and go back to the 1st place you looked. it will probably be there.

i just know that its the "little people" whom move it around. just like car keys etc. some call them elves and gnomes.. they take stuff. and return them to a place you KNOW you looked them for and think they can get away with it. but im on to them. i know better
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Enlightened

I lost my L4 once- found it in my pocket. Got a bit of a laugh out of my own stupidity.

Flashaholic

Thanks to all that replied......an update: I picked through the trash and no luck....., checked and re-checked all the places I've had it in the past week. No wife here so she hasn't seen it, but wish I did, she could tell me where I've lost my mind. One last place to check, the bottomless pit that is the cargo area of my truck..a Ford Explorer where I keep all my tools and such. Being a handyman-for-hire, I keep all my important stuff there. The odd thing is, I have it's holster sitting on my desk (where I keep it unless I am using it), so it's possible it may have rolled out of my truck or my friend's car sometime in the past week or so. And yes, I've called them all, and they all, ALL, have given me sh!t for devoting so much time fretting over, and time searching for it, 'cause ".... it's just a flashlight Greg!!" Not to mention a ration of crap from them after they've learned how much I spent on it......oh, well, time to start thinking of and saving up for it's replacement. Funny thing is, all of my MiniM@g 2AA (incan) lights I've collected over the years, I've never never lost one.
    Last edited by MiniMag_Crazy_Greg; 06-13-2009 at 08:00 PM.

Popcorn Re: UM, has anyone seen my EDC?

Note to self to write flashlight mfrs with new product enhancement idea: if light has not moved within 48 hours it automatically rolls into beacon mode.

Hope you find it, or a nice replacement, preferably both.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexlion View Post
    Note to self to write flashlight mfrs with new product enhancement idea: if light has not moved within 48 hours it automatically rolls into beacon mode.

Hope you find it, or a nice replacement, preferably both.

Thanks for the good, "Hope (you) I Find IT Karma!"
    LOL, since I've lost my FAV EDC, I've switched to using my L1D CE as my EDC. Today, I was *reminded* that it clicks on in my pocket rather easily, my right pocket got somewhat hot today.....I guess the 1/8 turn of the tail cap to engage "safe-mode" only works if I use the "1/4 turn" of the tail cap method. (OUCH!!)
    Last edited by MiniMag_Crazy_Greg; 06-13-2009 at 08:58 PM.

I'm going to ask my 2 yr old son of mommy has anyone over while I'm at

work that he calls uncle....if he says crazy Greg then your light might be at

my house!!!!!
    You can never have enough light!!!!!
    **Certified Malkoff Junkie**

Thinking Re: UM, has anyone seen my EDC?

I just came back from camping and couldn't find my L0D that I'm never without. Took a while - but I found out that I'd put it in one of the inside pockets of the tent. I'd then folded the tent up, bagged it up, took it home, put it in the back of the garage.
    Took some thinking that one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast