UM, has anyone seen my EDC?

MiniMag_Crazy_Greg

Newly Enlightened
Found it!! Thanks to all that replied, I hope that anyone else that looses their FAV EDC has the same luck that I had!! It was under my bed, behind the bed-post, so it was hidden until I removed both mattress and box-spring. Ciao

Last edited:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't really call it "warm weather" (at least not today). Apparently it is now 90% humidity outside; and unfortunately it seems like it is going to stay humid for us.

I would look in places where you think you may have used it last; it is possible that you placed it down and forgot it. Perhaps every EDC should have a GPS locator built in. In fact, considering the prices of some EDCs, they really should have some kind of tracking mechanism.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Don't feel so bad. I am missing my L4, and one of my MJP Extreme III's, and I lost them in my house.:ohgeez:

Bill

nemesiscavalry

Newly Enlightened
Rewind your memory from the point you realized you lost your EDC back to the point you still remembered having it in your hand or around you.
This way you will narrow down the search area :D

BTW, did you accidentally stuck it up ur ***:crackup: and leave it there?

MiniMag_Crazy_Greg

Newly Enlightened
I wouldn't really call it "warm weather" (at least not today). Apparently it is now 90% humidity outside; and unfortunately it seems like it is going to stay humid for us.

I would look in places where you think you may have used it last; it is possible that you placed it down and forgot it. Perhaps every EDC should have a GPS locator built in. In fact, considering the prices of some EDCs, they really should have some kind of tracking mechanism.

Thanks for the quick reply. I've been kicking myself for the past 3 hours for loosing it, and have been re-tracing my steps all day. Lojack (spelling?) for an EDC would be great!! :cool: So, the last "hail-mary" play would be to check the trash-can and will try that in the AM. I hear ya about the 90% humidity!! I'm originally from Alaska and any temp. above 65ºF is HOT!! I'm just glad I got to see the SUN today, but, as they say, it's not the heat that gets ya, it's the humidity!!

MiniMag_Crazy_Greg

Newly Enlightened
Rewind your memory from the point you realized you lost your EDC back to the point you still remembered having it in your hand or around you.
This way you will narrow down the search area :D

BTW, did you accidentally stuck it up ur ***:crackup: and leave it there?

nemesicavalry: ROTFFLMFAO !! Lemme check.....nope not there!!

callmaster

Enlightened
Lost one of my lights the other day. It was under a pile of clothes I just brought in from the wash.

Other places I've found em were under the bed, under the pillow, in the washing machine, in the hedges on the bottom ground of my apartment, etc.

If you didn't lose it outside, it'll eventually be found.

Nasty story, lost my retainer once. Found it in the thrash. Had to soak it overnight and the next morning, it was back in me mouth.

MiniMag_Crazy_Greg

Newly Enlightened
Lost one of my lights the other day. It was under a pile of clothes I just brought in from the wash.

Other places I've found em were under the bed, under the pillow, in the washing machine, in the hedges on the bottom ground of my apartment, etc.

If you didn't lose it outside, it'll eventually be found.

Nasty story, lost my retainer once. Found it in the thrash. Had to soak it overnight and the next morning, it was back in me mouth.

callmaster :thanks: for your tips, I usually put my EDC, at the end of the day, under my pillow, along with my cell phone for the AM alarm function and easy access. My P2D is smaller than the AA TERELUX'D miniM@g it replaced, so it's no-wonder I lost it. I guess I need to go back to my former EDC, a Stremlight Microstream on a neck lanyard. Cheers!

Last edited:

SilentK

Enlightened
i once found my zebralight at the bottom of my friends inground pool. :thinking: it stayed 9 feet under water for about a day. lesson learned, homemade energy drinks can cause forgetfulness.

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since the warm weather has hit the New England region, I've stopped the morning ritual of grabbing my holstered P2D and threading it onto my belt on my jeans and now wear shorts with no belt......

I belt carried my 18650 modded Taskforce when I went to Aruba! That's hot weather, Call me crazy, but holy Cow I could write a book about how many times it came in handy:thumbsup:! I wish I could have brought a nicer light, but at the risk of losing it:eek:, the Task Force was the only option. As nice as it is to chuck a light in the pocket "my Proton Pro" I have found it many times under the couch cushions and a favorite place to for my Proton Pro, Swiss champ, pens, and other assorted accessories is besides or on my car seat:shakehead! It might just be me, but it's really hard to lose my belt:nana:!

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
weirdest place i found my fenix tk11.. inside the exhaustpipe of my car. (i was doing something on the car and didnt need the light at the moment and it obviously it had felt like an smart location to put it for a while)

behind, under or inside every possible couch and seat.

every shelf, or horisontal plane.

pockets! different trousers or jackets. the ones you thought you will wear but then changed it without thinking. its too hot for jacket anyway and you take it inside and forget you put the light into the pocket.

smaller lights seem to find their way into my shoes too. (dropping from jacket side pocket when taking the jacket out and into a shoe under it??)

smaller lights hide inside my wallet sometimes too. if they are put into same pocket as wallet. (along with my mobile phone)

fridge. it devours my tv remotes and cellphone.. and i have found my zebralight there too at times.

and now that the summer is coming.. the freezer too.. hunting for the cool packs and icecream in middle of night might make me forget the flashlight in there too.

floor of my car. and especially the side of the passanger, between the door and seat is favorite nesting location of all my things. (i guess i drive too agressively as the stuff rolls from the seat to there)

just to name a few locations i look from when i have once again lost something.

-lojack or improved version of those keychains that start to beep when you whistle. I WANT 10 of those! -one to keys, one to cellphone, one to wallet, couple for my edc flashlights, one for me myself and i, one for tv remote.. and so on.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen some threads of lights being in their wive's purses.

I've seen a lot of threads where someone was doing a job with their light (if you're using your hands, there's a good chance you'll put down the light to hold something else) and leaving it in that area.

Pushed into the cracks of car seats.

:thinking:

broncoman529

Newly Enlightened
I've checked the truck, bedroom, laundry hamper, BUT have NOT checked the trash can yet. (Too gross !!) I am waiting till morning

I bet it is in your couch somewhere, Pull off all the cushions and slide your hand in every crack and crevice. If you still don't find it, Tip the couch on end and listen for the thud. I hope you find it :)