• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Aeon & Mako combo [pic added]

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usual rules apply. First to post an
takeit.gif
and timely
paypal.gif
gets it. For CONUS, I'll eat the S&H. Will ship UPS Ground insured w/tracking. Int'l shipping and insurance available at actual cost. Also, if int'l I can't make it to the post office until this Saturday. Not interested in trades at this time.

1) Titanium Aeon & Mako w/extras, $340 SOLD
Aeon was keychain carried for several weeks but definitely less than two months and I babied it during that time. There's some superficial hairline scratches here and there which are typical of titanium. Overall I'd rate it 9.5/10 Has original Muyshondt cardboard tube and user guide. Mako is in same condition, has empty trit slot but no paperwork. LED appears to be slightly off center in the head and is evident when powered on. Beam is not uniform with the hotspot leaning more to one side but at a distance greater than 6 feet it's not noticeable. I'm including one of JSmith's skull lanyards for use with either the Mako or the Aeon; currently it's attached via brass splitring to the Mako. It's silver/orange color scheme. Also included is a Death's Head kydex keyring spare CR2 holder in orange. Also included are (4) brand new CR2's {2 Duracell Ultra, 2 Maxxell}.

DSC00166.jpg

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
Re: FS: Aeon & Mako combo

A great deal! The Ti Aeon is, simply, the best light in it's class. Mine has been clipped to my bibs for over a year, and is only on its second battery. Exquisite build and beam quality, with an R2 emitter and silky one-hand operation.

IMGP2640.jpg

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Aeon & Mako combo

Thanks guys. I wouldn't be selling if I didn't need the cash. My checking account to be quite honest is overdrawn at the moment after picking up a bedroom set. Plus, I'm just migrating away from CR2 lights and trying to standardize on CR123's (with a few exceptions). Otherwise I'd probably never sell the Aeon. I am the original owner of the Aeon and the second owner of the Mako.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Aeon & Mako combo [pic added]

I'll take it. i am a newbe on this forum but email me at [email protected] and give me your paypal address so I can pay you so you can get out of trouble. My number in Ohio is (419) 627-1991 if you have any questions.
Email sent :popcorn:

EDIT - SOLD and SHIPPED
email sent with tracking info, thanks! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the saphire & sold it (although I have several other McGizmos) and recently picked up a second Mako. My preference for the Mako is not based on "light" - it's the finish - I prefer a non-smooth finish on a small light & the trit slot is great for putting it beside the bed at night.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
whoops sorry for the late reply, I've been super busy at work in the afternoons.

I never really put either of them through their paces, and I owned the Mako for a much shorter duration than any of my Sapphires to date. they've each got their own niches. for the Mako I really liked having two selectable levels, and the trit slot was a very nice touch though I never used mine. but I prefer the emitter setup on the Sapphire; how it's sealed from the elements behind a lens. not that I ever thought the Mako wasn't a durable light or anything of the sort, but I just don't care for having the emitter out in the open like that. I found the Mako to have a more prominent hotspot with some 'rings' while the Sapphire is pretty much all flood. it's all a matter of user preference I'd say. both the Mako and Sapphire are incredible lights from two of the best makers in the biz :thumbsup:

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Bruce. yeh I tried to buy a saphire today and I saw you were checking it out too. Seller rejected my offer because I was new to the forum. i hope you will vouch for my integrity because i am hopelessly addicted to these silly little works of art! Oh well...Lots to look at and the selection chances daily. I just can't get these Mcgizmos off my mind! Thanks again and I can't wait to play with my new toys....They went to a good home! Karl