My LD20 died on Sunday! ohhh noo!

SupremeEye

Newly Enlightened
My LD20 went every where with me since Jan/Feb. It was one of my two EDC's with the other being the TK11 R2.

Now on sunday I stopped at a Wells Fargo and I had my LD20 on my lap. As I exited my car I forgot about the LD20 and I heard "Plunk". I looked down and there it was, I pick it up like nothing happened.

I mean why should I worry? I had a L2D Q5 that took way more abuse. Fenix makes damn good lights.

So later that night I just clicked on my LD20 and it didn't turn on. So I tried new batteries and still nothing.

I tried everything before I pronounced it dead.

It looks like the emitter or something is knocked slightly off center.

Now I'm wondering should I get another LD20 or perhaps a Nitecore or another quality AA light.

All I have now is my TK11 and E01 for EDC.

I need a light with the lower levels.

SupremeEye

Newly Enlightened
Lol Oh sh*t!

It works I just twisted the tailcap on real tight and I clicked on and it works whew!

I was gonna spend some more money lol.

Good ol Fenix!

Lol I jumped to conclusions!

SupremeEye

Newly Enlightened
What I don't understand is how the tailcap some how could loosen itself.

Or maybe it was jarred a bit and just needed a tighter twist after the jarring.

Whew I have my other EDC back.
yay.

HeadCSO

Enlightened
Check the retaining ring in the tailcap that holds the switch in place. Make sure it is tight.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
Thank goodness it works! , yea try what those guys said...the retaining ring thingy...

lol i was going to say " It was ment to be, that you buy a quarks, and it has a pocket clip so dropping will less likely happen!"

SupremeEye

Newly Enlightened
Ok basically if the tailcap is not twisted tight to the right. I mean to the point where you can't twist it any further it won't work.

Yet if its twisted all the way tight it works.

So ill just keep it completely tight.

SupremeEye

Newly Enlightened
Thank goodness it works! , yea try what those guys said...the retaining ring thingy...

lol i was going to say " It was ment to be, that you buy a quarks, and it has a pocket clip so dropping will less likely happen!"
What is a Quark?

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
quark just came out , they should be as reliable as any other light , it basically is your fenix same UI but with a low/low :thumbsup:

your fenix did you tighten the retaining ring in tailcap, for future always change batteries via the head not the tail , this way you wont have to deal with loosening the parts a little every time you change batteries

Burgess

Flashaholic
to SupremeEye --

Glad to hear it works now. :twothumbs

But, tell the truth . . . .

When you discovered that it wasn't dead after all,

were you actually sad you wouldn't be buying a replacement ?

:whistle:

_

SupremeEye

Newly Enlightened
to SupremeEye --

Glad to hear it works now. :twothumbs

But, tell the truth . . . .

When you discovered that it wasn't dead after all,

were you actually sad you wouldn't be buying a replacement ?

:whistle:

_
lol.

I thought about buying either another one or going else where.

Nitecores,Eagletacs, Even 123 battery operated lights crossed my mind.

No feelings of sadness though.
Lol.

SupremeEye

Newly Enlightened
quark just came out , they should be as reliable as any other light , it basically is your fenix same UI but with a low/low :thumbsup:

your fenix did you tighten the retaining ring in tailcap, for future always change batteries via the head not the tail , this way you wont have to deal with loosening the parts a little every time you change batteries
I would consider their 1 A light.

I always changed batteries via the tailcap. I'll start switching them out from the head.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be surprised if a LD or PD retaining ring would come loose because they put so much glue in them now, atleast this has been my experience lately.