E1B in carryon?

N467RX

Newly Enlightened
Well, I'll be flying home next week and I'm taking my brand new E1B. Now, is it prohibited (or just troublesome) to have them in the carryon? The only time I took a flashlight was years ago with a Mag 2D (and that baton was checked anywyas), but I don't want to give $150 away to the TSA agent.

Any thoughts, suggestions, past experiences?

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
There have been quite a few threads about this subject. E1B will be perfectly fine to carry on a plane. It doesn't even resemble a weapon. The 2D can be used as a club.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I flew from NYC to New Mexico and back with 4 lights and space cells in my backpack. Not one question was asked.

I had the following:

RaClicky
Lunasol 27
Nitecore EX10
Surefire 9P

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I think the e1b should be fine. The only minor issue would be if it had a e2dl head on it. The crenelations could be considered a weapon to a really anal tsa agent

mendhammarsh

Enlightened
I have never experienced a problem with any TSA agent on my last 7 domestic flights carrying flashlights and batteries.

Best Bet check with your carrier before your trip (rules are constantly changing).

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like everyone said, you are good to go :thumbsup:

Flown domestic and international 10+ times with my E1B in pocket (and E2DL plus 4 others in carry-on) with no issues other than being accused of being afraid of the dark by a screener in Green Bay :tinfoil:

One thing, make sure to carry your spares with you in your carry-on - DO NOT put them in checked luggage. I've brought a spares carrier and a few keep2go tubes (probably 15 CR123s and a few 18650s total) on with no issues.

Safe travels!

N467RX

Newly Enlightened
Seems like I'll be fine then.

Yeah, I know about the spares. I might actually just carry a few with me and then ship another bunch home (since it's very likely that I'll ship some stuff home) . And I didn't feel like shipping my E1B because that means being flashlight-less for like 5 days.

And I'm totally in love with the E1B, I just used it outside where it is completely dark and I like the beam a lot. And the runtime.

N467RX

Newly Enlightened
Re: E1B in crayon?

There's a study that says that as long as the last and first letter are in order, and the number of letters in the middle of the word are correct, even if you missepll them you can read them fine. i guess rr instead of r won't be of much differnece to yuor brain.

Paladin

Enlightened
Just got back from an east coast trip. Carryon contained a Gladius and a Fenix L2P, with a 4 cell battery holder full of aa lithiums and one with CR123's. Jacket pocket had a single AA Energizer light. Never got a single question from anyone. And the TSA bag inspector did NOT steal my Glock knife from my checked bag!:twothumbs

Paladin

N467RX

Newly Enlightened
i would be careful with the surefire battery carriers though. on x-ray they look like speed loaders for revolvers.

I've heard that a couple of times. My spares carrier (for my 9P) is kinda lost though.