K&M Camera
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: SureFire E-Series Addicts Unite!

Default Re: SureFire E-Series Addicts Unite!

Quote Originally Posted by gswitter View Post
    I was pretty psyched to see that, too.

I'd say the surest sign that I'm an E-series addict was my initial reaction to seeing a picture of an XP-G: "Sweet, I think that will fit on one of Koala and yclo's Rebel towers!" Is there a five-step program for this?

Edit: the sales thread is here, and after talking to kuku427, I think he underestimated the size of the market, so don't be shy about voicing your opinions.

Thanks for the link, I wished that I saw that before I sold my last extra body yesterday. I was waiting for the koala rebel towers for months until I decided to go with E2DL instead. Now the look of the E2DL has grown on me, so I don't think I could go back... at least my wallet is telling me not to

I'd say the surest sign that I'm an E-series addict was my initial reaction to seeing a picture of an XP-G: "Sweet, I think that will fit on one of Koala and yclo's Rebel towers!" Is there a five-step program for this?

Edit: the sales thread is here, and after talking to kuku427, I think he underestimated the size of the market, so don't be shy about voicing your opinions.

Woo-hoo! Thanks. I'm on board for one of those!
    If we could get everyone in the world to close their eyes and imagine world peace for an hour, think about how serene it would be until the looting started. -Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Tubig View Post
    Thanks for the link, I wished that I saw that before I sold my last extra body yesterday. I was waiting for the koala rebel towers for months until I decided to go with E2DL instead. Now the look of the E2DL has grown on me, so I don't think I could go back... at least my wallet is telling me not to
    I'm kind of glad that I didn't see the link sooner. I've been looking for an LED drop-in for my E2D for a year, and finally gave up and got a Lumens Factory incan suitable for 2x 16340. I'm loving the hot wire, which I probably wouldn't have discovered if I had purchased an LED for it. (I instaflashed the original MN03 lamp testing for compatibility with 2x 16340 LiFePO4 cells soon after I purchased the E2D. )

Nonetheless, the LED drop-in looks like a very cool product!

After seeing the beamshots, I'll stick with the nice warm glow of my LF HO-E2R LA.

Besides, will a 17670 fit in an E2E?

Finally seeing the light - going back to incans!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
    After seeing the beamshots, I'll stick with the nice warm glow of my LF HO-E2R LA.
    From the pics, the beam looks very similar to the koala/yclo Rebel module. It wouldn't be my first choice for EDC, but it has it's place. It's like a Mule or Zebralight flood, with just a touch of hot spot. I like it, anyway. It's a great indoor and/or close-up beam.

Besides, will a 17670 fit in an E2E?
    Some of them, yes. It doesn't seem to be specific to particular models or generations, but some have wide enough ID's and unobstructed tail ends, and some don't. Most of my older bodies will accept 17670's, but my recent E2L and E2DL will not.

Sorry, I didn't think to post a link! I wasn't watching this thread all day.

If you look down your body, there is a section that is thinner about a half inch from the tailcap end of the body. There is some information on here about how people remove some metal from it to make the body wide enough for a 17mm wide cell.

I think the reasoning about why, is that Surefire sells 16mm wide primaries and doesn't want people using rechargeable cells in their lights. The lights aren't designed to run on rechargeables, and it will hurt part of their business if people do. =\
    "For every good deed, there is an equal an opposite bad deed."

Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    If you look down your body, there is a section that is thinner about a half inch from the tailcap end...
    I was confused for a moment...
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    I think the reasoning about why, is that Surefire sells 16mm wide primaries and doesn't want people using rechargeable cells in their lights. The lights aren't designed to run on rechargeables, and it will hurt part of their business if people do. =\
    There's also the Safety/Lawsuit aspect that you're forgetting. There's a reason why 17670 and 18650 cells are not sold to the general public unless they're inside a laptop computer or similar electronic device.

Being an American company, it would be far easier to get sued compared to many of its competitors. One way to put a stop to such potential lawsuits is to intentionally make the bodies too thin for 18650 or 17670 cells.

Not a great solution because an unbored C-series body can still accept 17500 and 17670 cells.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

so while waiting for the parts for my Scout to get here..... I couldn't help myself and dumped the money on an E2D.

I wouldn't say I'm addicted but I'm getting there .

Quote Originally Posted by motorwerks View Post
    so while waiting for the parts for my Scout to get here..... I couldn't help myself and dumped the money on an E2D.

I wouldn't say I'm addicted but I'm getting there .
    A E2DL or E2D? If your not hooked now you will be after you get the E2DL, that's my favorite that and the E1B. Holster carry a E2DL and pocket a E1B and it's a sweet EDC setup.
    My flashlight collection HERE

This is one of my favorites....has a Osram Diamond Drgaon ultra white drop in from nailbender.

Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by PinarelloOnly View Post
    This is one of my favorites....has a Osram Diamond Drgaon ultra white drop in from nailbender
    That light rocks just by looks alone, I bet the output is sweet to.

Quote Originally Posted by jhc37013 View Post
    That light rocks just by looks alone, I bet the output is sweet to.
    Thanks, it is a very good thrower at 280 lumens!!!!
    Scotty

A E2DL or E2D? If your not hooked now you will be after you get the E2DL, that's my favorite that and the E1B. Holster carry a E2DL and pocket a E1B and it's a sweet EDC setup.
    Funny...... I was looking at an E2DL just yesterday.

I did just get my 2nd Scout body in the mail today though.

Quote Originally Posted by PinarelloOnly View Post
    This is one of my favorites....has a Osram Diamond Drgaon ultra white drop in from nailbender.

what the heck bezel is that?

Okay, I've got a question for all the E-series addicts. I just put the head from my Sundrop on my E1e and love the compact dimensions of it - what options do I have for other multi-mode heads that would have equally compact dimensions with a reflector head?
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

That is a Zhongwin ST03 stainless steel strike bezel, found here.

-Trevor
    "We canít just go with MBAV because itís out there and battle-proven." - Fred Coppola, deputy project manager for Soldier Protection and Individual Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    Okay, I've got a question for all the E-series addicts. I just put the head from my Sundrop on my E1e and love the compact dimensions of it - what options do I have for other multi-mode heads that would have equally compact dimensions with a reflector head?
    Only options I know of are custom. I guess kuku427's new tower module in a incan bezel is close to that size. milkyspit has some builds based on the incan bezel as well. Excluding that bezel, if you want a reflector, you need to add some length to accommodate it.

Maybe I'll talk to Milky and see what he can work up for me...

The E-Series lights and compatible parts (Aleph) are probably my favorite modular style flashlight. I'm much more likely to stuff a bunch of heads and bodies in my backpack when I go out due to the small size, than say the C/P/M series..
    I've always liked the size of the E1e's and used to carry one with a Lumens Factory 40lumen bulb in my backpack for a long time.
    With the addition of Kuku427's XP-G neutral mini-tower, I have a reason to carry it again! The other E1e was very beat up with a lot of wear marks and sports an E1B clip.
    This one has been part of my collection for a long time now and has been getting some use, but not abuse. It consists of an incan "deep bezel" head with an extra smooth, shiney reflector. The kuku427 XP-G tower fits pefectly and conducts the heat to the head/body very well! The body is a rare "Bare" no laser engraved body with an E1B clip. The Z52 has a McClicky installed.
    3 levels of light with HUGE spill and a very usable hot-spot!

Here's a few Aleph parts that fit the E-series.
    The Aleph III has 7 XP-G R5's with Optic (forgot which one)
    The Pr-T has 4 XP-G R4's with McR10 reflectors....BY FAR my favorite WOW light...next to the Tri-V of course

Last edited by DaFABRICATA; 05-07-2010 at 03:11 AM.
    Flashlight Modifications available upon request
    "I have to go return some video tapes." -Patrick Bateman

Quote Originally Posted by TMedina View Post
    That is a Zhongwin ST03 stainless steel strike bezel, found here.

-Trevor
    Thank you!!! Now how the hell do I order form them???? There's no Buy Now button and I hesitate to try and call them.

Disclaimer: I haven't dealt with the company, but here's a website for you to explore:

Ali Express - they have the strike bezel you're looking for.

-Trevor
    "We canít just go with MBAV because itís out there and battle-proven." - Fred Coppola, deputy project manager for Soldier Protection and Individual Equipment

Here's my E1e with Sundrop head!

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    Here's my E1e with Sundrop head!
    So nice and compact!!

The e-series bug has bitten me hard lately. I have an E2E and I recently put together an E1E-BK.

On my wish list are: E2E-BK, E2D, E2DL, E1L, and E1B.

Defabricata you have some great lights. So the Aleph heads are e-series compatible? How does the Aleph III head look on an E2E-BK / E2D body?

I just wanted to say thanks to all who have responded to this thread!

I've really got to break-out the camera tonight and takes ome pics of my few E-series SureFires, since I started the thread and all.

Right now I'd just like to put in a brief plug/rave for SureFire's F04 BeamShaper for the Es. This thing is great. I tried it out on my E1L and it turned it into a whole different light. It's like having a mini-Mallkoff M60F...at much lower brightness levels, of course. Or and E1L with a beam, up close, that looks like a NovaTac's. Now, this is what you want for camping! It does some nice things for the E1E and E2E incan beams, too. I'm now really interested in getting an E1B or or KX2 head to go on an E2 body.
    If we could get everyone in the world to close their eyes and imagine world peace for an hour, think about how serene it would be until the looting started. -Unknown

I'm not quite an addict, but I do own one or two.

Also have an E2L own the way.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned in this thread but have you E fans seen the toothless E2DL mod by M I K? The modified E2DL tailcap on the E1B is sweet and I won't carry it now without the mod. The modded tailcap really helps a lot with grip on the E1B you might even like it on your other E lights.

M I K is is a nice guy he sent me the modded tailcap to try and when I was satisfied (which was instantly) I returned him my stock E2DL tailcap and $10.

I am still considering doing the E2DL bezel toothless.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=221474

Flashaholic*

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned in this thread but have you E fans seen the toothless E2DL mod by M I K? The modified E2DL tailcap on the E1B is sweet and I won't carry it now without the mod. The modded tailcap really helps a lot with grip on the E1B you might even like it on your other E lights.

M I K is is a nice guy he sent me the modded tailcap to try and when I was satisfied (which was instantly) I returned him my stock E2DL tailcap and $10.

I am still considering doing the E2DL bezel toothless.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=221474
    I put a KX2C on a E2DL tube and tail. Then I found the latest KL4 in black on this setup is close to perfection. A nice fat cone of light with plenty of spill. Perfect for the up close and personal work.

Well, I sold my first Surefire, a black E2D and miss it so much. Then I traded my silver E1B. I think I have learned my lesson. No more selling Surefires! I finally got back on the E-Series bandwagon with this little gem.

Please forgive the lack of lighting and the background.

With his big brothers.

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast