SunwayLED        
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5454849505152535455
Results 1,621 to 1,639 of 1639

Thread: SureFire E-Series Addicts Unite!

Default Re: SureFire E-Series Addicts Unite!

Heard you talking about gas pedal... Here's one old school.
    KL4, UBH, Z57 with McE2S switch - 2 modes...

Nice. Is that 3 cells AA's to equal one 18650? I run my KL4 with one 18650. KL4 has a boost circuit.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeyebill View Post
    Nice. Is that 3 cells AA's to equal one 18650? I run my KL4 with one 18650. KL4 has a boost circuit.

Bill
    This one runs on 1x16650 with a spacer which is provided with the body. It can be used in 1-3x123, 1-2xAA(14500), 1xPila168S, 1-2Pila150S and 1x16650. Spacers are available for every combination.
    You can find details about this host here.
    I really like KL4, versatile. I believe emitter swap and some driver enhancement would make it even better.

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

Default SureFire E-Series Addicts Unite!

Ooops duplicate post deleted...
    Last edited by Crazyeddiethefirst; 09-15-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Default SureFire E-Series Addicts Unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyeddiethefirst View Post
    Here is mine (UBH as above) in Brass with the RPM Brass Tail & stock E1e Head with Steve Ku LED module. I also have a Tana two mode LED module and a host of Lumens Factory LEDs. I will be starting a new thread soon for anyone interested in Brass UBH bodies....
    https://i.imgur.com/Z6IKq9n.jpg
    Now thatís a class! Iím jealous now...
    Iím very interested in brass edition so are many and i believe your thread will be much apreciated. Twothumbsup!

+1.

Bill

Joined the ranks with my first "E" this weekend. I picked up an E1L (3/45) from the WTS forums here and it's headed my way. Looking forward to it. Thanks for all the info & input I've gained here.

Quote Originally Posted by Revcov View Post
    Joined the ranks with my first "E" this weekend. I picked up an E1L (3/45) from the WTS forums here and it's headed my way. Looking forward to it. Thanks for all the info & input I've gained here.
    Join the club, thereís no way back now...

That was my first of the old school e series. A 3/45 e1l. I had several backups but donít count those the same. The e 1 l was commandeered by my 12 year old daughter as her SHTF light for her pack. I couldnít have been more proud of that choice!

Flashaholic*

What options are there for an E-series head that will run on a 3 volt cr123 and 3.7-4.2 volt rcr. I just picked up a lumens factory warm head and I like it but looking for something in 4000 kelvin area give or take 500k maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg23 View Post
    What options are there for an E-series head that will run on a 3 volt cr123 and 3.7-4.2 volt rcr. I just picked up a lumens factory warm head and I like it but looking for something in 4000 kelvin area give or take 500k maybe.
    One of the options are Aleph 1,2,3 and 19 heads. Then you can ask Tana for a light engine you like and thatís it.
    But as i heard, RPM is in process of making E series hosts...

Flashaholic*

You know I have seen mention of the Aleph stiff and sandwhich shoppe stuff many times over the years and have never taken the time to understand it. Iíve always limited myself to surefire and Malkoff. Could you expand on your thought maybe?

Those are a modular system previously created by McGizmo.

I'm sure they'll reply with more details, but it is essentially endlessly customizable.
    ... is the archimedes peak

I obtained a Tana singLED that does 3.0 to 6.0 volts. The 350 mA version does about 100 lumens on high. I keep it memoried to 25% and the 4500k is pretty close to the SureFire bulb in appearance.
    He makes 1.0 amp ones that do about 350 lumens on high, but using a CR123 (about 2.7 volts under load) it drops to about 75 lumens in a second. An RCR works normal.

You can do high only, lo (4%)/ hi (100%), hi/lo, a few modes without memory, a few with memory and iirc one with a "flash" too.
    John 3:16

Hereís my E2D. Got this and a M600a for 25 bucks. I really wasnít looking for a flashlight, but a co-worker (ex-navy) knows I have a Ar15 and said if I wanted a light for it. So I said sure. He brought both of them, I did my research and told him I didnít have the money and didnít want to make him an offer that would offend him. He said ďjust give me 25Ē so I was like ďcoolĒ 😂

Anyways Iím really thinking of trading this E2D body for a E1e. Just like the smaller size body, especially for edc. If anyone is interested pm me. I know Iím new here, but Iím as honest as they come.

Flashaholic*

Wow! You could easily put the KL4 head from the m600a on there and have a black L4 then get a Malkoff head for m600a

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg23 View Post
    Wow! You could easily put the KL4 head from the m600a on there and have a black L4 then get a Malkoff head for m600a
    I actually want to keep it the head it has on it now, but I want to update with a Tana or lumens factory drop in led. Also did the McClicky upgrade on it.

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

Lumens Factory sells brand new E1e & E2e bodies for $43. Then you would have the option of double the run time using the larger body when needed, and the smaller one when desired. I have Lumens Factory drop ins, Tana Drop ins and a Steve Ku drop in, and all work well in the original head, but using a Kl4 or one of the new LED heads with the dedicated optics the throw is dramatically increased.

My E2E evolved a bit.
    Started as a standard incan E2E in 2005. Upgraded to the LED head in 2008 or 2009. Then was given a tailcap and pressure switch from a Scout. Was used on a couple rifles over the years.
    I might put the original switch back on if I can remember where I put it and use some rechargeable 123s as my daily carry light. Just because I like the little thing.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5454849505152535455