I had made a batch of GID epoxy and the end result was a little sticky, I am not sure if it was because i mixed too much in, or because I was using 60 min epoxy.
So this weekend I tried some Optical adhesive. This is how I did it:
I decided to use it in a simple hole. I drilled a small hole maybe 3 or 4 mm deep. Then I poured the glow powder about 1 to 1.5mm short of being flush.
I then put the optical adhesive in. Naturally the adhesive began to get absorbed and it made like wet sand. I then continued to pour the adhesive until it was flush with the hole top.
Some bubbled developed, I tried to pop them with a needle and couldn't, and after some trial and error found that the best way to get rid of the bubbles was a piece of napkin twirled at the tip to make a napkin spear. The bubbles diapered quite easily.
If the adhesive is poured too fast, air gets trapped underneath, you have to make sure all the air has escaped before you cure the adhesive.
So once all the air was out I took it outside and it cured beautifully. It looks really clean.
Here are some pictures:
I looked everything over once it cured and it looks like it will hold. Once that adhesive cures its on there.