How happy am I ?!?!?!?

MiniMag_Crazy_Greg

Newly Enlightened
Ever find something you gave up looking for over a year ago, and then TODAY, I found it, without even looking for it?!?! :thinking:

I was rummaging through my self-store-it unit, looking for my camping gear, getting ready for a 4th o' July camping trip, and lo-and-behold, I reach into my dry-bag, in a side pocket, and FOUND my nearly 10 year old Garmin eTrex Legend GPS!! I last used it was on a camping trip almost 2 years ago to get to a music fest and I guess stashed it in there for safe-keeping. I had to look in it's track log to get the last coordinates it had been. WOW, how happy am I?!?!? I figured it had been stolen by less than honest roomates. :thumbsdow

BUT, to get to the point, does anyone else have the same unit I do? I run MAC OSX on my G4 PowerBook and have always had trouble gettting it to talk to my Garmin. I used to use a Belkin USB to 9-pin serial adapter and the Garmin serial cable it came with to talk to my older OS9 G3 PowerBook and iMac G3 with no issues at all.

And to the second point of my ramblings, does anyone think there are updated maps for my Garmin?

And as always, Thanks for any tips you can give!! :twothumbs

BroBrandonB

Newly Enlightened
congrats!

I've had that happen a few times to me.... however I'm still waiting on that misplaced CD wallet full of CD's from highschool.... it's bound to show up somewhere, right? :(

I think it's also fun finding an old gizmo that you used to use, and fell out of favor for some reason and then rediscover the fun that you got from it all over again.

I've had that happen with more than a few knives, and maybe a flashlight or two.

MiniMag_Crazy_Greg

Newly Enlightened
Can't help, but I guess it's safe to assume the batteries didn't leak since you are still happy? :D

Actually, I dodged the bullet, as it were, I had CVS alk. batteries in the GPS, thank goodness they didn't leak, they were close to 1.2v in each cell, AND it still turned on!! :twothumbs .

MiniMag_Crazy_Greg

Newly Enlightened
congrats!

I've had that happen a few times to me.... however I'm still waiting on that misplaced CD wallet full of CD's from highschool.... it's bound to show up somewhere, right? :(

I think it's also fun finding an old gizmo that you used to use, and fell out of favor for some reason and then rediscover the fun that you got from it all over again.

I've had that happen with more than a few knives, and maybe a flashlight or two.

Now I just need to find my mind....I lost it when I purchased my 1st "real" flashlight...a polystinger incan....hhhhhummmm :rolleyes: maybe I can sell my Garmin for $$ and get another flashlight, LED this time....lol

BroBrandonB

Newly Enlightened
Now I just need to find my mind....I lost it when I purchased my 1st "real" flashlight...a polystinger incan....hhhhhummmm :rolleyes: maybe I can sell my Garmin for $$ and get another flashlight, LED this time....lol

there is always blood to sell.... when gas prices were high I considered starting my own "blood for oil" program. Donate enough blood and maybe you'll start seeing lights without spending a dime on an LED. :p