Twin Task 3C Owners - Question...?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
This may sound odd, but lately I've been wondering if there was a combo light that would have good flood combined with a decent beam for throw. Sounds like this light fits the bill, but I was wondering... Is the xenon a pr based bulb, ie can I substitute an Inretech or Everled for the xenon? Does anyone have one to try it? I also was wondering if a mod could be performed to have all 6 leds and the luxeon on at the same time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
The xenon bulb is the bi-pin type, so a PR base replacement won't work. The idea of using an LS replacement is a good idea, though. The voltage source is already 4.5 volts, so a step-up won't be needed.

The area near the incandescent socket has poor thermal conduction, because it is all plastic. A replacement LS unit will need some kind of conductive "legs" to span the radius of the bezel and make contact with the metal housing. If heat can reach the body, it will be carried away very well.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any bi-pin LS's? I had envisioned a bright blue LS surrounded by 6 white led's. I wonder what the beamshot would look like on that one.