MC Detonator Extender in HA-Nat Availability?

geonex

Newly Enlightened
Greetings -

Sorry if this has been beaten to death. I know (based on what I've been able to find via search) that there's quite a bit of demand for the Detonator extenders...are there any plans to produce more? From what I've been looking at, it looks like they've been sold out since October of 2008 (or so).

Anyway, I wasn't able to find any information via search and I'd love to pick one of these up for my C2. Any word?

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings -

Sorry if this has been beaten to death. I know (based on what I've been able to find via search) that there's quite a bit of demand for the Detonator extenders...are there any plans to produce more? From what I've been looking at, it looks like they've been sold out since October of 2008 (or so).

Anyway, I wasn't able to find any information via search and I'd love to pick one of these up for my C2. Any word?

Hi geonex,

Sorry for the delayed response. If there is enough demand we'll build them. It would take real interest for about 30 pieces for it to be feasible for another run. If we see that interest here or elsewhere we'll build them.

R.VanWinkle

Newly Enlightened
Gentlemen: As an FNG on this forum I apologize for sounding off in this manner, but WTH, more of us otta be buggin' tnc to get the Detonator back in production. I got one of the last ones about a year ago, and now that flashlight deficit disorder has kicked in could use another one and a spare. Just try to find one on CPF Marketplace; you'll get frustrated and go to e-bay and buy all sorts of stupid junk to salve your pain.

I am a big believer in the "Surefire Grip" technique for CQB with a handgun, and my favorite lights are in order are the C2, Z2, and anything with a Detonator. The LeefGrip is a distant fourth, but it is also out of production. (I did tweak a LeefGrip to my satisfaction using emery paper wrapped around a 32mm socket to open up the radius of each finger groove, but that cost me about three weeknights and a whole lot of beer.) I recently bought an FM 3P body in which I am using a Malkoff M30W. Am thinking a good setup would be this body with a bored Detonator and an 18650. If I had to jump vehicles and for some reason ran down the 18650 without a spare, just unscrew the Detonator and bum a 123 primary off of one of your buddies.

To make a long story short, please put me down for one HA Nat and one Black if these ever go back in production.

Hasta, Rip.

Last edited: