The Fenix-Store
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Eyes)

Default Re: D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Ey

PM sent
    Greetings from Germany
    Toby
    Glowworm Vol.2 (a new design) -click-

Default Re: D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Ey

Quote Originally Posted by toby_pra View Post
    PM sent

PM Replied to

dave

Quote Originally Posted by Eric242 View Post
    All right Dave, I´m going with the MC-E drop-in again PM sent regarding shipping to germany.

Eric

Edit: for a MC-E Mbin drop-in
    Hi Dave,

I just wanted to ask if you got a chance building the drop-in yet?

Take care
    Eric

Hi Dave,

I just wanted to ask if you got a chance building the drop-in yet?

Take care
    Eric
    Hi Eric

It was mailed 9/9/2009 did you not receive notification?

Thanks

Dave

*Flashaholic*

Email sent.

Quote Originally Posted by nailbender View Post
    Hi Eric

It was mailed 9/9/2009 did you not receive notification?
    Hi Dave,

that was fast unfortunatelly I didn´t get the notification. But with all that spam floating around it is possible I might have deleted it from the mailserver. I´ll let you know when I received the drop-in.

Thank you
    Eric

All right Dave, I´m going with the MC-E drop-in again
    Got it today Dave, thanks a lot

Got it today Dave, thanks a lot

That is great I have been worrying, now if toby gets his I will be really pleased.

Must have been the German customs this time both of you have had a unusual wait.

Dave

Dave, it took exactly two weeks. I consider 10-14 days the usual delivery time to germany. If the postal services hurry up it might be here in just 7 days but if customs take their time (my shipment wasn´t opened by customs btw.) it might take 3-4 weeks. I usually get concerned if it doesn´t show up within two weeks, which doesn´t happen very often

Flashaholic

All my 3 modules work very well, and the M3 clones look and feel very 'Surefire' as well.

Thank you very much!!!

Dave:

The 1 level MCE D36 has worked out just fine! Now, I'd like to get a 3 level to build into a road bike light. From the posts here, it looks like you can do a P7. That's fine but I'm open to other suggestions. The goal is good spill at a a medium level because that is most useful at the usual speeds but also with the ability to occasionally punch it up to high mode to be able to see well out ahead on fast descents. I can use various battery configurations (CR123 or 18650) but the working design is for 2x18650. Let me know what you think and the price and I'll get a PP to you. Thanks!

David

Quote Originally Posted by saltytri View Post
    Dave:

The 1 level MCE D36 has worked out just fine! Now, I'd like to get a 3 level to build into a road bike light. From the posts here, it looks like you can do a P7. That's fine but I'm open to other suggestions. The goal is good spill at a a medium level because that is most useful at the usual speeds but also with the ability to occasionally punch it up to high mode to be able to see well out ahead on fast descents. I can use various battery configurations (CR123 or 18650) but the working design is for 2x18650. Let me know what you think and the price and I'll get a PP to you. Thanks!

David

Hi David

My biggest problem as you read through the two drop in threads is high voltage drivers, it is very hard to find drivers let alone good drivers for multiple li ion setups and even harder to find them with levels.
    I have tried to have them built but the 17mm size constraints makes it hard.
    There are a few flashlight manufacturers that offer them but most are either 1amp or below or when a large led like P7 running 2X18650 then they usually are much less than 2.8 even if they don't tell you that.

All this said XPG for 8.4 volts 3 levels and i have one driver that has a very narrow voltage operating zone. That is about it.
    I have some members using two Cr123 and a dummy cell then they can take advantage of the 6volt max configs that we do have.

Sorry for the late reply somebody cut main trunk and no phones for the day.

thanks

Dave

This is the bit I was referring to in the first post in this thread:

D36 modules

P7 - I now have a few drivers while they last to accommodate P7 leds 3 level no flashes 5v - 8.4V
    $75 shipped Conus

If those are no longer available
    , what is the best D36 module for my purpose? Or is a D26 a better option? There is no reason I can't use 1x18650 if that helps.
    Last edited by saltytri; 10-20-2009 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saltytri View Post
    This is the bit I was referring to in the first post in this thread:

D36 modules

P7 - I now have a few drivers while they last to accommodate P7 leds 3 level no flashes 5v - 8.4V
    $75 shipped Conus

If those are no longer available
    , what is the best D36 module for my purpose? Or is a D26 a better option? There is no reason I can't use 1x18650 if that helps.
    Hi david

I am aware of what the thread says, I have that driver but it is not my favorite.
    I have more than I would care to admit to as I bought sight unseen to try to satisfy all.
    The voltage range is tighter than that, it is more like 6 or 6.5 to 9 volts. If you keep your batts charged and keep good batteries in there then it will work let them get weak and it will flash. Use 3x li ion and it will turn down from heat, when the led has a VF of around mid 3 volts and we cram 12 plus volts at 2.8 amps that is alot of heat to shed, any driver that can do it will not be very efficient. I have members who are satisfied with the driver, I am very picky is all.

I can build you one with it but as i stated if you can use 6 volts max then you open the door to more choices and good efficiency.

Dave

Enlightened

Smile Re: D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Ey

Dave

Sent you a PM regarding the status of a XP-G upgrade into my Energizer E2 Lithium light.

Thanks,
    laur

Dave:

Thanks for explaining that! So, I'm on board with 6V max. I don't care whether this is in the form of 2xCR123 or 1x18650 - it is easy enough to accommodate either since I'll build the light myself and it doesn't matter whether I use rechargeables or disposables. So, I'll go with your recommendation on the best way to get a three level module with lots of lumens on high. A bike light with big longitudinal heat sink fins gets lots of cooling at speed!

David

Flashaholic

Hi Dave - you have PM.

Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganp View Post
    Hi Dave - you have PM.

Colin.

Hi Colin

PM replied

dave

Flashaholic

For three a level SST-50 module - as close to neutral tint as pos' please Dave.

Thanks,
    Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganp View Post
    For three a level SST-50 module - as close to neutral tint as pos' please Dave.

Thanks,
    Colin.

Hi Colin

Cool I will get in the works and thanks for the order. Maybe you can shoot me a pict of the light when done.

have a great weekend.

dave

*Flashaholic*

Gotta gush about my new High-CRI (83) 3000K SST-50 D36 drop-in from nailbender.

This is as close to the output of an incan as I've seen in an LED so far, and a truly gorgeous beam, with outstanding color rendition. My impression is the output is a bit lower than the cooler SST-50s, but not by much, and the color more than makes up for it.

Have you done a sphere test on it?

Great work, Dave!
    Last edited by donn_; 10-31-2009 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donn_ View Post
    Gotta gush about my new High-CRI (83) 3000K SST-50 D36 drop-in from nailbender.

This is as close to the output of an incan as I've seen in an LED so far, and a truly gorgeous beam, with outstanding color rendition. My impression is the output is a bit lower than the cooler SST-50s, but not by much, and the color more than makes up for it.

Have you done a sphere test on it?

Great work, Dave!
    Hi Donn

They are a little lower and are rated that way but still are about 500 lumen at turn on OTF, not bad for a 3000K led and as you said the color is wild.

thanks and have a great weekend

Dave

PM Sent.
    Who the hell would spend $50 on a flashlight? - My Mother

Quote Originally Posted by OfficerCamp View Post
    PM Sent.
    PM replied to

Banned

Very long PM just sent.

Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    Very long PM just sent.

Hi

PM replied to

thanks

Dave

Banned

Per our PM's, Paypal has been sent Dave for the SST 50 dropin.

Thanks.

VERY INTERESTED if you make an XPG module available! What current draw does it or can I get to run at? If I get one, I want it to be a smoker but not overheat or damage itself if left on. I would also want a multi-mode module. I'll check back!
    FAILURE TO PLAN ON YOUR PART DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART.

Quote Originally Posted by KDOG3 View Post
    VERY INTERESTED if you make an XPG module available! What current draw does it or can I get to run at? If I get one, I want it to be a smoker but not overheat or damage itself if left on. I would also want a multi-mode module. I'll check back!

I have a 1.4 amp driver I can use that will work to 14volts / one level. It is not a problem to build one up for you.

If you want levels I have a hi / low / strobe that is 9 volts max

Dave

Well I just saw your other thread about the P60 sized modules so I'm going to go there. I sent you a PM....
    FAILURE TO PLAN ON YOUR PART DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast