Battery Junction
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Eyes)

Flashaholic

Default Re: D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Ey

Hi Dave,

Do your D36 modules use the same drivers as the D26 ones?

I am looking for SST-50 4500K neutral for use with FM 1x26650 D36 host. What is the best driver for for these bodies, looking for 2 or 3 levels? Are the lows different between? Probably looking for 2.5-2.8A regulated unless that is more complex for you to build.

edit - do you still have smooth reflectors?

Cheers,
    Nova

Default Re: D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Ey

Quote Originally Posted by ^^Nova^^ View Post
    Hi Dave,

Do your D36 modules use the same drivers as the D26 ones?

I am looking for SST-50 4500K neutral for use with FM 1x26650 D36 host. What is the best driver for for these bodies, looking for 2 or 3 levels? Are the lows different between? Probably looking for 2.5-2.8A regulated unless that is more complex for you to build.

edit - do you still have smooth reflectors?

Cheers,
    Nova

Hi

I use the same drivers as in the D26, 2.5 to 2.8 amps, either 2 or 3 levels is not a problem. They both have lows that are 5%

Yes I have smooth.

Dave

Flashaholic

Thanks Dave,

Luminus SST-50 - 3.6 -6volts only, Smooth reflector
    Regulated -- 3 level -- high - med - low
    4500K neutrals (W45S-GH400-WJ-N4)
    Host - FM D36 1x26650

PM sent for cost & shipping. Also after a Linger, posting that in the D26 thread.

Cheers,
    Nova

Quote Originally Posted by nailbender View Post
    Hi

We can't PM you until you have 2 posts or more.

Lights with that much voltage were made for incans and in size that will fit a module it is hard find a driver that would work.

I have a driver that will work with an XPG but they are only 1/2 the strength of your incan. The XPG is about 325 lumens. $40
    I can make a MCE 2S2P and you are looking at about 550 lumens. $65

those are about the only choices I have for that kind of voltage.

thanks

Dave
    i can take the extender off and run 2 x 18650 does that help at all ?
    otherwise the mce 2s2p would be fine + frieght to qld australia please let me no the total
    Last edited by zrx1200; 06-21-2010 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ^^Nova^^ View Post
    Thanks Dave,

Luminus SST-50 - 3.6 -6volts only, Smooth reflector
    Regulated -- 3 level -- high - med - low
    4500K neutrals (W45S-GH400-WJ-N4)
    Host - FM D36 1x26650

PM sent for cost & shipping. Also after a Linger, posting that in the D26 thread.

Cheers,
    Nova

Thanks PM replied to

have a good week

Dave

Flashaholic

Thanks PM replied to

have a good week

Dave

Waiting by the mailbox now...

Cheers,
    Nova

Quote Originally Posted by zrx1200 View Post
    i can take the extender off and run 2 x 18650 does that help at all ?
    otherwise the mce 2s2p would be fine + frieght to qld australia please let me no the total
    just been rereading the thread,am i better off going back to 1 x18650 and a spacer?

just been rereading the thread,am i better off going back to 1 x18650 and a spacer?

If you are looking for the brightest modules then yes that will help alot.
    At 8.4 volts you get a XPG with 3 levels. 325 lumens.

If you drop to 1X18650 then you can get a SST 50 at between 550 and 600 lumens price is $65 good combination of throw and spill.

or if you like a more floody module then the SST 90 would fit that bill with a huge hot spot and more spill than throw. Price is $80 and you will get about 650 lumens with the SST 90.

The SST series are single die leds that have great beam profiles. They are available in smooth or OP.
    These are some of a few leds that are passable in a smooth reflector.

Prices include shipping conus

Thanks

Dave

Unenlightened

Nailbender

I have a Surefire M3 Combat Light and want to get away from using the standard halogen bulbs and CR123A batteries.

I'm happy with 225 Lumens but the 20 min run time is rubbish.

Can you recommend a suitable LED package - I am assuming I can run this on on 2 x 18350s.

Any help or other recommendations much appreciated.

Thanks

Roger
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by roger88 View Post
    Nailbender

I have a Surefire M3 Combat Light and want to get away from using the standard halogen bulbs and CR123A batteries.

I'm happy with 225 Lumens but the 20 min run time is rubbish.

Can you recommend a suitable LED package - I am assuming I can run this on on 2 x 18350s.

Any help or other recommendations much appreciated.

Thanks

Roger
    United Kingdom

Hi

I have a XPG R5 that single level with a voltage range of 4-14 volts or
    a 3 level high / med / low that will work with any 2Xli ions such as 2X18650

Both produce about 325 OTF your choice of smooth or op reflector.

The XPG actually has a great hot spot in these smooth reflectors but does have some outer rings as one would expect.

You should get a couple of hours runtime out of that config just NO 3X li ion

Dave

Enlightened

Got my drop-in and had my first shift using the SST-50 direct drive with smooth reflector in a Pila GL3X. WOW! Just wow. I read posts saying that the Phlatlight LEDs were supposed to be floody. Says who! I'm lighting things up across the length of soccer fields, and I can get the hotspot to just slightly reach treetops across twice that distance (estimated at two soccer fields, and it was slightly foggy that night). The smooth reflector - also heard some bad things about them, but I wanted to squeeze every last drop of throw out of my module. My beam is perfect - no annoying artifacts, and the hotspot is a nice, round circle. This is either a testament to the quality of Nailbender's work and his suppliers, or maybe my standards are just way too low compared to you guys.

The Pila is once again my main patrol light; the floody beam of the original Pila bulb kept blinding me through the rearview mirror, forcing me to switch to the issued "general public" type 3xAAA LED light, bleh. The SST-50 doesn't care if your eyes are closed, it blinds you anyways. Who needs tasers?

Thanks NB

sst50 smoooth reflector please thanks ben

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    Got my drop-in and had my first shift using the SST-50 direct drive with smooth reflector in a Pila GL3X. WOW! Just wow. I read posts saying that the Phlatlight LEDs were supposed to be floody. Says who! I'm lighting things up across the length of soccer fields, and I can get the hotspot to just slightly reach treetops across twice that distance (estimated at two soccer fields, and it was slightly foggy that night). The smooth reflector - also heard some bad things about them, but I wanted to squeeze every last drop of throw out of my module. My beam is perfect - no annoying artifacts, and the hotspot is a nice, round circle. This is either a testament to the quality of Nailbender's work and his suppliers, or maybe my standards are just way too low compared to you guys.

The Pila is once again my main patrol light; the floody beam of the original Pila bulb kept blinding me through the rearview mirror, forcing me to switch to the issued "general public" type 3xAAA LED light, bleh. The SST-50 doesn't care if your eyes are closed, it blinds you anyways. Who needs tasers?

Thanks NB
    Hi

I am glad it worked out, I had found some measurements for the modules that your light uses so i had hoped I had the dimensions right for your host.
    I also especially in the larger reflector think that the SST 50 has good throw, and i also think the smooth is more than acceptable.

thanks

dav
    e

sst50 smoooth reflector please thanks ben

Thanks, one question is do you want levels. I have a 2 level high / low or a 3 level that adds a med. to the mix.

I also of course have a one level as some require.

thanks

Dave

3 levels would be great thanks

curious about the difference between a module that would fit a LF mini-turbo head vs the larger/regular D36 modules. any side by side pics?

I know the LF module is smaller, how does that affect output differences?

I'm looking at the D36 because I hear their output is greater than the D26 I'm used to. How much more output would you get from say an sst-50 in a D26 vs D36?

thanks, PBX
    Craftsman 1000w worklight, busted tripod; Disney Little Mermaid-in-China; Fenix TK40; Romisen RCG2II; Solarforce BK L2P, GY L2P; QminiCR2WW; QAAWW; Jetbeam Jet1proV3 WW(NW); WL TheTorch; QAA2 NW coming

Quote Originally Posted by PolarBearX View Post
    curious about the difference between a module that would fit a LF mini-turbo head vs the larger/regular D36 modules. any side by side pics?

I know the LF module is smaller, how does that affect output differences?

I'm looking at the D36 because I hear their output is greater than the D26 I'm used to. How much more output would you get from say an sst-50 in a D26 vs D36?

thanks, PBX

Hi

The shape of the reflectors are the same, the tail pc. that the pill threads into is a different size. One is a M size and the mini-turbo takes a C & P sized.

As for output there is no difference in lumens, the difference is in size of the reflector and shape of the reflector.

No I don't have a side by side picture and with out calipers you would not be able to see the difference but there is.

Dave

I just had a fun idea, what does a linger special look like behind the bigger D36 reflector? also do you have outdoor white tent in either the xp-e or xp-g?
    (preferably C3)

Quote Originally Posted by tstartrekdude View Post
    I just had a fun idea, what does a linger special look like behind the bigger D36 reflector? also do you have outdoor white tent in either the xp-e or xp-g?
    (preferably C3)

Hi

I have not made one in D36 but I would think floody with a bit more throw.

I have a R4 XPG daylight white in C3 tint, no problem. I have a couple of dual C3 boards made up plus a couple on single boards.

I have not found any true daylight whites in XPE plus the XPE tends to have more center clutter when used dual as it is a narrower viewing angle.

Dave

Still loving the D36 SST50 i picked up from you back in November that i host in my Pila GL4. Amazing.

I was wondering what i might expect if i upgrade to an SST90 drop in from you. Does it simply throw farther and spill more, or will i be giving up some throw for lumens? If i'm giving up throw, many more lumens might i be gaining over the SST50? I'll be running off of 4 cr123's...unless you can suggest something more appropriate for this LED.

Thanks in advance,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by hedgecore View Post
    Still loving the D36 SST50 i picked up from you back in November that i host in my Pila GL4. Amazing.

I was wondering what i might expect if i upgrade to an SST90 drop in from you. Does it simply throw farther and spill more, or will i be giving up some throw for lumens? If i'm giving up throw, many more lumens might i be gaining over the SST50? I'll be running off of 4 cr123's...unless you can suggest something more appropriate for this LED.

Thanks in advance,
    Tim
    Hi Tim

More Spill less throw. There would be probably a extra 100 lumens but more spill and I don't have anything that will use 4XCR123.
    2XCR123 yes but that is it for SST 90 6 volts max.

Dave

thanks the dropin turned up last week,fitted over the weekend,and works great with 1 18650 and a 55mm spacer.

for other we rattle snake users , it was neccisary to remove spring and file the dia of the brass piece were the spring was to fit into the battery tube.that is why the spacer required was only 55mm.

thanks Niel great product have to save for a 26mm one next.

Hi Dave

I have a Wolfeyes Rattlesnake with the LF D36 XR-E R2 SMO, what do you have that would be a good upgrade from what i have?. SST MCE ?? i havent kept up with LED technology lately.

Cheers Nic

Quote Originally Posted by MR-STI View Post
    Hi Dave

I have a Wolfeyes Rattlesnake with the LF D36 XR-E R2 SMO, what do you have that would be a good upgrade from what i have?. SST MCE ?? i havent kept up with LED technology lately.

Cheers Nic
    Hi Nic

I think you would like the SST 50, it takes the same power as the MC-E but has a better beam. Since it is a single die it has a great beam. Good power with adequate throw and ample spill. Price is $65 shipping conus included

Dave

Hi Nic

I think you would like the SST 50, it takes the same power as the MC-E but has a better beam. Since it is a single die it has a great beam. Good power with adequate throw and ample spill. Price is $65 shipping conus included

Dave
    So will it work with 2x 18650's or 3x 18500's, the only reason i ask is i have seen somewhere that SST-50 volt range is from 3-6v.

Cheers Nic

So will it work with 2x 18650's or 3x 18500's, the only reason i ask is i have seen somewhere that SST-50 volt range is from 3-6v.

Cheers Nic

Hi Nic

I don't have drivers that will fit in modules that will allow me to supply high voltage to the larger leds. The members that have used this in a Pila or WE have used dummy cells. I have drivers that will work with XPG R5 and such but no SST's.

The only item that will work would be a 2S2P MCE one level voltage range of 7 -14 volts.

Dave

Hi Nic

I don't have drivers that will fit in modules that will allow me to supply high voltage to the larger leds. The members that have used this in a Pila or WE have used dummy cells. I have drivers that will work with XPG R5 and such but no SST's.

The only item that will work would be a 2S2P MCE one level voltage range of 7 -14 volts.

Dave
    Hey Dave

So how much of an increase would the MCE be over what I have now??

And do you think in the near future you will beable get drivers that accept more volts for the SST's??

Cheers Nic

Hey Dave

So how much of an increase would the MCE be over what I have now??

And do you think in the near future you will beable get drivers that accept more volts for the SST's??

Cheers Nic

Hi

Well on the best day a R2 XRE is going to get about 260 lumens probably more like 240. The MCE is going to be about 500 to 550 lumens. I try to focus all of the center clutter out that I can but as with any Quad die emitter there probably will be some center clutter. The MC-E will also be more floody than you are used to with a XRE in a smooth reflector. Price is $65 like the SST 50.

Just a XPG R5 in a smooth reflector will increase what you have by about 75 lumens at least. Price is $40.

As for getting drivers, chances are slim as the size need to fit a module is the limiting factor. Drivers can be had but not in this size because of the heat produced. You see the extra 18650 adds some extra runtime no doubt but no where near double when run in series because you have to buck the 8.4 volts down to 3.6 volts to run the led, this means a good deal of capacity is lost to heat while bucking the voltage down.

Thanks

Dave

Hi

Well on the best day a R2 XRE is going to get about 260 lumens probably more like 240. The MCE is going to be about 500 to 550 lumens. I try to focus all of the center clutter out that I can but as with any Quad die emitter there probably will be some center clutter. The MC-E will also be more floody than you are used to with a XRE in a smooth reflector. Price is $65 like the SST 50.

Just a XPG R5 in a smooth reflector will increase what you have by about 75 lumens at least. Price is $40.

As for getting drivers, chances are slim as the size need to fit a module is the limiting factor. Drivers can be had but not in this size because of the heat produced. You see the extra 18650 adds some extra runtime no doubt but no where near double when run in series because you have to buck the 8.4 volts down to 3.6 volts to run the led, this means a good deal of capacity is lost to heat while bucking the voltage down.

Thanks

Dave
    Hey Dave

So if the MCE is 500 lumens, how many lumens is the SST, and the driver for the SST, is it regulated, and 3 levels, Low /Med/High.

And i have AW 18650 2200mah batteries, are they up to the Job?.

Sry for all the noob questions

Cheers Nic

Hey Dave

So if the MCE is 500 lumens, how many lumens is the SST, and the driver for the SST, is it regulated, and 3 levels, Low /Med/High.
    The MCE is one level

The SST 50 is 550 lumens regulated can be 1 level / 2 level high -low / 3 level - H-M-L
    The SST 50 are a single die with a dedicated hot spot and that will give more throw than you will get out of a MC-E that is much floodier. This is 6 volt max though.

And i have AW 18650 2200mah batteries, are they up to the Job?.

Yes

Sry for all the noob questions
    I would rather you ask and get what you want.

Cheers Nic

*Flashaholic*

The SST 50 is 550 lumens regulated can be 1 level / 2 level high -low / 3 level - H-M-L
    Can you do this in an Aleph LE? Particularly the 2-speed. It'll be used in an Aleph 3.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast