HDS Systems
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Eyes)

Default Re: D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Ey

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    Excellent, this is starting to look hopeful.

I already have two of the 18500 cells, so I'd like to use those until they die. Runtime isn't a huge issue as those two cells ran the EO-9L and I can only remember one shift where they ran out. I also have the standard issue light to fall back on. I'll probably ask for two spacers from Bstrickler, one for an 18650 cell and another to make up the difference for an 18500 until I upgrade.

Now I'm pretty sure, 99% sure, that I'll be buying an SST-50. How do you feel about the standard CRI of 70? I noticed on the spec sheets that the higher CRI comes at the price of reduced lumens. A lot of my work involves getting descriptions of clothing and vehicles but I'd also like to squeeze every last lumen out so I can use this module for as long as possible without feeling a need to upgrade.

Let me know if you'd like to take this to PM; I think my account now has it activated. Thanks for all the help, Dave. (And to Brian/bstrickler as well)

Hi

Just becuase higher CRI helps with colors it is not like you will call a white car black. You won't have any trouble with what you need and cool white.

If you were a doctor looking at skin lesions or something like than then I would worry about CRI. IMHO

Now when you get ready you can get 18650's for $10 depending on whose you buy and get twice the runtimes and a stock dummy 16340 makes up the difference in length.

Shipping included conus

Dave

Enlightened

Default Re: D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Ey

No, but might I call a red car purple?

I'll definitely upgrade to 18650s in the future, but in the meantime I'll use my 18500s until they wear out.

How does the three-mode function? Do I tap the switch to cycle through power levels?

No, but might I call a red car purple?

I'll definitely upgrade to 18650s in the future, but in the meantime I'll use my 18500s until they wear out.

How does the three-mode function? Do I tap the switch to cycle through power levels?

turning on and off quicker than 3 seconds changes levels, once the light has been on for 3 seconds the level is stocked to memory.

Enlightened

Ah, so no manual strobe. I'll just get the single mode then, in a smooth reflector to squeeze out more throw.

Is it difficult to wire it up in reverse polarity to work with an LED tailcap?

Ah, so no manual strobe. I'll just get the single mode then, in a smooth reflector to squeeze out more throw.

Is it difficult to wire it up in reverse polarity to work with an LED tailcap?

Hi

You have me totally lost, I hope your modules look like the ones on page one. If they do they will not allow you to do this as the drivers won't work that way.

I can do one level regulated

Dave

Enlightened

It's a D36 module without the "big" spring - the centre spring is there, but that other spring that's the size of your thumb is not needed for my flashlight. They look like the ones on page one, although mine appear to be slightly fatter. I think you have sold to people who put them in Pila GL3X lights before.

The only odd thing is that Wolf Eyes and Pila decided to wire their LED tailcap in reverse polarity, so that the negative end of the battery is inserted towards the bezel. This wasn't a problem with incan bulbs, but now with LEDs on both ends it's one or the other. If your modules have reverse polarity protection, then I could in theory just turn the batteries around to choose between 500+ or 10 lumens.

Oh, and I'm not in the Conus, I'm in Ontario, Canada.

It's a D36 module without the "big" spring - the centre spring is there, but that other spring that's the size of your thumb is not needed for my flashlight. They look like the ones on page one, although mine appear to be slightly fatter. I think you have sold to people who put them in Pila GL3X lights before.

The only odd thing is that Wolf Eyes and Pila decided to wire their LED tailcap in reverse polarity, so that the negative end of the battery is inserted towards the bezel. This wasn't a problem with incan bulbs, but now with LEDs on both ends it's one or the other. If your modules have reverse polarity protection, then I could in theory just turn the batteries around to choose between 500+ or 10 lumens.

Oh, and I'm not in the Conus, I'm in Ontario, Canada.

Hi

Yes they can do that with incans since they don't have drivers it is just batts and bulb. Incans are the main reasons that hosts have multiple batts as most leds run on 4 volts and less.

I can wire direct drive with no levels and reverse the hooks. You will still be ok to use one 1850 if you want to insert the same way but as you said just turning around should work in principle as long as the switch is good with this.

Surefire has a couple of weapon lites like this.

Shipping to Canada is $5 1st class int or $15 for priority mail with tracking

Dave

Enlightened

Yes, the switch is reverse polarity protected, I've run the batteries the "right way 'round" a few times. The LEDs don't turn on, but the main bulb does work like that. As long as your module is protected from reverse polarity, for when I flip the battery around to use the tailcap, I'm fine with it. I might even find a way to rewire the tailcap for the proper polarity as I can only see two different components on the board.

Direct drive = no regulation, right? I would prefer regulated output for consistency. So if the answer to the first paragraph is yes, then Dave, you have finally made this sale! SST-50, single-mode regulated, smooth reflector, and in a nice bright bin if you don't mind. I'll even pay more for a higher bin, as long as the total cost doesn't get much over $100.

You can PM me the total cost including shipping to L3V 7Y8 Ontario. USPS is preferred as I've had issues with other carriers and their brokerage fees. Add the applicable fees for using PayPal Visa as I don't keep my bank account linked anymore.

Can anyone recommend an INEXPENSIVE D36 host that has a 1 X 18650 body AND Dave's D36 drop - ins (with SST-90) fit well? The fivemegas all seem to be for 26XXX sized batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    Can anyone recommend an INEXPENSIVE D36 host that has a 1 X 18650 body AND Dave's D36 drop - ins (with SST-90) fit well? The fivemegas all seem to be for 26XXX sized batteries.

Hi

I now have reflectors that work with the Lumens Factory turbo head I think it is called Serraph or something. It fits any C & P style hosts so it would fit a 1X18650 body that Nite sells on MP.

may not be what you wanted but one way to go. I had modules made so that they would fit that set up or ones with C & P style hosts.

Dave

"It fits any C & P style hosts ..." By "it" I'm not sure if you mean the Serraph turbo head.

Do those Serraph Turbo Heads fit a 6P or a Solarforce L2? If not does someone else make a turbo head that fits the 6P or the L2? I'd rather put the money into your drop-in than the host and I don't own a Seraph.

I appreciate the help Dave.

"It fits any C & P style hosts ..." By "it" I'm not sure if you mean the Serraph turbo head.

Do those Serraph Turbo Heads fit a 6P or a Solarforce L2? If not does someone else make a turbo head that fits the 6P or the L2? I'd rather put the money into your drop-in than the host and I don't own a Seraph.

I appreciate the help Dave.
    Hi

Yes the turbo heads fit 6p or L2 as they are for P sized hosts. I do not know of D36 head other than the LF.
    This is what I was talking about http://www.lumensfactory.com/cart_detail.php?id=117

Remember unless you get a bored 6P they won't hold a 18650 as you mentioned which is why I mentioned Nite who sells 18650 6P style bodies. The L2 does accept 18650

Dave

Dave, PM sent with a few questions.
    Thanks,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by nailbender View Post
    Hi

Yes the turbo heads fit 6p or L2 as they are for P sized hosts. I do not know of D36 head other than the LF.
    This is what I was talking about http://www.lumensfactory.com/cart_detail.php?id=117

Remember unless you get a bored 6P they won't hold a 18650 as you mentioned which is why I mentioned Nite who sells 18650 6P style bodies. The L2 does accept 18650

Dave
    OK, I have an L2 host so that should work fine.

In the other thread I think I read that the SST-90 output is greater with the 26650 than the 18650. Since they're both the same voltage I don't get it?

OK, I have an L2 host so that should work fine.

In the other thread I think I read that the SST-90 output is greater with the 26650 than the 18650. Since they're both the same voltage I don't get it?

Hi

It depends on the 18650 used, a IMR 18650 will be about as bright for a short while but doesn't have many mah.

It is not all about voltage as the 26650 most of are using are IMR and they tend to release more amps. As the SST 90 is a amperage hog then the IMR will tend to produce more lumens.
    The other reason is that part of the dimming is from battery sag. The 18650 will sag before the 26650 will sag most of the time. Sagging is the reason one can use 2XCR123 and not burn up the SST 90, the 6 volts is almost twice the VF but the batts sag quick enough that you can run them and not hurt the led.
    Remember that 188650 IMR do not have but about 1800 mah and the 2600 18650 of AW release almost as many amps but not quite.

Dave

D36 SST-90 6500K Cool White
    3 mode regulated driver H-M-L
    Lightest OP reflector you have
    Thanks,
    David

Enlightened

hi Dave, for:

1x d36 sst-50 smo, 2 level reg, for LF seraph head
    1x d36 sst-50 smo, direct drive, for LF seraph head
    1x d26 nichia UV, 365nm, for standard p60 head

Thanks!

Nailbender is a great guy to buy from he sent me a d26 module in sted of a d36 module and sent me a new one no questions asked.

Thanks
    Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler2006 View Post
    Nailbender is a great guy to buy from he sent me a d26 module in sted of a d36 module and sent me a new one no questions asked.

Thanks
    Tyler

Hi Tyler

I appreciate your kind words but it was my mistake so I should make right. Sorry for the delay.

Dave

Enlightened

I'm thinking of getting one of these for an FM 1x26650 but have no idea if anyone makes an adapter that will fit an M3 head to a 6P threaded host.

I think the D36 size would fit the 1x26650 size host better and might be a better choice for the SST-90. I run 2xCR123 with an adapter and 1x26650 in the FM host but think the D36 might be a better choice.

First I need to find an adapter, if there is one.
    Then order one of your bezels with a 1 mode, DD, SST-90, 6500K, MOP and potted.

If there is an adapter out there, shoot me a link to it and a price for the drop-in above.

I see Lumens Factory makes a D36 turbo head that's c and P compatible but not sure how it would look on the 1x26650.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Tedfs; 06-13-2010 at 10:11 PM.

See answers below in red.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedfs View Post
    I'm thinking of getting one of these for an FM 1x26650 but have no idea if anyone makes an adapter that will fit an M3 head to a 6P threaded host.

I think the D36 size would fit the 1x26650 size host better and might be a better choice for the SST-90. I run 2xCR123 with an adapter and 1x26650 in the FM host but think the D36 might be a better choice.

First I need to find an adapter, if there is one.
    Then order one of your bezels with a 1 mode, DD, SST-90, 6500K, MOP and potted.

Lumens Factory makes one but it's only in HA. You would be better off getting the Mini Turbo Head.

You might be able to find a Surefire M to C adapter but they are hard to come by.

You might also be able to find a Leef M to C adapter but are also hard to come by.

All the options above only came in HA, not black.

If there is an adapter out there, shoot me a link to it and a price for the drop-in above.

I see Lumens Factory makes a D36 turbo head that's c and P compatible but not sure how it would look on the 1x26650.

It looks great. I don't have any pictures at the moment but it does look good.

Thank you.

Enlightened

Thank you for the answers and if you get pictures, let me know.

Browsing lighthound I see they have a C2M adapter from Lumens factory.
    If that is what I need, that might be easier than getting the LF D36 turbo head which needs a different reflector than the M3 clone Dave has.

It's the same Seraph gray but I could live with that if it will work.
    This is for a work light anyway and will get abused. As long as the whole assembly is somewhat water resistant, all should be fine.

I won't have any pictures for awhile. I have 4 of the LF mini turbo heads getting coated in HA black to match my Fivemega 1x26500 and 1x26650 bodies. I sent them off to the exotic coating thread.

Thank you for the answers and if you get pictures, let me know.

Browsing lighthound I see they have a C2M adapter from Lumens factory.
    If that is what I need, that might be easier than getting the LF D36 turbo head which needs a different reflector than the M3 clone Dave has.

It's the same Seraph gray but I could live with that if it will work.
    This is for a work light anyway and will get abused. As long as the whole assembly is somewhat water resistant, all should be fine.

Hi

I do not have any M3 cloned heads at this time, the last batch the threads did not match and no use wasting money.

You can buy a Z46 lamp head from several places. If you want to see a mini turbo head from LF just go to lumens factory's website and they are listed with price.

I am trying to source more lamp heads.

thanks

Dave

PS all these lampheads are o-ringed so I am sure all is at least water resistant.

Enlightened

Hi

I do not have any M3 cloned heads at this time, the last batch the threads did not match and no use wasting money.

You can buy a Z46 lamp head from several places. If you want to see a mini turbo head from LF just go to lumens factory's website and they are listed with price.

I am trying to source more lamp heads.

thanks

Dave

PS all these lampheads are o-ringed so I am sure all is at least water resistant.
    I checked out the LF turbo heads but am wondering if you'll need a different reflector than you'd need on a Z46.

Optics planet has SF Z46 bezels for $53, that was the only place I recognized the name of but several others offer the same thing for the same price.

When you get time, shoot me a price for a D36 1 mode, DD, SST-90, 6500K, OP and potted. I can use the LF adapter for the FM 1x26650 host and buy a Z46 bezel later.

I checked out the LF turbo heads but am wondering if you'll need a different reflector than you'd need on a Z46.

Optics planet has SF Z46 bezels for $53, that was the only place I recognized the name of but several others offer the same thing for the same price.

When you get time, shoot me a price for a D36 1 mode, DD, SST-90, 6500K, OP and potted. I can use the LF adapter for the FM 1x26650 host and buy a Z46 bezel later.

Hi

Make sure you have read all and understood, I have several D36 modules and the one for the Z46 or M3 style head will not exchange with the LF mini turbo. They are different modules with different tails.

Yes I do understand that they take different which is why I offer different modules

A module for a M3 head sst 90 / 1 level direct drive / potted is $85 shipping included conus

Dave

Enlightened

Hi

Make sure you have read all and understood, I have several D36 modules and the one for the Z46 or M3 style head will not exchange with the LF mini turbo. They are different modules with different tails.

Yes I do understand that they take different which is why I offer different modules

A module for a M3 head sst 90 / 1 level direct drive / potted is $85 shipping included conus

Dave
    That's what I was wondering. I wasn't sure if they were interchangeable or not as they do not look like they are. Thank you for clearing that up.

LF makes a C2M adapter and I'll use that with an M3 head and your drop-in. The adapter is gray but I can live with that or get it refinished if not.

Enlightened

Hi

Dave

D36 for a M3 head 1 mode, DD, SST-90, 6500K, OP and potted

Info left in PP notes as requested.

Thank you again

after recomendations for a 36 dropin for my we m90 rattlesnake 13v(3 x 18650)
    have been using lumens factory eo 13 700 lumen.after somthing to equal or better this.please pm the cost / payment details

Quote Originally Posted by zrx1200 View Post
    after recomendations for a 36 dropin for my we m90 rattlesnake 13v(3 x 18650)
    have been using lumens factory eo 13 700 lumen.after somthing to equal or better this.please pm the cost / payment details

Hi

We can't PM you until you have 2 posts or more.

Lights with that much voltage were made for incans and in size that will fit a module it is hard find a driver that would work.

I have a driver that will work with an XPG but they are only 1/2 the strength of your incan. The XPG is about 325 lumens. $40
    I can make a MCE 2S2P and you are looking at about 550 lumens. $65

those are about the only choices I have for that kind of voltage.

thanks

Dave

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast