Unique Titanium
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Eyes)

Default Re: D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Ey

Got it. Thanks for the clarification Dave. A new module it is then.

Paypal sent for...

Cree XM-L
    T60 flux bin 3C 5000k daylight white
    D36 SMO reflector
    2.8 amp regulated driver
    3 level Low / Med / High Regulated
    Potted
    Host: TnC 1x26650
    Power: Single IMR 26650

I know it is right before Thanksgiving and all so no hurry on this but wanted to at least put it in process. Thanks!

Default Re: D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Ey

Hi Dave,

Just want to say thanks for making this great drop-in/module, the drop-ins I ordered arrived today and gave new life to my M3's.

Pee Wee
    "A high I.Q. is nothing without the same level of common sense" - Me
    "Life's too short, get a flashlight and make it brighter everyday"

Quote Originally Posted by azzid View Post
    Hi Dave,

Just want to say thanks for making this great drop-in/module, the drop-ins I ordered arrived today and gave new life to my M3's.

Pee Wee
    Hi Pee Wee

I appreciate the kind words. I really like the options the modules give since when a newer better emitter comes along you can just switch modules. I have been using a D36 with a t6 cool white in a smooth and it has become one of my favs.

Have great day

Dave

I received my D36 (Cree XM-L / U2 flux / 1A tint / 2 Level) for my M3 about a month ago. I have used it every day as my primary duty light with great results. I have used it as a flashlight and an impact weapon. The max setting is great for searching large buildings/areas and for traffic stops. The low setting is great for reading IDs and searching vehicles. I also threw it at an armed suspect that was running from me and hit him right between the shoulder blades, knocking him to the ground. This allowed me to make the arrest without any injuries to myself or others and did zero damage to the light/lamp assembly. This lamp assembly seems to be indestructible!! Thanks Dave

Flashaholic*

Hi Dave,
    I want to order this please:

Osram Platinum Dragon IR $45 (850 940nm) 3.6v- 6 volts
    3 level regulated
    Op reflector
    Potting with copper tape is a $5 - I need some extra tape, how much should I add to the total?
    Short as possible TnC 26650 D36 head
    Total = $50.00

Thanks,
    Frank

Paypal sent
    (Unique Transaction ID # 7JC99954B8575792M)

Last edited by Drywolf; 12-12-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drywolf View Post
    Hi Dave,
    I want to order this please:

Osram Platinum Dragon IR $45 (850 940nm) 3.6v- 6 volts
    3 level regulated
    Op reflector
    Potting with copper tape is a $5 - I need some extra tape, how much should I add to the total?
    Short as possible TnC 26650 D36 head
    Total = $50.00

Thanks,
    Frank

Hi Frank

I will send a second pc of tape no problem and I will make for a TNC D36.

thanks and have a good week

Dave

For those people who are trying to decide between a Nailbender or a Lumens Factory P7, Nailbender is the winner everytime. I just tried out a LF P7 head on my bored M3 with a 1x123 extender and 2x18650(AW2900) and it looks like it has half the throw and half the brightness of my NB D36(Cree XM-L/U2 Flux/1A tint/1x18650). The LF P7 has a dimmer hot spot and the only time that the LF P7 seems brighter is during a ceiling bounce test. So unless you're looking for a bedside lamp, go with Nailbender.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdm View Post
    Just discovered this thread, PM inbound to Dave...

But for those of you with experience with these, can you confirm it will fit my older ribbed-style head? And if so how difficult is it removing the guts etc. This is the one I have:

I never found an answer to this question as I have the same head except it is on a M111C Pistol light.

It uses 3 CR123 batts
    I think I need an XPG with OP reflector
    I would like a warm color rendition
    I would like a nice combination of throw and flood as I don't need to see real far out for the intended purpose ie: room clearing, alley's, yards etc.
    One light level
    What do you recomend?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffa View Post
    I never found an answer to this question as I have the same head except it is on a M111C Pistol light.

It uses 3 CR123 batts
    I think I need an XPG with OP reflector
    I would like a warm color rendition
    I would like a nice combination of throw and flood as I don't need to see real far out for the intended purpose ie: room clearing, alley's, yards etc.
    One light level
    What do you recomend?
    HI

What you have pictured is NOT a D36 lamp head. It is not a M3 head as that lamp head is mounted on M2 centurion or at least mine will not take a M3 head as most M2's are D26 modules not D36. If you are sure that yours is exactly like the one pictured then you need a D26 module.

It is easy to tell, if your light engine is one piece including the reflector then it is a D26, if it is just a bulb that inserts into a reflector that stays in the lamp head then you have a D36. If I remember right the D36 lamp head is about 1.62 inches diameter.

I can build what you need either way but I need to know for sure what you have.

Dave

the M111C's take the surefire M3 head - MN10/11 style bulbs.

Boltgun
    1*

Boltgun on: www.lightfighter.net, www.canadiangunnutz.com, Tactical Concepts on: www.ar15.com

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    the M111C's take the surefire M3 head - MN10/11 style bulbs.

Boltgun
    Hi

thanks for the clarification. i don't know all the weapons lights numbers as surefire has so many options i just knew a M2 did not take a D36.

OK then a D36 XPG one level op reflector is $40 potted. I can use a 90 CRI warm white or if you want a bit more power go with a neutral 4000k.

thanks for the help boltgun

Dave

Thanks guys my head looks the same but it is a two piece as you described and has a mn-11 bulb.

So as you recomended I would like to order:

D36 XPG one level op reflector $40 potted
    I think you have a good idea with a little more power I will add the neutral 4000K potted.

pay pal sent Thanks

Thanks guys my head looks the same but it is a two piece as you described and has a mn-11 bulb.

So as you recomended I would like to order:

D36 XPG one level op reflector $40 potted
    I think you have a good idea with a little more power I will add the neutral 4000K potted.

pay pal sent Thanks

Hi

Thanks and have a great holiday season.

Dave

Hi Dave,
    I'd buy a D36 drop-in as following set-up, but still have question need to be clarified before ordering.
    LED Cree XM-L
    U2 flux bin 1A 6500k+ Cool White
    2.8 amp
    3 level Hi / Low / Strobe Regulated
    2.8 - 6 volt
    Smooth reflector
    Thermal potting and copper tape.

I know this drop-in will have full output with 2x CR123A primaries, but can this drop-in have full output with either 1x IMR 26650 or 1x 32650 or even 1x protected 18650?
    (I may use this dropin on Surefirfe M3, or M3 z46 head with M6 body, or FM D36 host, not decide yet.)
    Thanks~
    Last edited by Kif; 12-26-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kif View Post
    Hi Dave,
    I'd buy a D36 drop-in as following set-up, but still have question need to be clarified before ordering.
    LED Cree XM-L
    2.8 amp
    2.8 - 6 volt
    Smooth reflector

I know this drop-in will have full output with 2x CR123A primaries, but can this drop-in have full output with either 1x IMR 26650 or 1x 32650 or even 1x protected 18650?
    (I may use this dropin on Surefirfe M3, or M3 z46 head with M6 body, or FM D36 host, not decide yet.)
    Thanks~

Hi

Yes it will have full power with one li ion or 2X primaries but you have mentioned some hosts that I am sure you know how to keep with in the 6 volts max you want to order. I hope you have a parallel solution if used in a M6 body.

Yes it will work fine on one 18650

Dave

Paypal sent for:

D36 XM-L dropin:
    2.8 amp
    2.8 - 6 volt
    Smooth reflector
    For using Surefire M3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nailbender View Post
    Hi

Thanks and have a great holiday season.

Dave
    Received the D36 drop in. It fits perfect and the coolor is nice not as warm as the MN11, but nice. Thanks a bunch.
    Last edited by Jeffa; 12-29-2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: I was way off in my initial review.

unnecessary post
    Last edited by Jeffa; 12-29-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Default Re: D36 Drop - In modules are finally here

unnecessary post
    Last edited by Jeffa; 12-29-2011 at 05:17 PM.

Dave, Another few questions please:

I will be using three CR123A's in my M3 combat light.

I would like a smooth reflector with better throw and one level.

Would I be looking at an XRE Q3 5B neutral white (simiar to the color of the XPG 4000K, just guessing)?
    Last edited by Jeffa; 12-29-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: better info added

Quote Originally Posted by nailbender View Post
    Hi

I have a XPG R5 that single level with a voltage range of 4-14 volts or
    a 3 level high / med / low that will work with any 2Xli ions such as 2X18650

Both produce about 325 OTF your choice of smooth or op reflector.

The XPG actually has a great hot spot in these smooth reflectors but does have some outer rings as one would expect.

You should get a couple of hours runtime out of that config just NO 3X li ion

Dave
    Dave ,

I think that I answered a few of my questions by researching previous threads and found someone else who requested this, what do i owe you for one of these.

XPG - Smooth reflector / 1 level 3.6-18 volts @1.4 amps / R4 - daylight white 5000k

What do you think the lumens and runtime would be for this set up in a Surefire M3? What is the difference between daylight and neutral 4000K, that is what my last one was.

Funny, thought I needed something different but came back to almost the same thing I ordered before.
    Last edited by Jeffa; 12-30-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Dave ,

I think that I answered a few of my questions by researching previous threads and found someone else who requested this, what do i owe you for one of these.

XPG - Smooth reflector / 1 level 3.6-18 volts @1.4 amps / R4 - daylight white 5000k

What do you think the lumens and runtime would be for this set up in a Surefire M3? What is the difference between daylight and neutral 4000K, that is what my last one was.

Funny, thought I needed something different but came back to almost the same thing I ordered before.
    Hi

Price is $40 for unpotted and $45 for potted.

Lumens will be around 300 -310 lumens for a R4. I am guessing you mean difference in tint between the two since they are both R4 so they would be about same brightness, the 5k will be more buttery or daylight tinted and as you know the 4k is a bit more rosy at least to my eyes.

Dave

PayPal sent:

Dave I odered XPG - Smooth reflector / 1 level 3.6-18 volts @1.4 amps / R4 - daylight white 5000k/ Potted

Thanks

Default Re: D36 Drop - In modules are finally here

PP sent for 4000k XML D36 module, up to 9v, smooth reflector if possible. 2 mode if possible, 3 mode is ok...Thanks as always Dave!

Hi Dave,
    paypal (9ET35186F0319221G) sent for :

D36 LOP reflector
    Cree XM-L
    2.8 A driver 2.8-6 V
    2 level Hi/Lo regulated
    Potted
    Host: SF M3

XML Tower Module
    T6 flux 1A tint
    2.8 A driver 2.8-6V
    2 level Hi/Lo regulated
    Host: KT4 (Megalennium parallel)
    tower not potted

and $15 intl shipping.

Thank you!

Hi

Thanks guys for the orders. I am a day or so behind because of a bit of time off on the holiday but should be caught up by week end.

Dave

I can relate Dave, no prob. Happy New Year to you.

Transaction ID # 54N6155607502450D

1 each:

XPG - OP 1 level 3.6-18 volts @1.4 amps
    Q5 - warm white 3000k
    $40 shipping included conus

XPG - OP 1 level 3.6-18 volts @1.4 amps
    R2- neutral white 4000k
    $40 shipping included conus
    Last edited by Brigadier; 01-05-2012 at 08:24 AM.
    Finally seeing the light - going back to incans!!!!

Hey Dave (or anyone else who knows), I have one of your XRE D36 modules that I got a year or two ago, and now I'm thinking of getting an XML D36. From what I can tell, sounds like the XRE will still have a little more throw, but because of the mass amount of light coming from the XML it isn't that much shorter, while obviously giving much more spill and light. Is this right, or does the XRE still throw quite a bit farther? I'm also curious if you have redone a Solor Force Pro 1 head with an XML, and if so, what were the results. Thanks!
    Sometimes we don't get what we pray for. Sometimes we get much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1322 View Post
    Hey Dave (or anyone else who knows), I have one of your XRE D36 modules that I got a year or two ago, and now I'm thinking of getting an XML D36. From what I can tell, sounds like the XRE will still have a little more throw, but because of the mass amount of light coming from the XML it isn't that much shorter, while obviously giving much more spill and light. Is this right, or does the XRE still throw quite a bit farther? I'm also curious if you have redone a Solor Force Pro 1 head with an XML, and if so, what were the results. Thanks!
    Hi Kevin

Since you realize that the spill on the XML is more I myself think that the XML in a smooth D36 throws as far as a XRE, it simply doesn't have the pencil thin beam tunnel like beam. I have been quite pleased with the distance it will cover with the larger reflector.

No i have not modded a solarforce pro, I have not been modding lights in awhile.

Dave

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10131415161718192021222324 LastLast