LA Police Gear
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Eyes)

Default Re: D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Ey

Dave, you are gonna make me broke. I haven't even received the D26 module you made for me yet, and here I am ready to order up a D36!

I'm looking at dropping a module into a FM D36 host. Looking for good throw, brightness, and runtime in a single speed regulated driver (thinking 1.4A should give me plenty of runtime with the 26650).

With the smooth reflector, would you suggest the XP-G or the SST=50?

Thanks!

Flashaholic*

Default Re: D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Ey

PM Sent

Flashaholic*

D36 3-mode direct drive sst-50
    SMO refelctor if available now
    please do not thread lock pill

Do you have any "KF5 bin 5B tint 4300k" MC-E's available currently?
    And will those produce ~500lm at 1.4A?

4300k would be ideal for me, and I have my Mags for throw, so I may as well just get an MOP MC-E. It sounds like it will put out around twice as much light as the stock HOLA did, which is good enough, especially for the price.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by electromage View Post
    Do you have any "KF5 bin 5B tint 4300k" MC-E's available currently?
    And will those produce ~500lm at 1.4A?

4300k would be ideal for me, and I have my Mags for throw, so I may as well just get an MOP MC-E. It sounds like it will put out around twice as much light as the stock HOLA did, which is good enough, especially for the price.

Matt
    Hi Matt

I do have just a couple left. If ran at 1.4 amps then you are looking to run at 7 volts correct. To run at 1.4 amps I would need to wire 2s2p and then you should get that many lumen.
    If running at 6 volts then we need to run direct drive or at 2.5 or 2.8 amps depending on levels wanted if any.

The 7 to 14 volt method is one level only.

thanks

Dave

I'll be running either 2x 17500 or 3xCR123.

So I'll take one 4300k MC-E, MOP reflector, single mode 7-18V driver.

PM incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by nailbender View Post
    Hi All
    I now have Smooth D36 modules, the quality is great and they make for a nice beam for those of you that like smooth reflectors.
    Hi Dave I sent you a PM but it must have been missed can I buy just this reflector for my previous purchased MOP drop in?
    If so how much.
    Thanks Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Hi Dave I sent you a PM but it must have been missed can I buy just this reflector for my previous purchased MOP drop in?
    If so how much.
    Thanks Norm

Hi Norm

I will PM you I must have missed it plus I did not get all returned from yesterday.

These were a prototype run and I really don't have enough to sell just reflectors. Until I can get a better supply I won't be able to sell just reflectors.

Spring festival is going on so it will be end of the month before much moves very quickly.

Dave

Hi Norm
    These were a prototype run and I really don't have enough to sell just reflectors. Until I can get a better supply I won't be able to sell just reflectors.
    Dave
    Thanks Dave understand
    Norm

Hey Dave,

Per or PM's, I'd be interested in a D36 drop in with SMO reflector, XPG, 3 mode, 3.6-8.4V

Please PM price and paypal. Thanks!

mike

Quote Originally Posted by swrdply400mrelay View Post
    Hey Dave,

Per or PM's, I'd be interested in a D36 drop in with SMO reflector, XPG, 3 mode, 3.6-8.4V

Please PM price and paypal. Thanks!

mike

Hi Mike

PM replied

Dave

Hi Dave,

I got the XP-G 1.4A single speed with smooth reflector in today, and coincidentally got my D36 platform in from FM as well! Battery measured in at 4.2V, so I put everything together, and got it fired up. Just about what I was expecting out of that package, and great for its intended purpose. Thanks!

Now I just need to figure out what to put in the next module! I'm thinking the SST-50 would make for a stellar all around beam with this setup!

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by BigHonu View Post
    Hi Dave,

I got the XP-G 1.4A single speed with smooth reflector in today, and coincidentally got my D36 platform in from FM as well! Battery measured in at 4.2V, so I put everything together, and got it fired up. Just about what I was expecting out of that package, and great for its intended purpose. Thanks!

Now I just need to figure out what to put in the next module! I'm thinking the SST-50 would make for a stellar all around beam with this setup!

Thanks again!
    Hi

If you mean SST 50 in a D36 then they look real good in the new smooth modules. If give a distinct hotspot. It is different as it shows more of the cream color around the edge of the hotspot while the hotspot is white. Overall a nice beam profile.

I was impressed with the XPG in the D36 smooth. I was afraid there would be the dreaded Cree rings but I thought it looked good.
    It also looks good in a smooth D26 with a tight hotspot.

Thanks

Dave

i got the drop-in today. very nice!

thanks, as usual

Quote Originally Posted by ptolemy View Post
    i got the drop-in today. very nice!

thanks, as usual

Great I know you will enjoy it. Thanks for your support.

Have a good weekend

dave

oops, I forgot to add my post here:

D36 SST-50 Smooth reflector 2.5A Regulated 3 level low/med/high
    PP sent 2/11

Thanks!

Dave,
    Got the drop-in this evening. KILLER! Hotspot is about 2/3rds the size of the P60 counterpart, but much brighter and concentrated. Great outdoor light!

I will warranty that you can use it in your gun, you run over it and it is yours to hang on the wall

Dave
    I finally got out to the range with it last weekend and fired a few deer slugs with no ill effects to the SST50 D36 module - hurray!

--Max_Power
    "What that thing needs, is more power." - Tim Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
    I finally got out to the range with it last weekend and fired a few deer slugs with no ill effects to the SST50 D36 module - hurray!

--Max_Power

Hi Max

That is great, I had no doubts. If it can take a deer slug it will take them all.
    I roll up a sweat shirt for my shoulder when I am shooting my sabo slugs at the range because of the recoil so if they take that they are good to go.

Thanks for the report.

Dave

for TWO:

1 Level SST-50 drop-in for Z46 bezel
    OP reflector
    Regulated & Premium bin

Thanks!
    Last edited by signal 13; 02-23-2010 at 12:20 PM. Reason: added OP reflector

Quote Originally Posted by signal 13 View Post
    for TWO:

1 Level SST-50 drop-in for Z46 bezel
    OP reflector
    Regulated & Premium bin

Thanks!

Thank You

Dave

--Max_Power
    I went out to do some night shooting and shot a case of 62gr .223 w/ no problems at all. Not much recoil to deal with there, but the module lit up the entire range, and then some!

Anyone thinking about this module should get it! Brighter and badder than any LED or incan I've used! I'm converting all of my weaponlights to this dropin! Amazing dropin

I know this is unrelated to D36... but do you still make Tower Modules for KT4s?

Quote Originally Posted by signal 13 View Post
    I went out to do some night shooting and shot a case of 62gr .223 w/ no problems at all. Not much recoil to deal with there, but the module lit up the entire range, and then some!

Anyone thinking about this module should get it! Brighter and badder than any LED or incan I've used! I'm converting all of my weaponlights to this dropin! Amazing dropin
    What runtime did you end up with? I assume that you have the direct-drive SST-50 using a pair of CR123 primaries, like mine. The tint is much nicer than cool white, but not as good as my Cree Q3 5A lights.

I am using a SureFire Scout with a Malkoff VME head and M60 emitter on one of my ARs, but I haven't range-tested it yet. It is intended for CQB, which the M60 is just about perfect for.

I notice that the distances inside my modest condo make the sight picture look like a sunrise with most of the sun under the horizon (where the shotgun barrel is the horizon.) As I get further back from the wall/target, I see more of the hot spot. So the sight picture is also a quick method of range estimation!

Max_Power
    "What that thing needs, is more power." - Tim Allen

Flashaholic*

For D36 SST-50 / 3 level / direct drive / smooth reflector / white tint.

What runtime did you end up with? I assume that you have the direct-drive SST-50 using a pair of CR123 primaries, like mine.
    I ran it intermittently throughout the night, but also left it on for quite a while since we were zeroing in pitch darkness. I used it to light up the range while zeroing several rifles. We were out there for a couple of hours and it never went dim. NB told me it should give a 45 min runtime. Mine is a regulated dropin. And I don't know what kinda tint it has, but it's a premium bin SST-50. I just know it freakin rocks.

PPal sent for D36 SST-50, 3 mode, DD w/ MOP

thanks, Dave. i can't wait
    The lights we own end up owning us...
    Best brands: UltraFire, SacredFire, TrustFire, SpiderFire, StarFire, SuperFire, Yes-Pres-Obama-We-would-love-to-refinance-your-country-Fire & Surefire...in that order. But NOT UniqueFire. They can suck it!

Looks like I am in need of another MOP D36 MC-E 1 level

for 1x D36, sst-90, 5700k neutral, SMO, 3 mode DD. 1st class intl.

Sorry, I forgot to put my CPF name in paypal... my email is achim.heiniger@xxxx, transactionID: xxx6762P

Thank you!

Interested in a D36 SST-90

Would you recommend unregulated for use with three 26500's?

How many lumens do you estimate with three 26500's or one 26650?
    Last edited by anonymoususer; 03-13-2010 at 04:37 AM.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast