Debris in Fenix LD20 Head

PsychoPilot

Newly Enlightened
I was a little disappointed to find some debris in the head of the LD20 I just received. Has anyone seen this before?

4879_554452441098_39708940_32790461_1111268_n.jpg

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I seem to have apiece of the same material in mine, too. I don't really mind, it doesn't affect the beam, and (to me) isn't worth sending back. Could Fenix's quality control be better? Yes. Is it worth complaining, sending back, and maybe getting a worse example, no...

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never seen anything like that and I own 5 Fenix lights (and my cousin owns 3). One thing I notice often is black sand-like particle build-up in the threads... looks like anodizing coming off, but the thread and the anodizing seem intact.

choaticwhisper

Enlightened
Yeah I noticed some one my anodizing coming off the threads on a p3d. Also I had what the OP had except it looked black, So I have no idea where it came from. It wouldnt come off the dome of the led. But it wasnt there for the year or so I had the light.

But I just sold the light to a soon to be flashoholic. I let him borrow it for a couple days to try out at home. He just didnt want to give it back. So I let it go for $35 and a extra set of batteries.

apontes

Newly Enlightened
Never seen anything like that and I own 5 Fenix lights (and my cousin owns 3). One thing I notice often is black sand-like particle build-up in the threads... looks like anodizing coming off, but the thread and the anodizing seem intact.

Same here. What would be the best way to clean the threads?

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have something in the head of my P3D Q5, a white speck of something floating around in there. I'm not the original owner, so it may have been opened up before I bought it...it bothered me a little at first, but I don't even think about it most of the time anymore.

Latest posts