Klarus
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Surefire LX2 Pics, Beamshots & Info

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Surefire LX2 Pics, Beamshots & Info

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I would guess they made the change because more efficient LEDs are available. Why wouldn't they make the change? The light is 3 years old, so it's no surprise leds have improved in that time.
    There haven't been any new developments in the XR-E front in a few years, and putting in an XP-E or other newer LED would require a major redesign of the optic or going to a different beam profile (And the beam that the LX2 sports now is one of the 2 big reasons why I love the light, the other being the UI). It's not something I'd expect to have seen any incremental updates for in the last few years. Can't wait for the Ultra version, though. I'm curious if it'll have a tiny M3LT style fresnel lens or something more like the current TIR optic.

Flashaholic

One thing that occurs to me is that the new standard LX2 has a listed high lumen output similar to the ones Sean is seeing with the newer old model. How high has anyone seen an XR-E go as far as lumen output? Maybe Surefire just decided to overdrive the emitter a little, hence the reduction in runtime. Large companies have also been known to buy in bulk to save cost, and take ages to use up supply. Maybe Surefire bought up big 5 years ago, and just used up supply. Maybe the "new" emitters Surefire are using are ones that are three years old. Who knows.

Unfortunately there really needs to be more in the way of sampling done to verify that Sean's LX2 isn't just a freak of nature. And since the new LX2 Ultra is due for release this year, I doubt we will find many interested in purchasing a new current model just to find out.

Unenlightened

I have been debating for over a year now whether to get this light or not; with the new LX2 ultra coming out soon my decision is now made even harder

I purchased my LX2 at a steal of a price of only $60.00 brand new

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy894509 View Post
    where did you buy it?

so this is still being shipped with the XR-E right?
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy894509 View Post
    Wow, It's a very good price, where did you get it!???
    even I'm waiting for new LX2 500lm version, but, my LX2 200lm version is make me satisfy already.
    anyway, really good price, I will get another one, if I got this price offer.