Will SF ever make a p60 in a low output format?

Azreal911

Enlightened
I'm not sure if this has ever been asked but has surefire ever make a p60 lamp module with a low output lamp that would give us 2-3 hrs runtime like the e2e's incandescent low output option. It's for me G2 and I'd really like one for camping on one set of batteries and don't want to bother with a led in there (that's what my LGI is for!) cause led's don't have the same throw of even a cheap incandescent unless it's a 5 watter but then the long runtime i want is gone. If there's no option i'm gonna have to try solder a bi pin type bulb onto it when i eventually blow my p60 module. any good bi pins that runs 6V's out there? needs long legs also cause i looked at the module and it runs pretty long. changing on the field would be hard so i'd have to solder a spare one too!

hideo

Enlightened
I'd also be interested in any CPFer stories on replacing the bulb in shot P60 modules since it seems like a nice unit to toss . . . anyone put an Led in one?

hideo

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Will SF ever make a p60 in a low output format

I would love a low output ~35 lumen LA version of the p60. There have been a couple people on ebay that have sold LS conversions based on a 1W HD pugged into a p60 and direct driven, but I don't think any of our modders have offered one.

A green/cyan 1w SE dropped into a p60 and direct driven would be very very cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic

For what it's worth, my opinion is that SureFire have moved on from the "Classic" or "Standard" body models. I very much doubt they will be refined further in terms of additional incandescent bulbs.

We have seen that SureFire have a dedicated Outdoorsman with a long runtime incandescent bulb for those who want it.

If you consider the direction SureFire are going, I believe they don't feel the need to make more lamp assemblies for the G2 (etc).

Al

Azreal911

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
revolvergeek said:
I would love a low output ~35 lumen LA version of the p60. There have been a couple people on ebay that have sold LS conversions based on a 1W HD pugged into a p60 and direct driven, but I don't think any of our modders have offered one.

A green/cyan 1w SE dropped into a p60 and direct driven would be very very cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i guess they wouldn't waste much time on that since they don't cater these lights to the camper and outdoors market. but i guess the best option would be to go for a KL3 luxeon head if i want long runtimes on my G2. at least it looks nice! but i'm still gonna try radio shack they might have some weird 4.8V bi pins for all we know! nothing a soldering iron can't fix! and keep the KL3 as the backup if i blow the bulb out in the wilderness. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif