Storacell
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Professional's Favorite 20 Million Plus Candlepower Spotlight

Default Re: New Professional's Favorite 20 Million Plus Candlepower Spotlight

Yah...that low beam is a puker, for sure. Not well thought-out, that. As crummy as it is, the LEDs almost would look better...almost.

Charles

haha, yeah, awesome unit for the money, but low beam is terrible. The beam and artifacts are so ugly that for a second I thought it was broken.

anyway, I've played with mine a bit, so here's some fyi..

I cycled the battery several times w/ bantam bcdxII. If I drain to 12V she'll take ~5500ma, not bad imo, but...runtime on high is pretty short. I won't be going much over 15min (continuous use) because I want to get some life out of the battery.

a couple tweaks for more light - I took the bezel off and clipped the supports for the leds with end cutters, so that they protrude through their 'reflector' farther. noticeable difference in spill but maybe not worth the hassle for most people.

Next I bent the bulb retaining spring a bit. It was too loose. Now it is snug enough for me to align it and reassemble/use the light w/o it moving. Hotspot got noticeably more concentric.

I also squeezed the two little curved ears on the bulb housing with pliers. That just made them flat. I didn't change the angle at all. That 1 or 2 mm made a BIG difference - much more focused.

If you think about tweaking yours, experiment first. I would expect that the amount and direction of adjustment will vary between lights...

Does anyone know a replacement battery for this thing with a decent capacity? Please? I don't like a half hour runtime. Perhaps bundle a couple of 18650 together? or AA batteries?

Thanks!

I just picked one up for $35 at Advance Auto Parts. $59.99 plus cotter pin (as cart filler) + $25 off a $60 purchase = WIN

I'm going to be putting a 75W ballast and 75W 4300K HID Bulb in it
    Last edited by Rezolution; 06-21-2011 at 11:11 AM.

I have this same light and actually the pictures here don't do it justice.

I took this one just awhile ago at 60yds. This is just about how it looks in real life.

Nice beamshots!

I saw this light last time in advance auto parts, but it has been there for a couple of years already, as a little kid I've seen it, before I was a flashaholic

Unenlightened

Wink2 Re: New Professional's Favorite 20 Million Plus Candlepower Spotlight

First just to let everyone know, I am a newbie to this forum, that being said:

I hope somebody still has a working PF 20+ MCP beam as I was using mine and the whole rotatable lens cover came off and pulled the led wires out of where they are soldered in the base of the unit AND also the white wire from the lens/bulb section.

My question is "Where do the red and white wires attach on the base unit (the part that has the switches and battery) from the LED wire If anybody can provide a pic of the inside connection I would be in great debt. I have had this unit for years and love it when I am burning twigs and branches that are constantly falliung from my 2 acre lot in Haymarket VA. I love the LEDs because they last forrever and give of enough light to iluuminate the brush pile to throw into my burn barrels. I am also thinking of upgrading the bulb with a SS H4 or maybe a HID. Just found the forum and hope I don't post innappropriately or in the wrong fourum. Thanks for any replies.

i tried to embed a pic but don't know how yet. I have pics of both the USb/12V Power Port circuit board AND the Switch Assembly circuit board of my PF 20+MCP where the wires pulled off. Not sure which side they came from.

Thansk Again!
    Last edited by Norm; 04-24-2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Remove over size quote

Hey there,

If you are on the computer, you have to upload them first to a hosting site, I use imageshack. Don't worry, that happened to me as well whenI tried to post the pictures for a review lots of good people here

After that, you copy and paste them to here.

Alternatively, if you have an Ipod, you can get tapatalk, or if you're cheap like me, jailbreak it and get it for free, then use the post picture and take the picture from your saved images and tapatalk will do it for you

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ttmax View Post
    I hope somebody still has a working PF 20+ MCP beam as I was using mine and the whole rotatable lens cover came off and pulled the led wires out of where they are soldered in the base of the unit AND also the white wire from the lens/bulb section.

Afraid this is the best I can do for you (from the previous re-badged version)

My modest collection HERE & 55w HID spotlight project HERE

Anyone taken one of these and put a 100/170W H4 Halogen or a 100w 4300k HID in it? Which would put out more light?

Rule of thumb - Watt for Watt, HID outputs 3 times that of Incandescent. 100 Watt HID system would equal 300 Watt Incan. However, many "100 Watt ballasts" output 80 to 85 Watts so real world comparison is closer to 100 Watt HID system = about 250 Watt Incan. Still more than the 170 watt Incan bulb. Yes, there are some of these or similar large spotlights that have been modded with 100 Watt systems.
    WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 500 Watt X-500-14s, 500 Watt Starburst, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam & Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, LarryK14@52V

When anyone got their light was it already charged? or was it completely dead? I ask because the box looked to be opened and damaged like it was a return. Just want to make sure I got a fresh new light. I'm trying to distinguish between the "dim" partially charged light that is supposed to be from the factory charge or the result of a charged unit.
    Last edited by Digital; 06-25-2012 at 02:51 PM.

I have seen a unit or two of these at autozone or something like that, and they were collecting A TON of dust, I even thought of telling them to give it to me for like $20, because the battery would have been dead by now

It's a great light for the price but it's limitations are size and battery life. I bought one of these 2-3 years ago because I need a powerful spotlight for my property. I ended up not using it much because it's too large and cumbersome to use and the battery didn't last very long after a full charge. I now carry a TK41 or an ST20 which although are not quite as bright, can fit in my pocket and the batteries last much longer.

Cheers

Well I ordered 2 of these Monsters from Advance Auto last night, one to keep stock and one to use for a HID mod! I'll just be using them for play.

FJRick
    Last edited by Norm; 06-26-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FJRick View Post
    Well I ordered 2 of these Monsters from Advance Auto last night, one to keep stock and one to use for a HID mod! I'll just be using them for play.

FJRick

Did you get the 20% online discount?

Yeah, did you?

Has anyone found a good place to buy replacement bulbs for these?? I cant manage to find them anywhere and advance was of no help.
    Can this light handle a bigger bulb, like a 100/170?? this unit is always plugged in via cigarrete lighter when ever in use so battery shouldnt be of an issue. But can the internals handle the bigger buld?

Unenlightened

I just found one of these at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. It doesn't have the AC charger with it. What is the transformed voltage it's designed to charge with?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234