New Professional's Favorite 20 Million Plus Candlepower Spotlight

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I just bought this light from Advance Auto Parts. It is one of the most powerful spotlights I have ever held, and to my knowledge is very likely to be the new longest throwing Incandescent spotlight on the market. I am very pleased with it!

This light uses a 12V 120W/60W H4 Halogen bulb, and a 12V 7ah SLA battery. It comes with both AC and DC adaptors. It also has LED lights on the bezel that can be activated with a different switch than the one that controls the main beam.

I will post beamshots of it tonight if it is not raining. Here are some pictures I took of the light itself.

8newi.jpg

8newiii.jpg

10newi.jpg

10newii.jpg

8newii-1.jpg

10newiii.jpg

Last edited:

SilentK

Enlightened
WOW! That thing is a brute. I see that it says on the box, that it has a usb power port. Do that mean you can charge things like your ipod or cell phone from the light, or does it mean that you get to leave it hooked up to your computer for a week to get it to charge. :grin2:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
WOW! That thing is a brute. I see that it says on the box, that it has a usb power port. Do that mean you can charge things like your ipod or cell phone from the light, or does it mean that you get to leave it hooked up to your computer for a week to get it to charge. :grin2:

I somehow misplaced the instruction booklet it came with. I will try to find it as soon as possible and post any information it gives about the USB port. :)

Mod it with a brighter HID bulb / ballast?

It would be the perfect candidate for an HID modification. The reflector is incredibly smooth and deep, and is around 9'' wide.

Must be dark in USA by now.:poke::cool:

Yes, I used this light a lot tonight and I was amazed! Its beam is about as tightly collimated as it gets for large Incan spotlights, and has a small pinpoint hotspot.

Here are a couple beamshots I took tonight comparing it to the Mega Illuminator. They didn't turn out very well, but I will take more tomorrow night and get higher quality ones. :grin2:

The target ree is around 60 yards away, and the lights are aimed at the top.

AmondoTech Titanium Mega Illuminator:
88megai.jpg

Pro's Favorite 20 Million Plus Candlepower:
88megaii.jpg

Patriot

Flashaholic
That's quite the main battle tank you have there. The beamshots are a bit unrevealing but thanks for taking the time to try anyhow. IIRC, the old pro's favorite had a slightly OP'd reflector and stil threw well. I can see why this would throw even better.

Team Member

Enlightened
:faint:

Now that´s a big one!!

I know from my own experience that for every 1 good light that I find there is 4 bad ones..
And you BB seems to find a wide variety of useful lights... Sooo, how many lights do have in your closet....?

And I really like your threads :thumbsup:

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm... looks just like their 'old' 17.5MCP spotlight with the exception of the LED/bezel design ;)

If you've still got your old 17.5MCP a head-to-head shootout would be interesting :D

DM51

Flashaholic
It certainly looks the part. Are the black chunky protective bits made of heavy-duty rubber, or plastic?

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
It certainly looks the part. Are the black chunky protective bits made of heavy-duty rubber, or plastic?

Hello DM51! Thanks for your reply. :)

All the black parts of the light such as the bezel ring, handle and parts of the body are heavy duty rubber. The only parts of it that are plastic are the lighter grey parts of the body, and the the plastic housing behind the bezel.

That's quite the main battle tank you have there. The beamshots are a bit unrevealing but thanks for taking the time to try anyhow. IIRC, the old pro's favorite had a slightly OP'd reflector and stil threw well. I can see why this would throw even better.

LOL Patriot, it sure is. :laughing:

Very good observation about the reflector. The old 17.5mcp version had an OP reflector, whereas this one is just as smooth as the one in my Thor 15mcp. I do believe the new 20+mcp version out throws the 17.5mcp. The new 20+mcp easily out throws the 15mcp Thor.

Hmmm... looks just like their 'old' 17.5MCP spotlight with the exception of the LED/bezel design ;)

If you've still got your old 17.5MCP a head-to-head shootout would be interesting :D

Yes, the two lights are very similar. I consider the SMO reflector to be the biggest improvement over the old 17.5mcp. :thumbsup: My old 17.5mcp still works just great and I will include it in my beamshots tonight.

:faint:

Now that´s a big one!!

I know from my own experience that for every 1 good light that I find there is 4 bad ones..
And you BB seems to find a wide variety of useful lights... Sooo, how many lights do have in your closet....?

And I really like your threads :thumbsup:

Thanks Team Member!

It is a huge light. The front of it including the bezel with the LED lights is wider in diameter than that of the Mega Illuminator/Costco HID.

I don't keep track of the exact number of lights I have, but I believe it is over 60.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
BB, did you mainly buy that for its modding capability, because it seems the Amondo is spanking it quite handily. :whoopin:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm thinking,

........new Lips, finned 84+ watt ballast and DL50 Fatboy. Ya know you want to. :naughty::popcorn:

Even though it's huge, I do think the host is pretty tough looking, in a cool sort-a way.

Unrelated random though: The tinfoil hat smiley reminds me of the classic WWI doughboy :tinfoil: True tinfoil hat characters should have a twisted point as seen in the movie Signs. End of strange thought process...:p

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Patriot thanks pretty much what I want to do with my Ti-Mega.

9000bulb lumens in a 9"+ reflector :devil::faint:

just looking @ BB pics, I can see more spill from the Amondo on that tree. Best to try get a bit more exposure.

Last edited:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
BB, did you mainly buy that for its modding capability, because it seems the Amondo is spanking it quite handily. :whoopin:

Hello LuxLuthor!

Correct. The Mega Illuminator is a large amount brighter than the 20+mcp spotlight, and has a much brighter corona.

I am going to do extensive throw testing between these two lights tonight.

I bought the 20+mcp mainly because it was the most powerful Incandescent spotlight I had ever seen, and I love Incandescent spotlights. I strongly believe the new 20+mcp will easily spank a stock 100W Halogen LightForce SL240 Blitz or stock 100W Collins Dynamics Magnum in throw. :)

I'm thinking,

........new Lips, finned 84+ watt ballast and DL50 Fatboy. Ya know you want to. :naughty::popcorn:

Even though it's huge, I do think the host is pretty tough looking, in a cool sort-a way.

+1, this would be an amazing mod! Imagine the laser like beam it would give with that HID configuration, considering what a superb reflector it has.

Unrelated random though: The tinfoil hat smiley reminds me of the classic WWI doughboy :tinfoil: True tinfoil hat characters should have a twisted point as seen in the movie Signs. End of strange thought process...:p

yellowlaugh.gif

just looking @ BB pics, I can see more spill from the Amondo on that tree. Best to try get a bit more exposure.

I promise that the pics I take tonight will be much better than the last ones, and should really show the difference between the 20+mcp and Mega Illuminator. :thumbsup:

Showolf

Newly Enlightened
Fantastic review as always BB! :thumbsup:

This spotlight is awesome looking, and that reflector is beautiful! I bet the throw is just insane... I definitely have to have one of these, and can't wait to see what it can do at the beach. Really looking forward to those new beamshots...........................

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the two lights are very similar. I consider the SMO reflector to be the biggest improvement over the old 17.5mcp. :thumbsup: My old 17.5mcp still works just great and I will include it in my beamshots tonight.

The 17.5 MCP version available here looks to have an identically textured reflector to the newer Professional's Favourite release (see below)... I think the USB power port & LED area lights are a nice additional option though! :D

reflectorcomparo.jpg

Looking forward to those head-to-head beamshots :thumbsup:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
The 17.5 MCP version available here looks to have an identically textured reflector to the newer Professional's Favourite release (see below)... I think the USB power port & LED area lights are a nice additional option though! :D

Looking forward to those head-to-head beamshots :thumbsup:

I really like your side by side comparison M@elstrom. Their reflectors do look very similar in texture. :thumbsup:

Fantastic review as always BB! :thumbsup:

This spotlight is awesome looking, and that reflector is beautiful! I bet the throw is just insane... I definitely have to have one of these, and can't wait to see what it can do at the beach. Really looking forward to those new beamshots...........................

Thank you Showolf!

I took beamshots last night, but unfortunately only 2 of them turned out well. I am going to take some more tonight, and I promise a direct comparison between the old 17.5MCP and new 20+MCP.

I did that throw testing between the Pro's Favorite 20+MCP and Mega Illuminator. I shined them at some trees 200+ yards away, and they were close but I could tell the Mega Illuminator was putting a tighter and brighter spot on them.

I really love my Mega Illuminator, and I don't think I will ever get a light that matches it in throw. Likewise, I don't know of any other Halogen spotlight that would match the new 20+MCP in throw.

SilentK, I found the instruction manual to the 20+MCP. It states that the USB port can charge/operate most items that use a standard USB cable, and that it has a 500mA maximum. Also, the lower rocker switch that controls the LED lights on the front has to be switched into the backward position to activate the USB port.

Here are the two beamshots that turned out well. The lights are aimed at the top of a tree a little over 30 yards away. The first one is the Mega Illuminator, and the second one is the PF 20+MCP.

cii.jpg

ci.jpg

Guitarzan

Newly Enlightened
I just looked at this new light at Advance Auto Parts. It's a MONSTER of a light! :caution: The only thing that kept me from buying one is the weight. Not sure what the weight is but it's a little too heavy for what I'd use it for. Still, it's VERY cool!

Patriot

Flashaholic
Here are the two beamshots that turned out well. The lights are aimed at the top of a tree a little over 30 yards away. The first one is the Mega Illuminator, and the second one is the PF 20+MCP.

cii.jpg

ci.jpg

Is that correct that the top one is the Ti Mega...or it is the other way around? Just curious since the lower picture seems to have the tighter hotspot and cooler beam.