Anyone else buy one of these?

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "Super Strong Lithium Flashlight" on ebay, ebay item

Obviously a very loball 6P knockoff. I could not help it at that price. Actually it is exceptional for the value. The bulb is a flange type without recommendation. No beam shots, it will make you ill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif However I think a P60 will fit inside it with little effort. Quality is above what I'd expect for $15. It is a hefty chunk of aluminum. The tail cap is not water tight but probably dunk drizzle resistant. It does not lock out either. More like a E origianl series.

Note the instructions show an older 6P lamp assembly and light. and there is a fuzzzy combat light on the front of the hang card. Looks like it was scanned straight from a catalog. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

With little effort I think it is mod material.

emann

Newly Enlightened
On a similar note does anyone know anything about the generic 6P looking light offered in the newest Cheaper Then Dirt sales brochure? It states in it that the light is brighter then a SureFire (Though it fails to name which kind). I think it ran about $30 or so.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks exactly like mine. Brighter than an E1. Brighter corona than a P60 LA. Visually about the same hot spot as a P60 LA once you have focused it to a semi coherent hot spot. Smooth reflector probably imparts more aparent brightness. A P60 LA won't fit without turning the OD of the head down and scraping the contact ledge in the light for the ground spring. But it should fit.

My 6P is about 3X brighter in the hot spot according to my meter.