CR123 - How often do you change them?

pahl

Enlightened
I have to use a rechargeable flashlight at work because I would be buying batteries every other day for it if not everyday.

So I use a Surefire 8NX at work (appliance repair and refrigeration)as my main flashlight and my EDC is going to be the Surefire G2. I have not had the G2 long enough to know how often I will have to change the batteries, but If I have to replace them once a week that would be ok with me.

So the question is for the people who use a EDC light that takes the CR123 batteries. How often do you have to replace the CR123 batteries in your EDC light?

Thanks,

B@rt

Flashaholic
An 8NX for close up work? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You should try a BB or MM sandwich from dat2zip , coupled with a McFlood reflector in either a MiniMag or Brinkmann if you want to use AA's, or, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif, buy McLux parts for an awsome flashlight... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

btw, Have you ever concidered using 1/5 A NiMH's?
Whistler's Rechargeable 123 Batteries site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i usually replace the batteries in my C2 once every few months, because i stopped using it as often since i got my arc LSH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif batteries cycled from my C2 are usually put in my arc LSH to completely drain them.

pahl

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
B@rt said:
An 8NX for close up work? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif [/b][/i]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I love it. The brighter the better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I can just turn it on, lay it on the floor next to what every I'm working on and I can see everything. Unlike my AA mag that you have to point at the spot your are looking at to see anything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You should try a BB or MM sandwich from dat2zip , coupled with a McFlood reflector in either a MiniMag or Brinkmann if you want to use AA's, or, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif, buy McLux parts for an awsome flashlight... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

btw, Have you ever concidered using 1/5 A NiMH's?
Whistler's Rechargeable 123 Batteries site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was checking the site out last night. Interesting, I may try it one day.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EDC typically consists of an ARC LSH-P, and a Surefire E2e, have been carrying and using them for 2-3 months now, but since they don't get a lot of use, they still have the original batteries in them.

I use a yellow SF G2 out in my shop when working on our cars, and typically use it 15-30 minutes a week, and the batteries usually get changed every 3-4 weeks.

-Keith

ChrisA

Enlightened
I mostly use rechargeables in my EDC lights. I have a X5 (original design w/o tailswitch) and a 6P in the car for emergency/backup and I change the 123s every 6 months even if they're not used.

Chris

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
When incandescents are too dim with 123's, I put 3 of them in a UBH and run a KL1. After use in this application I occasionally measure remaining output. When an individual 123 shows as equivalent to a weak 1.5 V cell under 160 mA load on my old RS analog dial battery tester, I toss the cell.