¥ô¦ó: (²Ä1-12 ´Á)
1 - 4¥» ¨C¥»HK$20
5 - 8¥» ¨C¥»HK$18
9-12¥» ¨C¥»HK$15
·s¥Z²Ä13,14,15,16,17,18¡K.´Á
¨C¥»­ì»ù$35 ¯S»ù$30

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for updating. Yes, a very interesting concept -- first I have seen of it. The lens evidently is made with a varying diameter of curvature. From a google search, I found this the most descriptive:

http://www.canon.com/technology/optics/aspherical_lens/content.html

I'm waiting for Flashlightlens.com to stock these. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Seriously, it looks like we'll have to wait for a bulb-lens assembly -- can't make the lens without knowing the geometry with respect to bulb.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of those. Curiously enough, I`m planning to finally write its review this weekend. Only a bite-sized, but it should be enough. Very individual light.

I wouldn`t call it a "perfect" beam. Interesting, cetrtainly. Unique, definately. Round, exactly. But not perfect. It has no peripheral light outside of that picture of the moon it projects, so leads to "tunnel vision" and injured ankles.

Certainly has its uses but, at least in the case of the 125 model that I have, isn`t built to survive much of anything. I`d hesitate to say they`re proof-of-concept lights more than anything.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris,

Thanks for weighing in. I'm looking forward to your review. I would be interested in a quantitative measure of this light's throw -- i.e., at a long distance of, say 100 feet, what the diameter of the spot is.

Paul

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I`m not sure I can do a hundred feet, and I`m not sure the Docter 125 will shine a hundred feet, but this one was taken at ten feet, against a common household object that we all have and are familiar with!

tolietdocter.jpg

The round beam isn`t perfectly even accross the circle, it`s brighter in the middle, accentuated by the camera. It doesn`t really pick up the edge of the beam. The actual diameter has to be about 5-6 feet at that distance. It`s quite a broad spread, not a huge lot of throw to it.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, another toilet shot. Is that the same one I saw in a post a few weeks ago? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks Chris. It tells me what I want to know.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
<font color="800080">Is that the same one I saw in a post a few weeks ago?</font>

Probably. I did a whole bunch one September evening a couple years ago, comparing larger LED lights and some inscandescents too. Did about 12 different ones in all. Search the archives for "toliet testing" (pay attention to the badly spelled Toliet) and you`ll find it.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shrap

Enlightened
I test flashlights out in the bathroom too. There's just too much ambient light everywhere in the house to see beam inperfections, relative brightness. etc.

Although people start to wonder why I go into darkened bathrooms.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've got one of those Doctor Aspherilux 125 flashlights too. My review is probably not finished, and I don't think I used a toliet as a test target, but I do remember running it through the ProMetric and shooting it at the usual test target.

Go here if you're interested.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Luminous Intensity chart says a lot. That's a nice beam pattern for such a small reflector. I look forward to whatever else you might publish on this light.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Docter Aspherilux 125 from a fellow CPFer a few months back, and I have to say in all honesty that I REALLY like it. You have to see this light for what it is. It's not supposed to be a "tactical light" that can withstand all kinds of abuse and environmental obstacles. It was initially designed to be a photographer's light that's supposed to provide smooth, even illumination. It does this extremely well. I did a review when I first got mine from vcal some months back. I have acquired almost 100 lights since becoming a CPFer, and as far as my incandescent lights are concerned, my Docter Aspherilux 125 has a beam that rivals ANY of my other lights when it comes to smoothness and intensity. While it may not be the most "robust" of my lights, the amount and quality of light that it puts out not only rivals, but exceeds many other light in it's class. The Docter Aspherilux 125 isn't a "Tac light", it's a "specialty light"...and a very good one at that1

pjd

mastershake

Newly Enlightened
I use an aspheric lens with one of my led flashlight mods and it throws the smoothest tightest beam I have ever seen! The thing is they are hard to make, Oriel Optics can make one for you if you don't mind the high cost.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Anybody who knows the 125 S ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

doc125s.jpg

Rechargeable and made out of aluminum... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Sounds promising. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif