Ra (Defective) Clicky - Cheers Henry!!

Aepoc

Enlightened
Hello All,

I am just wondering how many other people have experienced a defective tailcap, or button on your Ra Clicky. I have had mine for about three months now and have already replaced the lens... now its time for the tailcap.

When I first bought the light, I noticed that I could twist it on, rather than click. I thought this was a feature of the light so I didn't think anything of it. A few weeks ago, I noticed that the clicky doesn't recognize every click. I have tried to deal with it for as long as possible, but it is progressively getting worse. Now its very difficult to access the ultra low, and almost impossible to access the customization menu.

I know this will be fixed, but my question is how long will it take. It is the middle of the summer here in upstate NY, and we only get about two months of good flashlight weather. I am worried that If I send my light out now, I won't get it back until the summer is over. Henry is a busy guy and I am worried that his suspected Ti line will take precedence over fixing my light.

I know there are others out there with defective tailcaps... please tell your story here. How long did it take to fix? How did you contact Henry? Did you have to pay for shipping or buy a new tailcap?

Last edited:

callmaster

Enlightened
Re: Ra (Defective) Clicky

You're in the US, won't take long to get it back. Why would you twist your clicky on? The tail cap will have to be changed. Email Henry for a solution. Either he sends you something, or you send the light back. Depends.

Email him, check the website for contact details. You'll pay for shipping back.

I've got a defective tailcap for my 140CEgt and Henry has no issues fixing it. Just gotta send it back, it was a design flaw for the old versions. The new one has no issues as far as I can tell.

Best to contact Henry directly for a solution.

Aepoc

Enlightened

I emailed Henry the day that I was sure of the problem. I have been waiting about three days now for his reply. Perhaps hes out of town or something, because he usually responds right away. I also tried calling, with no answer. I guess its just a waiting game...

I hope it doesn't cost much to ship it because I am out of work! I am an unemployed engineer with no unemployment, or other means of income. I make about -$1000 monthly because of school loans, my cell, and my vehicle... I just applied to Wall Mart... maybe they've got an engineering position for me!

Thanks for your reply! Who else? There's gotta be more out there!

Last edited:

callmaster

Enlightened

Perhaps he is a little busy, I haven't had issues contacting him yet. Last reply was a few days ago.

But I got an answer a day after.

-$1000? That's gotta hurt. I hope you find employment soon.

Shipping shouldn't cost too much if you're in the States. Cost him bout $15 to ship from his place to CT and probably to the rest of the states. Unless you want it to arrive the next day, if not. Shouldn't cost too much.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was experiencing some missed clicks on my tailcap and Henry responded to me within a couple of days when I e-mailed him. He asked me to e-mail him my address and he sent me a new tailcap asking me to send the old one to him once I received the new one. It took a bit over a week for the new tailcap to get to me but since you're in the States it should be faster. If you are sure it's just the tailcap then maybe he can do the same for you. I also had a problem with my 18650 tube for my Twisty which Henry also took care of fairly promptly. Overall I have had excellent customer service from Ra and from Henry himself.

Aepoc

Enlightened

I have had very good experiences with Henry in the past as well. When a mark appeared on my lens, Henry sent a new one in a couple of days. Like with your situation he requested that I send the old one back, which took me longer then I would have liked(due to my financial troubles).

I'm sure he'll be in touch soon.

tygger

Enlightened

I thought I read in another thread that occasional missing clicks was a common issue with the Clicky. I know mine doesn't always turn on with the first click. Anyone else?

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast

My clicky started missing the odd click and eventually got worse and worse. Until one day it would allow you to turn the light on but not off! You had to remove the battery tube to switch off the light.

I emailed Henry and within a day he had responded to my email requesting my postal address here in Australia. I had a new tailcap within 8 days. Great service - the light is now operating perfectly.

James...:thumbsup:

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

You could just call Henry too, but be prepared to talk for a while. Every time I call Henry, it's at least a half an hour chatting about this and that. ;)

Definitely a +1 for the quality of his service too. :thumbsup:

Aepoc

Enlightened

I thought I read in another thread that occasional missing clicks was a common issue with the Clicky. I know mine doesn't always turn on with the first click. Anyone else?

I know that if you try to turn the light on at the exact time the locater beacon is flashing then it won't turn on... This is not my problem. The tailcap is defective. I can twist my clicky on, which is not a feature of the light. I am also having dificulty switching between levels and especially accessing the customization menu. It is also getting worse with respect to time...

Aepoc

Enlightened

Sometimes it takes 4 or 5 clicks to turn it on! Also, when I shake the light, I notice somehitng small rattling around in the tailcap...

fairway1

Newly Enlightened

I had an issue with my tailcap. I rec'd a new one from Henry within three days of my email to him.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast

You could just call Henry too, but be prepared to talk for a while. Every time I call Henry, it's at least a half an hour chatting about this and that. ;)

Definitely a +1 for the quality of his service too. :thumbsup:

I agree. +1 Too much jibba jabba... let's get to the source of the problem already! If I need a lesson on how my eyes adjust to light I can google it or read a book on it... sheesh! :tired:

Aepoc

Enlightened

I guess I'm just wondering why I haven't heard a reply from Henry yet. I tend to be a little impatient at times. I wonder if he would have sent out a replacement tailcap without responding to my email...

Thank you guys for the support

Aepoc

Enlightened

Henry isn't answering his phone either... perhaps he's across the country at a top secret flashlight meeting regarding the Ra Ti Line!

Aepoc

Enlightened

Problem Solved!

Henry called me back today, just as I was checking my mail! Apparently I haven't been receiving all of my emails (the google kids need to get their act together). My perceived lack of response led to somewhat of a panic on my part, but after a great educational phone conversation with a fellow flashaholic (Henry) I am all smiles. While on the phone with Henry, I got the new tailcap in the mail, and he made sure that I was satisfied before ending our conversation.

Little more than 3 days after I voiced the problem, it is solved! My new clicky is stronger than ever! Cheers to Henry for creating superior lights supported by unmatched customer service!!

:twothumbs :thumbsup: :clap:

callmaster

Enlightened

Problem Solved!

Henry called me back today, just as I was checking my mail! Apparently I haven't been receiving all of my emails (the google kids need to get their act together). My perceived lack of response led to somewhat of a panic on my part, but after a great educational phone conversation with a fellow flashaholic (Henry) I am all smiles. While on the phone with Henry, I got the new tailcap in the mail, and he made sure that I was satisfied before ending our conversation.

Little more than 3 days after I voiced the problem, it is solved! My new clicky is stronger than ever! Cheers to Henry for creating superior lights supported by unmatched customer service!!

:twothumbs :thumbsup: :clap:

There you go. I hope everyone relaxes a little the next time they have a problem and let Henry say his peace before jumping the gun.

:poke:

Now I need a new tailcap!

Aepoc

Enlightened
The new flush version of the tailcap isn't quite flush, which makes for a difficult tail stand, but its got a nice healthy click and that's all I'm worried about! I was even thinking of getting the raised version...