show us your everday flashlight

junmae

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I thought it'd be cool to see/read about what kinda light people prefer to use for everyday situations like walking dog at night, biking, looking for something in the dark, etc out of their collections.

For me I'd probably have to go with my surefire e2d defender. It's a great small flashlight with plenty enough power. Runtime on HOLA (120 lumens) isn't so bad either :p. Having 76 hours of battery life on LOLA (5 lumens) is perfect for everyday situation. I love it :). I am still to receive my M6 guardian but I think I would still rather carry the e2d only cause its size.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tend to alternate between these two primarily (depends on what clothing):
...and since you said show us your everyday flashlight...

-Robert

AbleArcher

Newly Enlightened
You've never heard of it but we have lots of cows
011a.JPG

The LF5XT is my EDC of choice - a useful beam, good runtime and 5 crazily definable light modes all wrapped up in a really pocketable form factor.

johndoeslo

Newly Enlightened
I usually carry a Lego'd e1b with E2DL tailcap and e1e body. I'd show you but I can't post attachments yet :(

How many posts are required before you can post attachments?

John

AbleArcher

Newly Enlightened
You've never heard of it but we have lots of cows

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
You axed for pics, and this is the only one I have of my EDC Fenix AA Q5 with anti-roll technology (I can never remember the non-intuitive Fenix names) .

It gets rotated with a Fenix 2xAA Q5, and Fenix L0D AAA depending on my mood (I looked in my pocket for the name :)).

july2408007Medium.jpg

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I have three...
Modded 6P - 4th from the right
RC-N3-Q5 - 2nd from the right
H501 - far right

dscn5733.jpg

dscn0274bd7.jpg

dscn0265wx9.jpg

Last edited:

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
everyday i walk at night with the inlaws or go out myself jogging
so either the mag1dasph or a riverrock asph depending on what weight to carry.

junmae

Newly Enlightened
I tend to alternate between these two primarily (depends on what clothing):
...and since you said show us your everyday flashlight...

-Robert

Yeah i'm sorry. I shouldve wrote, "show us/tell us"
I will get pics of mine soon though :)

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
Among other things, here's the knife and lights

• My MCE'd L4 is too bright for most occasions, but its good to have:grin2:
  • The HO-E1R is a power-saving lamp that I find very useful around the house/campus/work/recreation, gets the job done and doesn't eat though batteries as with the EO-E1R
  • Red Gerber Infinity is perfect for most outdoor nights, enough light to illuminate whatever it is your looking at, unobtrusive of your vision or anyone around you.
  • Zebralight H50 very nice light to use at night [if you are alone], medium is just right for navigation and runtime is quite long, occasionally I set it to high and walk around. I find it to be a decent light to simulate the "wall of light" effect in light fog.
The 10700 Naraga is the newest edition to the benchmade red class. I find it to be a very stylish design. It doesn't look tactical, nor are there any serrations and blends in whether it be black khakis, dress pants, or the everyday shorts. Quickly deployed, silently tucked away.

I figured if I need to do cutting, I have a few cheaper cabelas knives I could dull with:D

AusKipper

Enlightened
None of these torches are anywhere near scratched up enough to be everyday torches :p

Now if only I had a camera and could show you my TK10 after 18 months in the pocket (aka the wars..)

Illum

Flashaholic
everyday torches doesn't necessarily mean it has to be dragged around in the dirt to justify for it...

It does get covered in grease alot though:whistle:

junmae

Newly Enlightened
ok i'm sorry it took a while but here it is :)...
IMG_0719.jpg

My failure attempt of trying to be artsy :p (left: e2d defender right: brinkman)

Yes, not everyday use but my most powerful (4,100 lumens) wicked laser torch :). Just like to show it off :p

Last edited:

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
My edc varies either my McLux PD or my SF L1 or NiteCore Smart PD D20. Once I get my Wolf Eyes Champion that will go into my edc rotation.

Last edited: