Thread: What would your dream EDC set-up be?

Enlightened

Default What would your dream EDC set-up be?

I would just like to know your guys "dream" EDC set-up.

Mine, would be a Surefire E2D Defender in holster, sig 226 in holster (9mm), 125 mw laser in dragoncase (for non-lethal defense), and a benchmade griptilian folding knife Just as simple as it is, I would be very happy indeed.

Default Re: What would your dream EDC set-up be?

McGizmo LS20, Surefire LX2, Glock 36, Kershaw ZT 0301 all traveling in an H1 HMMWV(HUMMVE) with a 4 inch lift and 38's

Enlightened

HAHA forgot the ride...Dodge 09 ram for me Or Tundra will do too :P

I'm still trying to figure this out. I'm thinking it would be a SF LX2 or A2L (depending on how throwy the A2L ends up being) clipped to my right pocket, a rotating knife clipped to another right pocket, a Benchmade 941 clipped to my left pocket, and a Leatherman Charge Ti and Benchmade 710HSSR on my belt (along with an assortment of other things in my pockets).

At the moment I have an L1 and C2/M60/FM34 on my belt instead of the LX2/A2L in my pocket. It's a good setup, though I'd like to be able to go a bit lighter.

10 million lumen wall of light the size of a E1B, with 5 hour runtime and second stage of the switch being strobe of the same brightness.

....hey you did say dream........

MY EDC: JETBEAM M1X - it replaced 8 other lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushman5 View Post
    10 million lumen wall of light the size of a E1B, with 5 hour runtime and second stage of the switch being strobe of the same brightness.

....hey you did say dream........

Well that he did, and you only asked for a 5 hour runtime?

Quite a few threads on this already........... No disrespect intended.
    Reality is usually scoffed at and illusion is usually king. But in the battle for survival of western civilization it will be reality and not illusion or delusion that determines what the future will bring.

Flashaholic*

This is my dream EDC set-up with integrated attachment mechanism. But I guess Sir Richard Branson thought of it first...

http://windydevil.com/kiteboarding/w...supermodel.png

My dream EDC set up would be a Flamed Lenslight flashlight (around 500 lumens) with Strider and Starlingear logos on it, with a nice Lisa's Picks custom Chris Reeve Sebenza, and a Rick Hinderer Tactical flamed Titanium Pen. Man do i dream about this EDC. One day...

Harrier.

An incandescent A2 with FM bi-pin adapter & one of Calipsoli's multi level 5mm LED driver rings, I already have the A2+FM adapter

Although an LED upgraded U2 Ultra (18650 capable) could change my mind... maybe... a little... we'll see...
    My modest collection HERE & 55w HID spotlight project HERE

One of them Hummer shake lights!

Cool Re: What would your dream EDC set-up be?

Chris Reeve Sebenza, with a blade made of active nano-materials that can emulate an edge radius thinner than a proton and repair itself if I do something silly.

Surefire's original Optimus design, with a 99.98% efficient LED, and a high-beam competitive with an average 35 watt HID at full burn; while lithium batteries store 1.3 megajoules per kilogram, hydrogen is rocking 123 MJ/kg. Perhaps a fuel cell fed on metallic hydrogen would be a suitable power source, since you can't throttle down isotopes.

A matched pair of skull-guns stashed inside my cheekbones, and buckytubes woven into my skin, muscles, and bones.

I can't really see why I need a lighter, but a little soldering torch would serve the same function and help patch up the sort of repair that makes nice things stop working these days.

And a Leatherman Squirt EL.
    Last edited by Chrontius; 05-23-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Flashaholic

- Adjustable light sabre which can be adjusted and functioning from 4 inch blade up to 10 inch chopper.
    - Powerbank for recharging all watch, mobile phone, flashlight, GPS, which is charged from either body heat, sun, or body movement.
    - Mobile phone with clear goggle and at the size of current bluetooth headset.

Don't know whether it will be achieved in my lifetime or not.

3" long, 1" diameter, infinitely variable between 0.001 and 10,000 lumens. 3500K, 100CRI, buried programmable flashy modes. Titanium. 100 hours runtime on high. Instantly rechargeable. Flood to throw adjustable with zero beam distortion at any point. Waterproof to 100m. Fire proof. Shock proof. Crush proof.

Custom titanium handle speedsafe flipper, s30v blade knife. 3.5" blade.

The marriage of a McGizmo Haiku and an LS20 as so:

A Haiku body and head, with a LS20 reflector/array, warmer Nichia's for flood, a Nichia High CRI 219 for the main emitter. Standard McClicky with 3 levels, but level 1 would be the flood, then levels 2 and 3 would be equal to the level 1 on a Haiku then whatever the maximum safe drive level on high for lighting the center emitter and perhaps the flood emitters also.

One can dream....

Oh, I'd just keep carrying my Hinderer 3 inch XM flipper...

McG Haiku with Nichia 219. Runs on AA/14500. More spaced out 3 modes (eg very low).

A Surfire A2L head, with red xpe around a Nuetral XML with a forward clicke to go back and forth between emitters and an infinitely variable control ring. Running on two cr123 or an 18650. That'd be awesome
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x