Fenix TK12

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to start this thread one hour ago but got busy haha

I think it looks ok.
I much prefer the TK11 though.

The pocket clip would be a cool addition.

I think the peak of the design was the TK11 though.
They are just going to start getting to complex with modes and other stuff now.

I also like the larger flat sides on the TK11.
And the lack of 18650 support :(
When I first saw it i was hoping to be blown away like I was with the TK11 :(

More pics and info here

EDIT - Just found more info further down on OP's link lol

Last edited:

Toaster

Enlightened
Looks like Fenix decided to roll back the clock and take away the 18650 support and smooth reflector. So what we're left with is basically a TK10 with a couple of different predefined operating modes slapped on. Color me unimpressed :shakehead

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
should try a "P3D" but running on an 18650
(+ lower low)
instead of another tactical model

:(

tango44

Enlightened
No thank you, very happy and very simple interfase with the TK10 and TK11, no needs of complication here.

bodhran

Enlightened
I usually like checking out what Fenix is coming up with next. This light didn't do anything for me. :sigh:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a TK10 with 225 Lumen, nice OP rflector, nice beam, solid as a tank. Then I got a TK11, 240 Lumen (R2), SMO reflector, a tank of light, good throw. Both lights look somwhat similar although there are differenes, the TK11 wins the contest and is the ugliest.

Now I am surprised to see a light that looks like the 10 and 11 exchanged some parts. The clip, which I never use but mounted on my 10 is probably the greatest inovation here. 225 Lumen out of a Q5? 3 different modes? Wow... :ironic:

Fenix, do you want to loose your customers? I'm waiting for the EagleTac T20C2, the REALLY have an UI innovation by keeping it as simple as it always was, but adding strobe and Low for those who want them. They put a Q4 in it that offers 270 neutral white Lumen, that's the little difrence that makes me wanna buy, even it it looks like a copy of the Oligt M20... :thumbsup:

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
The UI of the TK12 is too complicated. That or they described it too complicating.

Is it going to be a multi-mode through the tailcap? Where you twist the bezel to go into the three modes, then cycle the tailcap for the different options in each mode.

Or is the tailcap going to only momentary and constant one option and the bezel controls every mode and option?

I'm lost. I rather just not care.

youreacrab

Enlightened
from what i can tell, it looks like an interesting UI. its like 3 lights in one. the only complication is that you just have to choose which UI you want first (complicated twisting). then once thats set, you have any of three 2-level setups:

hi-med
med-low
hi-low

not great for on the fly access to any level, but a good set-and-forget for purpose-specific use. better viewed as a way to get rid of a mode you don't think you'd use. i.e. if you were camping you might want to ditch the 225lumens setting. and if its a daytime use, you may have no need for a low.

Last edited:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
low lows good, stoped me from buying the TK11, i understand the UI but CBA.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Don't understand why it has to be so complicated. Seems to be an awful lot of head twisting just to switch between two or three brightness levels.

There's gotta be an easier way . . .

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm kind of liking the UI, it's like the Quark Tactical, except instead of programming the UI like you do with the Quarks, the Fenix has preset modes, which depending on if you feel that the Fenix 3 different presets are to your liking, might be a simpler UI to a simple but advanced 2 moder compared to the same head twists and then choosing the levels and waiting 10 seconds like you do with the Quarks. When I first saw the Tac Quark's UI I thought of a bunch of different combinations and the TK12's different modes were kind of similar to what I'd choose for each given situation, except Fenix's hunting would be more of a roadside emergency mode and camping would be 50 and 5 lumens, but I agree with the outdoor mode.

Those beamshots look like they have a nice clean beam, too bad they don't come in warm tints though. I wonder if perhaps the Tac Quarks may have given Fenix the inspiration for this light?

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm kind of liking the UI, it's like the Quark Tactical, except instead of programming the UI like you do with the Quarks, the Fenix has preset modes, which depending on if you feel that the Fenix 3 different presets are to your liking, might be a simpler UI to a simple but advanced 2 moder compared to the same head twists and then choosing the levels and waiting 10 seconds like you do with the Quarks. When I first saw the Tac Quark's UI I thought of a bunch of different combinations and the TK12's different modes were kind of similar to what I'd choose for each given situation, except Fenix's hunting would be more of a roadside emergency mode and camping would be 50 and 5 lumens, but I agree with the outdoor mode.

Those beamshots look like they have a nice clean beam, too bad they don't come in warm tints though. I wonder if perhaps the Tac Quarks may have given Fenix the inspiration for this light?

In some of the beamshot photos, it almost doesn't even look like a TK12... unless the person has TINY hands

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
i think the UI on this is fine..its not that hard at all..rapid twisting of the head to switch the modes, and two switch from A to B you just tighten or loosen.

this is sorta like..a 3 in one flashlight...