SAK Lockblades

o0o

Enlightened
I have every model of SAK One-Hand lockblade made, I love them. The ease of opening the blades, and the safety of a locking blade IMO sells itself.

Question: Why doens't SAK make a compact One-Hand Lockblade. Something that is actually EDC'able without a holster? (I cannot comfortably feet these in a jean pocket... I have to use a holster).

Is it very hard to make a durable compact lockblade multitooL? One the size of a Leatherman C302 would be very handy.

Marduke

Flashaholic
The philosophy is different for them. They had a hard enough time swallowing the pill of making civilian one-hand models, and would not even be doing so now if the German military hadn't have requested it to start with. Vic was EXTREMELY reluctant to make civilian models with the same one-hand blade. They are also extremely reluctant to offer more models with clips for the same reason. Both features are illegal in so many countries, where their basic knives are legal in almost all countries.

A smaller (more concealable) one-hand knife would be seem as more of a possible weapon than a large multi-tool knife.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Thank you, Marduke, for that information and insight.

That explains a lot.

:thumbsup:

_