Olight
Page 1 of 42 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Hybrid View

Popcorn What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

We are Flashaholics. Let's face it, out of all our lights, we will really only use a maximum of 3 of them, and the rest will just collect dust. Why do we add to our collection? Are we bored? Want to out-do the co-worker? Are we explorers? Do you feel you have to catch up with today's current bulb? Or do we just need a new toy?

I'll start and say the last flashlight I had purchased was the Ra Twisty 85-TR. I love the quality that Ra offers. I purchased the light because of the red low. Also for the durability. But the main reason I jumped on this light is because it is discontinued, and I do not want to say "what if" in the future. This light would classify as one of my toys, but a very dependable toy at that. Whether I need to use it as a kubaton or use it as a backup to my QAA on 14500.

What is your reason? Excuse? lol
    Last edited by CaNo; 09-15-2011 at 03:46 AM.

Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

The last one I bought was a Soloarforce L2M. I'm very fond of the L2's in general, and though I don't EDC them I tend to use them a lot around the house.

Well, that's actually the last one I bought and recieved. I'm waiting for an SS Ultrafire C3 because... someone said they're cool. I was ordering my son a new laser, and where's the fun in padded envelope arriving with nothing in it for me?!
    "The profoundly wise do not declaim against superficial knowledge in others, as much as the profoundly ignorant."

Blue Maglite 2D LED from Lowe's about 45 min ago. It was still on Black Friday special plus I had a 10% coupon. So it was $13.47. Not too shabby. I got it to complement my 2D LED Dark Gray and Black Maglites; so now I have a trilogy of them.
    Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Smile Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
    The last one I bought was a Soloarforce L2M. I'm very fond of the L2's in general, and though I don't EDC them I tend to use them a lot around the house.

Well, that's actually the last one I bought and recieved. I'm waiting for an SS Ultrafire C3 because... someone said they're cool. I was ordering my son a new laser, and where's the fun in padded envelope arriving with nothing in it for me?!
    I just brought a Fenix LD22. I have a LD01 and was looking for more power & found it on sale for $44.95. So far very happy with it.

just got my TN31 and T10 last night. WOW is why I bought it, LOL.

This thing THROWS
    Catapult V2 XM-L, ITP-E50, ITP-A3 EOS, TerraLux 220, JetBeam PA-40W, Thrunite TN31 & T10

Last one I *received* was my foursevens Mini-ML XP-G2, to replace a Fenix E15 on my keychain (the Mini-ML is brighter and has a little better throw). In the mail, I have a Nitecore MT2A and an EC1. Also a whole boatload of AA Eneloops, obviously.
    Current EDC: Eagletac D25C Clicky, Foursevens Mini-ML XP-G2. The rest of the collection: Fenix E15, Fenix LD20, Fenix TK41. Nitecore MT2A, Foursevens Quark Tactical QTA. EagleTac T20C2 Mark II, XM-L Neutral White. Oh - and a whole bunch of Eneloops and CR123As.

From the age of 8, when my dad brought home a 4D an 3C maglite (he had ordered a large amount for his security personnel at the airport) I always had one in my hand, and along with that came the nickname of "Torch Boy"

Then early this year researching some form of upgrade for the maglite (after purchasing a 2AA mag thinking it was the bees knees), I came accross the Fenix TK11 and then CPF...

I think enough is said.

I found my calling that I have been searching for, for the last 12 years

My last purchase was a couple of hours ago, a Surefire U2 that i just bought because it was super cheap on Ebay
    ... gotta love auctions sometimes!

^^Click for my beamshots!!^^ My Flashlights

Quote Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
    I think half the fun is waiting for it to come in the mail haha!

Quote Originally Posted by DimeRazorback View Post
    From the age of 8, when my dad brought home a 4D an 3C maglite (he had ordered a large amount for his security personnel at the airport) I always had one in my hand, and along with that came the nickname of "Torch Boy"

Then early this year researching some form of upgrade for the maglite (after purchasing a 2AA mag thinking it was the bees knees), I came accross the Fenix TK11 and then CPF...

I think enough is said.

I found my calling that I have been searching for, for the last 12 years

My last purchase was a couple of hours ago, a Surefire U2 that i just bought because it was super cheap on Ebay
    ... gotta love auctions sometimes!
    I've always been fascinated with flashlights ever since I could remember. I always carried a cheapo "Dollar Store" 2D battery between my pillows and light up the glow in the dark stuff in my room or make shadow puppets as a kid lol

I remember when my dad first brought home our 2D Incandescent Maglites and a 2AA Mini Mag... I thought they were the best flashlights the world had to offer! haha And then I came across this forum... and started to think outside of the box. Wow... for 17 years I had that thought in my head haha! I still love maglites don't get me wrong. With the help of some threads, I created my first ROP mod with the 2D Maglite! lol

well the last light i bought was a Quark 2AA, however it was for a buddy of mine so idk if that really counts. I of course had to "make sure it worked" before i gave it to him

the last light that i bought for myself was an olight M30 because i got a killer deal on it in the marketplace and it was my first mce light

Hahaha Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Quote Originally Posted by duboost View Post
    well the last light i bought was a Quark 2AA, however it was for a buddy of mine so idk if that really counts. I of course had to "make sure it worked" before i gave it to him
    Hahaha! I cracked up when I read this im not going to lie! He's lucky to have a buddy like you always looking out for him! haha Do you test for poison in his steaks as well? That's why I hate giving flashlights as gifts... I can't resist not opening it to "make sure it worked" as well lol

LiteFlux LF2XT Q4. This is my first and only flashlight up to now.
    LiteFlux LF2XT Q4 NAT [faulty...]; Preon Stealth Black

Quote Originally Posted by CaNo View Post
    Hahaha! I cracked up when I read this im not going to lie! He's lucky to have a buddy like you always looking out for him! haha Do you test for poison in his steaks as well? That's why I hate giving flashlights as gifts... I can't resist not opening it to "make sure it worked" as well lol
    haha it was actually a going away gift since he's heading off to japan and he'll be living in a rural area and riding his bike everywhere. I thought a quality flashlight may be useful to him since he is not into lights at all. The last time the power went out I realized i had more lights on me than he did in his entire house

I consider it as my duty to open and test it, before I give it to the one who ordered it. Mostly, people order the same lights than I already have, a comparison is a must of course and I choose the head with the best beam and/or tint....... to give away of course!!!!
    My way : From Maglite and drop-ins over Fenix & Co to the real things - Customs and Titaniums!

Guilty as charged. I've played with...er...tested a few lights to make sure they work before gifting them. It's the duty of a flashaholic, right?

Last LED Purchase: SureFire LX2
    Why: Seems to have perfect output levels (15/200), a bezel down capable clip, no knurling to destroy clothing, and [IMO] the best UI in the business.

...unfortunately, my LX2 is still on backorder (3 weeks and counting).

-Robert

Hahaha I have "tried" so many times to gift lights to people......I ALWAYS END UP KEEPING THEM! Haha

I think half the fun is waiting for it to come in the mail haha!

I've always been fascinated with flashlights ever since I could remember. I always carried a cheapo "Dollar Store" 2D battery between my pillows and light up the glow in the dark stuff in my room or make shadow puppets as a kid lol

I remember when my dad first brought home our 2D Incandescent Maglites and a 2AA Mini Mag... I thought they were the best flashlights the world had to offer! haha And then I came across this forum... and started to think outside of the box. Wow... for 17 years I had that thought in my head haha! I still love maglites don't get me wrong. With the help of some threads, I created my first ROP mod with the 2D Maglite! lol
    Actually, after thinking about it for a few hours, my first light was really at about age 5 (thats as far back as i can remember) it was one of those eveready, 4AA torches, that turn into a lantern.

I still have it aswell!

I'll try get a pic of it later!

^^Click for my beamshots!!^^ My Flashlights

Hmm last one I bought was my LX2 but I still havent received it. I do plan to buy a Quark MC-E as soon as their available. And I do use ALL my lights! if they go for more than a week or two without being used they get sold.

Quote Originally Posted by waddup View Post

i just ordered 4 x eo1s

3 gifts and errr 1 for me.
    Something about those little lights... you just want to give them away just to fill that need to buy them yourself... and realize it is very painful to let them go to the person you are giving it too lol

Quote Originally Posted by Henk_Lu View Post
    I consider it as my duty to open and test it, before I give it to the one who ordered it. Mostly, people order the same lights than I already have, a comparison is a must of course and I choose the head with the best beam and/or tint....... to give away of course!!!!
    Haha Evil! But I am guilty for this as well! haha Gotta make sure I got the one with the best knurling as well (you forgot that one on ur list)!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
    Guilty as charged. I've played with...er...tested a few lights to make sure they work before gifting them. It's the duty of a flashaholic, right?
    Yes it makes us better people...

Quote Originally Posted by DimeRazorback View Post
    Actually, after thinking about it for a few hours, my first light was really at about age 5 (thats as far back as i can remember) it was one of those eveready, 4AA torches, that turn into a lantern.

I still have it aswell!

I'll try get a pic of it later!
    Pls do! I wish I still had mine as well! That light was always there when I needed it! Especially when I hear the boogeyman in the closet or under my bed!

Flashaholic*

Surefire LX2 form the marketplace... just because I have to see what all the fuss is about.

I actually am thinking of selling all my current lights (LX2 included) and going back to basics -- RA 170 Tactical for EDC, Quark AA (or 2AA) for travel, Strion LED rechargeable for general house/emergency light.

Well, that's pretty basic for a flashaholic
    LX2 - QuarkAA - L2P/XPG - H501w - MagLEDs galore - Former E1B/E2DL/6P/120P/D10/L2D/L1D/M3/DMini/McGizmo owner (love the Marketplace)

My lastest light was a headlamp. I chose the DiNotte 400L with headlamp strap. I wanted a headlamp that, for the money, would be well-suited for nighttime hiking in winter. I still have plenty of time to test it out when it is warm. if i make a mistake, i won't die so quickly.
    I like flashlights for a few reasons. i like gadgets, i like the night and i have no wife or kids to eat up my income. i also have no other income-eating hobbies.

my lights:

Fenix L0D, L1D,L2D, P2D, P3D, TK40
    Lumapower D-mini w/. 2xAA tube
    Lumapower MRV SK
    4D Maglight with 140-lumen lamp upgrade
    Rayovac 300-lumen lantern
    Rayovac 3C 140-lumen light
    Coleman Exponent 3xCR123 Lantern
    Coleman Exponent 4xAA Lantern
    Glo-Toob Lithium (Blue)
    Eagletac M2CX4
    Power on Board 3000-lumen spotlight
    DiNotte 400L headlamp
    Princeton Tec Apex
    Exetech data-logging light meter
    Numerous chargers
    Numerous AW and Eagletac 18650 and 16340 cells
    Several dozen Sanyo 2700 NiMH batteries as well as Eneloops
    ~150 Energizer lithium AA batteries
    ~60 CR123 (Rayovac, Tenergy, Titanium, Duracell, and Energizer)

Quote Originally Posted by vio765 View Post
    My lastest light was a headlamp. I chose the DiNotte 400L with headlamp strap. I wanted a headlamp that, for the money, would be well-suited for nighttime hiking in winter. I still have plenty of time to test it out when it is warm. if i make a mistake, i won't die so quickly.
    I like flashlights for a few reasons. i like gadgets, i like the night and i have no wife or kids to eat up my income. i also have no other income-eating hobbies.

my lights:

Fenix L0D, L1D,L2D, P2D, P3D, TK40
    Lumapower D-mini w/. 2xAA tube
    Lumapower MRV SK
    4D Maglight with 140-lumen lamp upgrade
    Rayovac 300-lumen lantern
    Rayovac 3C 140-lumen light
    Coleman Exponent 3xCR123 Lantern
    Coleman Exponent 4xAA Lantern
    Glo-Toob Lithium (Blue)
    Eagletac M2CX4
    Power on Board 3000-lumen spotlight
    DiNotte 400L headlamp
    Princeton Tec Apex
    Exetech data-logging light meter
    Numerous chargers
    Numerous AW and Eagletac 18650 and 16340 cells
    Several dozen Sanyo 2700 NiMH batteries as well as Eneloops
    ~150 Energizer lithium AA batteries
    ~60 CR123 (Rayovac, Tenergy, Titanium, Duracell, and Energizer)
    It's better than drugs right? That is... health wise...
    But from a financial standpoint... I still think the drugs are cheaper haha

quark AAx2 tacitcal neutral white

Because i always wanted something like a fenix with knurling and a pocket clip, and my E2D is just too out of date lumen wise...so this will be my main edc for a while =]

I bought an E2DL, "NRA Defender." It's my first SureFire! I bought it for the reputed quality, the two-levels, the runtime, and because it's really cool!

I found a code on the Internet for 30% off from the NRA Store. NOTE: This E2DL NRA flashlight has the scalloped tailcap as pictured on the SureFire website (I'm thankful, because that's what I wanted). The pic on the NRA Store website incorrectly shows a plain tailcap, like on the former E2D NRA flashlight.

Buttrock Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

i last bought a 18650 L2 with a deereelight r2 and awesome

Just bought a NDI, mainly takes an AA battery with tactical mode.

I bought an E01 because I lost my LD01. The microstream was getting dinged up too much.

I was always using the light on low just to find keyholes and light switches, read in a dark theater or find something that fell under the driver's seat.

Not needed often but when I do need it... and waiting with Cano for a 47's AAA Clicky.
    I got nothing else to say...

Latest light in my posession = Nitecore EX10 SmartPD R2 because I like the size for an EDC. Very easy to use, great UI. Love it!

Latest one the way = EagleTac P20C2 because I always need something new.
    My lights are so bright they have to wear shades

Sunlite Slim2 2xAAA penlight. Reasons: excellent performance, excellent quality, excellent design, excellent beam, excellent value for the price. I didn't have a penlight of any kind before I bought this light.
    "However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -- Stanley Kubrick

SF E1B
    -smaller than my E2DL, easier to EDC
    -better battery economy
    -I wanted it

Enlightened

Last purchased; Malkoff drop-in for 4-6D Mags
    That thing rocks

Next purchase will probably be one of 4sevens' soon-to-be-announced lights...

Page 1 of 42 1234567811 ... LastLast