HDS Systems
Page 1 of 93 123456781151 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Popcorn What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

We are Flashaholics. Let's face it, out of all our lights, we will really only use a maximum of 3 of them, and the rest will just collect dust. Why do we add to our collection? Are we bored? Want to out-do the co-worker? Are we explorers? Do you feel you have to catch up with today's current bulb? Or do we just need a new toy?

I'll start and say the last flashlight I had purchased was the Ra Twisty 85-TR. I love the quality that Ra offers. I purchased the light because of the red low. Also for the durability. But the main reason I jumped on this light is because it is discontinued, and I do not want to say "what if" in the future. This light would classify as one of my toys, but a very dependable toy at that. Whether I need to use it as a kubaton or use it as a backup to my QAA on 14500.

What is your reason? Excuse? lol
    Last edited by CaNo; 09-15-2011 at 01:46 AM.

Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

The last one I bought was a Soloarforce L2M. I'm very fond of the L2's in general, and though I don't EDC them I tend to use them a lot around the house.

Well, that's actually the last one I bought and recieved. I'm waiting for an SS Ultrafire C3 because... someone said they're cool. I was ordering my son a new laser, and where's the fun in padded envelope arriving with nothing in it for me?!
    "The profoundly wise do not declaim against superficial knowledge in others, as much as the profoundly ignorant."

From the age of 8, when my dad brought home a 4D an 3C maglite (he had ordered a large amount for his security personnel at the airport) I always had one in my hand, and along with that came the nickname of "Torch Boy"

Then early this year researching some form of upgrade for the maglite (after purchasing a 2AA mag thinking it was the bees knees), I came accross the Fenix TK11 and then CPF...

I think enough is said.

I found my calling that I have been searching for, for the last 12 years

My last purchase was a couple of hours ago, a Surefire U2 that i just bought because it was super cheap on Ebay
    ... gotta love auctions sometimes!

^^Click for my beamshots!!^^ My Flashlights

Quote Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
    Well, that's actually the last one I bought and recieved. I'm waiting for an SS Ultrafire C3 because... someone said they're cool. I was ordering my son a new laser, and where's the fun in padded envelope arriving with nothing in it for me?!
    I think half the fun is waiting for it to come in the mail haha!

Quote Originally Posted by DimeRazorback View Post
    From the age of 8, when my dad brought home a 4D an 3C maglite (he had ordered a large amount for his security personnel at the airport) I always had one in my hand, and along with that came the nickname of "Torch Boy"

Then early this year researching some form of upgrade for the maglite (after purchasing a 2AA mag thinking it was the bees knees), I came accross the Fenix TK11 and then CPF...

I think enough is said.

I found my calling that I have been searching for, for the last 12 years

My last purchase was a couple of hours ago, a Surefire U2 that i just bought because it was super cheap on Ebay
    ... gotta love auctions sometimes!
    I've always been fascinated with flashlights ever since I could remember. I always carried a cheapo "Dollar Store" 2D battery between my pillows and light up the glow in the dark stuff in my room or make shadow puppets as a kid lol

I remember when my dad first brought home our 2D Incandescent Maglites and a 2AA Mini Mag... I thought they were the best flashlights the world had to offer! haha And then I came across this forum... and started to think outside of the box. Wow... for 17 years I had that thought in my head haha! I still love maglites don't get me wrong. With the help of some threads, I created my first ROP mod with the 2D Maglite! lol

well the last light i bought was a Quark 2AA, however it was for a buddy of mine so idk if that really counts. I of course had to "make sure it worked" before i gave it to him

the last light that i bought for myself was an olight M30 because i got a killer deal on it in the marketplace and it was my first mce light

Hahaha Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Quote Originally Posted by duboost View Post
    well the last light i bought was a Quark 2AA, however it was for a buddy of mine so idk if that really counts. I of course had to "make sure it worked" before i gave it to him
    Hahaha! I cracked up when I read this im not going to lie! He's lucky to have a buddy like you always looking out for him! haha Do you test for poison in his steaks as well? That's why I hate giving flashlights as gifts... I can't resist not opening it to "make sure it worked" as well lol

LiteFlux LF2XT Q4. This is my first and only flashlight up to now.
    LiteFlux LF2XT Q4 NAT [faulty...]; Preon Stealth Black

Quote Originally Posted by CaNo View Post
    Hahaha! I cracked up when I read this im not going to lie! He's lucky to have a buddy like you always looking out for him! haha Do you test for poison in his steaks as well? That's why I hate giving flashlights as gifts... I can't resist not opening it to "make sure it worked" as well lol
    haha it was actually a going away gift since he's heading off to japan and he'll be living in a rural area and riding his bike everywhere. I thought a quality flashlight may be useful to him since he is not into lights at all. The last time the power went out I realized i had more lights on me than he did in his entire house

Quote Originally Posted by HighLumens View Post
    LiteFlux LF2XT Q4. This is my first and only flashlight up to now.
    A flashaholic with strong will-power... This is unheard of! lol

Quote Originally Posted by duboost View Post
    haha it was actually a going away gift since he's heading off to japan and he'll be living in a rural area and riding his bike everywhere. I thought a quality flashlight may be useful to him since he is not into lights at all. The last time the power went out I realized i had more lights on me than he did in his entire house
    This is a clear sign that you have over 10 posts on CPF! haha

The last flashlight I bought was a Surefire U2A.
    When: about half a year ago
    Reasons:
    -mainly the longer runtimes than the U2 I already had.
    -less important, no doughnut hole (which my U2 does have)
    -slightly different beam (not better, just different)
    -appears to be a tiny bit brighter
    -nice lower low than the old style U2

Next flashlight will be a UB3 and/or UA2 if available.
    So that will be at least 5 more months of waiting.
    (Since the UB3 is scheduled for December)

Edit:
    To the OP: it was certainly not my last light. It was the light I most recently bought. I have to be a lot older before I will buy my last light.
    Last edited by iapyx; 07-31-2009 at 04:46 AM. Reason: see edit
    Last edited by DM51; 25 years ago at 11:54 PM. Reason: because I can
    Post your UB3T serial# here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...try&highlight=

Fenix LD01

Why to make a FenixStream Tac pocket light that runs on a AAA battery.
    James
    TigerLight Vers II, ASP Triad, SF Z2, M3, L6, A2, Inova T2,**9-11-01 "Let's Roll"**

Flashaholic

I try to find new flashlight activity's and for that I need new light's.
    Recently bought a Quark 2AA to mount on my helmet for bike riding at night.
    All I need now is a bicycle and a helmet .

Ultrafire RL-2088. Brightest one I found so far with an Osram Ostar that didnt totally break the bank. Feels substantial for sure. I just like it for some odd reason.

Enlightened

The last 2 Fenixes that I bought this week is a Fenix LD01 black (I did not have that yet) and a Fenix LD01 SS (I cannot believe how good this light is, so that I wanted to have a spare!)

I picked up a Surefire L1 as I was finding the E2L and A2 a bit too long for my belt. I kept snagging it getting into the vehicle, etc. I'll be getting the V82 holster soon, right now it's in my pocket with an F04 diffuser on it.

The last one (Maratac AAA) hasn't arrived yet. Before that was the LF2XT. Logic would ask why get another AAA that will never measure up to the LiteFlux? Just for fun, really. At this stage any light purchase is not based on need.

Geoff

Well, the last 3 I've bought haven't arrived yet ( a piece of DX crap, The Maratec AAA, and the yet to be released Fenix headlamp), but the last one I received was my Ra Twisty with 18650 battery tube.

I bought it because I am a caver and wanted a bombproof backup light so when I die of starvation after being trapped for a week underground, the cave rescue unit will be impressed to see that my flashlight is still running strong on the low setting.

SF LX2
    Because, for me, everything about is about as perfect as I can find.
    Next, when available, the LX1 will be the same in one cell, then the A2L for a light with a low level red.
    I am wishing for a SF 1 and 2 cell flood light like the original L4.
    I think that would cover all my bases with updated SF's.

So far, my first and only is a Fenix E01, to hold me over while I try to decide on a regular one.

I got it yesterday, and I was amazed at how bright it was... for only 10 lumens! I'm very interested to see how it compares to the 200+ lumins lights I have to choose from... pictures and video don't do them justice.

Picked up a Quark AA tactical only because it was put out by 4sevens. Other than that I haven't felt the urge to buy anything.
    I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

My last and only high end light to date was three wks ago . Its a Quark AA. I got overwhelmed with all the information on cpf and having already narrowed it down to the Quark AA , Nitecore D10 , and the Lliteflux LF3XT i decided to just jump in and get the new kid on the block. Great light. I plan on getting a couple more lights for truck and house so we'll see what happens. Am waiting on some 14500's and a charger at the moment.

Eiger 10180 SS because I want to replace my keychain light. Also got Eiger 10440 SS in the process to justify paying for international shipping in this order.
    And before that, LF2XT Q4 and R2, MG L-Mini and RX-1 because I WANT them... oh er, and a certain D10 mod if that's considered.
    Last edited by Zeruel; 07-24-2009 at 05:41 AM.

I've been on a bit of a flashlight-buying binge. I bought two Maratac 9290s and a Maratac AAA from Countycomm; they arrived yesterday. One of my 9290's has a flaky clicky switch.

My mom asked me to find her a good flashlight, so I thought that the 9290 would be perfect for her: small, runs on AAs, bright, tough, and variable output with a UI she would be able to use. The second 9290 was for me to play with .

The Maratac AAA is to be a backup EDC.

I've ordered a Quark 123, with the idea that I'd evaluate it to replace my current EDC, a Fenix P2D.

I stash flashlights everywhere, in my laptop bag, in my BOB, in my wife's BOB, in each of the pistol safes, etcetera. When I get a new one I'll replace one that isn't as good, and trickle down until I get to one that I don't want to keep any more. That one I'll give away.

The last one I purchased was a ThruNite TiKey. That thing is really cute, made of titanium, a must have, perhaps my wife will find it cute!

The last ones I got were the Jeteam Raptor RRT-2 and the Nitecore SR3. The Raptor, because it is a better thrower than my best ones until then (M20 SMO & TK11) and the SR3 because of the selection ring which would be a great UI without the strobe issue.

Between the two, I ordered 3 Quarks, a 123 clipless tactical, a 132-2 tactical and then an AA-2, all three because of the neutral white tint. At this time, I neither got these nor the TiKey...
    My way : From Maglite and drop-ins over Fenix & Co to the real things - Customs and Titaniums!

Quote Originally Posted by arcel1t View Post
    I try to find new flashlight activity's and for that I need new light's.
    Recently bought a Quark 2AA to mount on my helmet for bike riding at night.
    All I need now is a bicycle and a helmet .

i just ordered 4 x eo1s

3 gifts and errr 1 for me.
    Last edited by waddup; 07-24-2009 at 05:47 AM.
    If and when the the big dookie hits the fan, and global chaos ensues, i want a couple of quality AA lights within reach.

I consider it as my duty to open and test it, before I give it to the one who ordered it. Mostly, people order the same lights than I already have, a comparison is a must of course and I choose the head with the best beam and/or tint....... to give away of course!!!!
    My way : From Maglite and drop-ins over Fenix & Co to the real things - Customs and Titaniums!

SureFire LX2. Why? Because it is the best light in this class, hands down.

I just purchased a DBS with an MC-E pill. Before that (about six months or so) I bought a DBS with an R2 pill. I wanted two flashlight hosts that were the same so I could interchange the parts if necessary, and bought the 18650 extender tubes for both if i want longer runtime. I wanted the MC-E for the large swath of light, and I like the R2 for the throw. I haven't really had to use them for any emergencies, just around the backyard for the most part. haha.

Guilty as charged. I've played with...er...tested a few lights to make sure they work before gifting them. It's the duty of a flashaholic, right?

Last LED Purchase: SureFire LX2
    Why: Seems to have perfect output levels (15/200), a bezel down capable clip, no knurling to destroy clothing, and [IMO] the best UI in the business.

...unfortunately, my LX2 is still on backorder (3 weeks and counting).

-Robert

I think half the fun is waiting for it to come in the mail haha!

I've always been fascinated with flashlights ever since I could remember. I always carried a cheapo "Dollar Store" 2D battery between my pillows and light up the glow in the dark stuff in my room or make shadow puppets as a kid lol

I remember when my dad first brought home our 2D Incandescent Maglites and a 2AA Mini Mag... I thought they were the best flashlights the world had to offer! haha And then I came across this forum... and started to think outside of the box. Wow... for 17 years I had that thought in my head haha! I still love maglites don't get me wrong. With the help of some threads, I created my first ROP mod with the 2D Maglite! lol
    Actually, after thinking about it for a few hours, my first light was really at about age 5 (thats as far back as i can remember) it was one of those eveready, 4AA torches, that turn into a lantern.

I still have it aswell!

I'll try get a pic of it later!

^^Click for my beamshots!!^^ My Flashlights