Acebeam
Page 5 of 104 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Quote Originally Posted by CaNo View Post
    Haha! Check post #110...
    that's only one welcome.
    Last edited by DM51; 25 years ago at 11:54 PM. Reason: because I can
    Post your UB3T serial# here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...try&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by iapyx View Post
    that's only one welcome.

Last edited by DM51; 25 years ago at 11:54 PM. Reason: because I can
    Post your UB3T serial# here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...try&highlight=

Nitecore Extreme Q5 at the end of May.

Why? I liked the look of it and wanted a simple small pocket EDC light. I chose the ss bezel because I'm not a fan of strike bezels, especially on a light that small. Besides, it looks so much nicer with the smooth stainless steel. I also wanted to use my existing Surefire E-series filters and diffuse which I find handy, plus the head is also E-series compatible which gives me the option of a nice quick dual mode LED conversion for my E1e or E2e bodies. The E2e is bored out for 17670 cells so I can run the Nitecore for much longer. So with just these two I have options for long body, short body, shorter body, one cell, two cell, primaries, rechargeables, LED, incan, lamp variety, bright with shorter run time, less bright with long runtimes, filters, diffusers, single mode, dual mode, customised ramping...!
    All in all the NEX and E-series together makes a very versatile system which should serve me well for a long time.
    Gladius; SF E1e+Veleno 2x E2e+Veleno, G3+9vLED, G2L, 9P+FM34+Z49/HO9/EO9; Fenix L2T, P1DCE, P2DCE, P3DCE, L2DCE, P2D R100, P3D R100, T1 SMO; HDS Rotary; Mini-Mag AA+TLux 5W,Mag 2D+TLux 5W, 6D; LegionII MCE; Nitecore Extrm; Novatac 120P; Solaforce L2+Thurnite XM-L; Zebralight H30-Q5&H60

Surefire A2L... just have to wait for it to arrive.

Previous one was a Surefire U2, and it arrived today!

^^Click for my beamshots!!^^ My Flashlights

I've purchased a Fenix E01. I couldn't resist buying a cheap but durable little light with adequate output.
    Fiat lux!

I purchased a Olight M30 Triton because I wanted to see what a 700 lumen MC-E light could do compared to the Surefire LX2 I had purchased previously. I now have a very good floodlight as well as a decent thrower.

The problem is now I want a powerful thrower as well and I have just seen the video for the MD4 Wildcat that Malkoff Devices are making available again shortly. That will be my next buy and first custom buy. What is CPF doing to me!!!!

Edit: To note I forgot that four Fenix EOI lights arrived this morning in different colours. The reason for getting them is so I can look for things I drop in dark places in public places without scaring members of the public by switching on the M30...
    Last edited by Harry999; 08-04-2009 at 04:47 PM. Reason: To add new flashlights that arrived this morning

Enlightened

Surefire G2L to mount on my shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry999 View Post
    I purchased a Olight M30 Triton because I wanted to see what a 700 lumen MC-E light could do compared to the Surefire LX2 I had purchased previously. I now have a very good floodlight as well as a decent thrower.

The problem is now I want a powerful thrower as well and I have just seen the video for the MD4 Wildcat that Malkoff Devices are making available again shortly. That will be my next buy and first custom buy. What is CPF doing to me!!!!

Edit: To note I forgot that four Fenix EOI lights arrived this morning in different colours. The reason for getting them is so I can look for things I drop in dark places in public places without scaring members of the public by switching on the M30...

How did it do?

I bought the Red Filter cap for my L2D the other day from 4Sevens. It cost me $5 shipped. Since I am so fascinated with the red light coming from my Ra Twisty 85-TR... I am kind of cheating my flashaholic-ism... by telling myself I had bought a brand new light (even though it is just my old Fenix L2D with a Red cap...).... but ssshh!! Don't tell myself that! It makes me better at night... haha!

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    How did it do?
    I tend to have the M30 set to Strobe.

A few months ago I happened to switch on a Surefire E2DL while leaving work just to check it was on. I normally lock out the tail cap if I have kept it in my pocket during the day. One of my colleagues with not a little fear in her voice told me I shouldn't use a powerful flashlight near her because she is an epileptic and subject to fits.

Since that time I tend to use lower lumen lights in public where there are large numbers of people around. I know the chances of an epileptic being around is small but I would feel bad if I scared one by setting off the strobe on the M30. I would feel even worse if I caused that person to suffer a fit!

Besides in these politically correct days it probably better not to attract unnecessary attention with an out of the ordinary flashlight.

My neighbors of course know about my love of flashlights because I am always testing them out in the garden!

Maratac AAA because I've been wanting a very small light that could clip inside my pants pocket. I also wanted a small AAA light with the XP-E emitter. The ability to run 10440's (even though it's against the manufacturer's recommendations for LEGAL reason) is a plus too. Also it's hard to beat for the price.

Hoping to see more AAA lights with the XP-E or XP-G emitters.
    Facebook: Wade Fulp - Follow me on Twitter! @flashlightguy and my main feed @WadeFulp Google+ PROFILE

Faint Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Quote Originally Posted by WadeF View Post
    Maratac AAA because I've been wanting a very small light that could clip inside my pants pocket. I also wanted a small AAA light with the XP-E emitter. The ability to run 10440's (even though it's against the manufacturer's recommendations for LEGAL reason) is a plus too. Also it's hard to beat for the price.

Hoping to see more AAA lights with the XP-E or XP-G emitters.
    Whoa... the Maratac AAA uses an XP-E emitter? Is there anyother AAA lights that use XP-E or XP-G?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. LED View Post
    Maratac AAA XP-E, toy.

I wanted to see the next new nice cheap LED myself. I will play for awhile and then I'll kill it and move on.
    http://countycomm.com/aaa.html

It says that it is XR-E... but on another thread, it said it is XR-E with a XP-E bulb... can anyone confirm this?

I bought a Surefire LX2 and L4 Lumamax, because i like the slim size and wanted one for throw and the other for flood.
    The more you know, the more you know you don't know!

Flashaholic

On a bit of a flashlight feeding frenzy at the moment. I go in cycles.

It was started off by the new Maratac AAA. The minute I saw it, I had to have it. I guess like most people here, I couldn't resist the form factor, multi-mode output and of course, the price.

So once the flashlight fire was stoked I had to feed it and that somehow lead to a Novatac 120P....

That choice was a little more complicated. I've been angling for a Ra Clicky for some time, but after doing some research, I was deterred by three major factors:

1) The lack of a decent clip
    2) The lack of tail-standing ability
    3) The size of the light (seems a little large for an EDC)

So that brought me back to Novatac. I have an 85P and really like it, so it seemed logical to get a 120P. I would have liked a black one but they all seem to be 120T's.

I know there are lots of exciting new lights out there, many costing less than the NT, but doing hours of research just gives me a headache...

That said, I believe my next purchase will most likely be a Nitecore D10 or a Liteflux LF3 XT, as these seem to be very well liked by folks in the know.
    Wolf Eyes Raider 9DX / Surefire L2 / Novatac 85P / HDS 42XR / Peak LED Caribbean brass / Fenix L2D Rebel / Peak LED Matterhorn 3LED HA / Inova X03 / Inova X5 / Fenix E1

my last purchase was a mag aa led. i bought it as a gift for my boss because he kept borrowing my eagletac and wasn't carefull with it. too bad- after about 2 weeks he turned into a jerk

EagleTac M2XC4 Cool. I just wanted too.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0Trunk View Post
    EagleTac M2XC4 Cool. I just wanted too.

I'm jealous I want one too.

http://countycomm.com/aaa.html

It says that it is XR-E... but on another thread, it said it is XR-E with a XP-E bulb... can anyone confirm this?
    haha i quoted myself... but anyways... noone knows?

3 X MARATAC aaa. Why? Shiny toy syndrome.

Got my heart now set on a nitecore D10 too, as well as another couple of fenix lights......
    www.anarkypaintball.com Constantly looking for SHINEY things
    Some people are like slinkys. They have no real good use, but the thought of pushing them down the stairs brings a smile to your face

Popcorn Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Just bought myself a natural LF2XT Q4. Can't wait for it to come! I've always had a thing for small lights with clickies. I am tired of small lights with twisties. And I guess the only small light with a clicky that I can find is the LF2XT. A little pricey, but hey, I heard the juice was worth the squeeze, so we will see.

Was also thinking about the Quark Ti...
    Seems very affordable for a Ti light, plus with the XP-G, that puts the icing on the cake. But my willpower tells me to hold off since i already have a QAA. Plus not knowing how a XP-G will turn out, if there are any glitches, etc... i dont want to go through the hassle of returning it. i know it is limited edition, but hell... show me some beamshots comparing the XP-E and the XP-G and what the light looks like first! And some user feedback would help as well...

I was also thinking the Maratac AAA. Was about to buy the SS version, but held off. I think the pricing on it is very nice since it is an XP-E, but then again its a twisty... ... BORING! I would of only bought the light for the XP-E beam. Which would be a waste since I already bought the LF2XT with its XP-E beam. I may put that money i would have spent on the Maratac AAA ($36 shipped) towards my purchase of the Quark Ti, once someone sheds some light on it, and stops leaving their consumers in the dark (***COUGH DAVID COUGH COUGH***)

Flashaholic

The last one I bought arrived in the post this morning. It was a Tiablo A9 with the extra collimator head.

Why?

Because I wanted a thrower, that's why.

Steve.

Amilite Cuty with both CR123 and CR2.

Just wanted something small with power.

Is shipping and should be here next week

EagleTac T20C2 with RGB kit and tail-standing cap.
    I needed to get a good flashlight to last me 1 or 2+ years haha. My first "real deal" light. 4.5/5 STARS. Almost 5. It is such an awesome little thrower!

Upgraded from a 65 lumen led light, "power bar".

EAGLETAC FTW!
    Fight the Order! Avatar, watermark, and reviews are © Roshal W. 2009
    Upcoming: LumaForce LF1 MC-E 3 mode, EagleTac T20C2, EagleTac M2SC4, Fenix Mount, EZ Mount

Fenix L1D. Why? I have an L2D and like it, but wanted something I could carry in a pocket.

Unenlightened

Maratac AAA Natural... CPF members made me do it! Seriously, everyone stated it is a great little light and they are 100% right.

Quote Originally Posted by 13Lites View Post
    Maratac AAA Natural... CPF members made me do it! Seriously, everyone stated it is a great little light and they are 100% right.

(*pic) lol

Today I got an Fenix TK20 yellow, but it's a birthday present for my father. And somewhere in the post system is my 4Sevens QAA2 Neutral, that one is going to be my new bicycle light.
    I've got more flashlights than I need, but still wants more...and then a few more

Last light I bought was a TK40 week and a half ago, not sure why just had to have it Now I find myself staring at the Quark 123 over and over...hmmm