Elite Flashlights - The Best LED Flashlights, Chargers and Batteries
Page 66 of 100 FirstFirst ... 165659606162636465666768697071727376 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 2983

Thread: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Flashaholic

Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Trustfire 3T6. Because it was £30 including a set of 18650s, charger and postage - effectively a "starter kit" for high-powered lithium torches.

Have to keep an eye on battery voltages as the included 18650s are the dreaded blue Ultrafires, with no protective circuit, and the charger is the standard "dumb" item that gives an open-circuit voltage of 4.26V (on a calibrated Fluke 289) - i.e. has potential to slightly overcharge the battery.

But it all seems to work well and the 3T6 is phenomenally powerful for such a cheap and relatively compact torch!
    Before CPF came along, a "flashaholic" was a man with a collection of trenchcoats and a criminal record...
    QMiniAA neutral/iTP A3 EOS/Trustfire XP-EF23/Black Cat HM01/Akoray K-106 x2/Lenser P4/various Uni-Lites

Flashaholic*

Just got my ThruNite Ti in the mail, and my Malkoff M61. They are both excellent!
    Mag 1D, 2DL, 3DL, 6D hotwire+extension... Fenix E15... Surefire Z2, E1e, 6P, U2 modded with T5 XM-L... Just to name a few

SF UB3T's in the mail. I've loved my original U2 since I got it, and this thing's basically a massive, super-bright U2 so I couldn't pass up an OK deal on a used one.
    Do something alone and it's weird, do it with others and it's a club.

Flashaholic

Last recieved was my Eagletac D25LC2 XM-L. Wow, what a tiny little package of huge amounts of light. For sure my new EDC.

In the mail [come on Battery Junction] will be the Thrunite TN31. I was in the market for a serious thrower, and this is what I came up with via the threads here.

Plus I really like the looks of this light and the ring function looks cool. I can't wait for it to get here.
    Fenix TK35/TK21 U2/PD32/LD12/E01/ Romisen RC-T602/ Klarus XT2C/ EagleTac D25LC2 Clicky, Thrunite TN31. , Olight s10, Eagletac D25LC2 factory mod XP-G2 with 2amp driver. Eagletac D25C Ti XM-L U2, D25C ti XP-G2

Flashaholic

Neutral Quark X 123^2 during the 15% off fathers day sale. Makes a nice quick way to light a room for a few minutes. Can adjust the brightness as needed and its running off Li-Ion.

Flashaholic

Led Lenser X7R
    - its a new design
    - rechargeable with outlet or USB cord
    - regulated
    - multiple settings
    - great warranty

More than just an LED with an Orange Peel Reflector.
    Last edited by utlgoa; 06-28-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Flashaholic

3 x LD25's 1 x E11 this week

LD25's where upgrade to the fenix E21's currently in the family BOB's and the E11 is a trial before i buy more for the family as EDC lights.

moving away from r/cr123 and 18650 to AA based lights for primary AAA for backups.

klarus xt1c, trustfire 3t6, led lenser p3, solarforce L2T

I only just purchased 3 x flashlights after not buying any for around 3 years or so.

Around 2 years ago I lost my Surefire E1L, I reckon my 1 year old at the time threw it in the bin, never to see it again.

Although I had a 1 x CR123 cell Surefire E1B, I always wanted to replace the E1L at some stage as it was my fave light.

Being in law enforcement, I wanted to upgrade my Malkoff enhanced Maglite also as a spotter.

Anyway, I have on the way 3 x lights :

1. Jetbeam PC10 (to replace the E1L)
    2. Jetbeam RRT15 w/extender (primarily for going away use)
    3. Jetbeam BC40 (as a spotter)

Have a charger and 8 x 18650's on the way to run the BC40 and RRT15 w/extender.

Shame the E1L costs so much otherwise I would have purchased a new one. Got a good deal on the RRT15 for under US$100 including delivery to Australia.

Can't wait till they arrive!
    Icon Solo, G2Z M60L - Gunmetal 6P P60L - C2 M60 - E1B - E1L - Black 6P w/R2, Gunmetal 3D Mag w/Malkoff 245L

6x 18650 3100mah AW batts
    5x solar L2P
    5x infrared drop-in

Night photography

The last light I bought was a quark x 123x2. I use a quark x AA2 head on a single AA tube with a 14500 battery or a Fenix pd32 as my EDC light. Well I always grab the quark because I find myself needing the moonlight mode at night so I bought the quark x 123x2 to replace the Fenix.

Skyray King because I wanted a compact wall of light.

I finally saw the new Maglite Pro available here. So I ordered the Maglite Pro to see for myself if this iconic light has really made an improvement this time. I was looking at the Pro+, but the price here is too steep for now (I'll just wait for it to go on sale someday). I've had a MiniMag for well over 15 years and although I now own and use better lights I still like the Maglites because of the good memories.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam - Cato the Elder

Flashaholic*

Jetbeam BC-20 - nice light with nice output and beam profile for those events when you do not want to EDC one of the more expensive lights.
    Surefire E2DL. Always wondered why it seems to be one of the most often quoted, pocketable Surefire lights on CPF. Now I know, even though the bezel teeth are sharper then those on other Surefire lights.

Cheers
    Thorsten

The Maratac AAA Rev2. I love EDCing AAA lights and although they're not the nicest lights on the market, I feel they get the job done when I need them too. I'm gonna wait a little bit to see what the LED manufacturers come up with in terms of power and efficiency before getting a higher-end light...that's my thought today anyway.

Olight i3 EOS (black). I wanted another AAA light to be used as an EDC.

ὁ θεὸς φῶς ἐστιν

Thrunight TN31. I bought it because of it throw and the control ring. Very easy to carry, use, and control.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielight View Post
    Olight i3 EOS (black). I wanted another AAA light to be used as an EDC.
    Ooh, congrats! I bet you're gonna love it. I've been carrying one for the better part of a year and it's excellent. Such a great value and the brightness and battery life are both really high for the form factor.

For me, it's the Sipik SK68 (or a clone; not sure). I wanted a really inexpensive, bang-for-the-buck cheapy light for leaving on my nightstand and this seems like a great choice. If it last even 6 months to a year I'll be happy. Mostly I just want something cheap to goof around with.
    How far that little candle throws its beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world. - WSWW

Flashaholic*

2 E2Ls with KL1 head because I got a smoke'n deal that included a yellow G2!

The last led light that I purchased was a Quark Mini X.

Unenlightened

terralux 220 lightstar - a nice cheap AA handylight, surprisingly bright

The Terralux 220 is a very nice light for the price. I bought one on sale some time ago not expecting much and was very pleasantly surprised when I received it.

My most recent was a used Delghi Iris. I've always liked the way it looks and the quality is top-notch.

2x 18650 3100mah AW batts
    New Pila Charger

Prometheus Alpha BL - Because of the reviews on here, and Jason is so good to deal with, answered any and all questions I had before purchase
    Sunwayman V10R Ti+ - To sit next to my shinny new Alpha and look pretty

Fenix TK41

Jetbeam PA10

I needed to add some power to my small line up.

Not exactly an entire flashlight, but I just purchased an new M31W. Didn't need it, but I just couldn't pass up the clearance price.

Flashaholic

The Apex 5T6. The design initialy caught my eye but after putting this light through it's paces, i.e. camping and at work, I'm very happy with it. Slipping your hand through the handle makes for a comfortable, secure grip. The base provides a stable tail stand. It's not driven too hard which I like but still bright enough for my needs and then some. H/M/L, with memory and no flashing modes which I could do without. I have an number of lights both high end and budget. I don't let price or brand influence my decisions. This light is well worth the money and if something happened to it I would not hesitate buying another.
    Deus Vult

Enlightened

Klarus Xt11, iTP A3 EOS XP-G R5 upgraded model, fenix lD20

I bought the Klarus because my maelstrom G5 crapped out after being dropped too many times at work; I had bought it right when the 2nd version came out and carried it ever since up until 3 weeks ago. The G5 was tough, but dropping it too many times (literally way too many) caused it to start flickering and only the max mode would work. Instead of having it fixed, I just bought a new light. My final decision came down to the maestrom x7 and xt11. I use the light for a tactical purpose/work.

I bought the iTP aaa because it was on sale at $19 and it was too good a deal for a mulit-mode general purpose light.

The fenix I bought because I had the prior L2D model. I had beat the crap out of that L2D and it still works to this day. The toughness of that light made me buy the LD20 as my x2 AA general purpose light.

My first LED light was a Lightwave 2000 I got for my father way back in 2001. It uses tiny 3mm (?) white diodes and was barely brighter than a penlight, though I still like the diffuse glow it gives off. I say it is my first one, because I got it back a few years later when Dad took one of my Peak Pacific lights, which rides in his pocket (and through the washing machine in that pocket) to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonSuperposition View Post
    My first LED light was a Lightwave 2000 I got for my father way back in 2001. It uses tiny 3mm (?) white diodes and was barely brighter than a penlight, though I still like the diffuse glow it gives off. I say it is my first one, because I got it back a few years later when Dad took one of my Peak Pacific lights, which rides in his pocket (and through the washing machine in that pocket) to this day.
    Did you mean to post in this thread instead? Oh wait, you did...
    -- || --

Cree 5xR2 drop-in for a D-cell maglite. I ordered it because I found my OLD 2D maglite and it's obviously worthless in it's current state. Also my current brightest light is only a little over 200 linens and this one "claims" to be 1200 (I'm expecting more like 800-900).

I've already ground down the mag head so the drop-in fits, spent some time today grinding down the drop-in so the lens cover screw on completely. Then it's just soldering a few already and firing her up!

Can't wait to have a new brightest flashlight!