What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are Flashaholics. Let's face it, out of all our lights, we will really only use a maximum of 3 of them, and the rest will just collect dust. Why do we add to our collection? Are we bored? Want to out-do the co-worker? Are we explorers? Do you feel you have to catch up with today's current bulb? Or do we just need a new toy?

I'll start and say the last flashlight I had purchased was the Ra Twisty 85-TR. I love the quality that Ra offers. I purchased the light because of the red low. Also for the durability. But the main reason I jumped on this light is because it is discontinued, and I do not want to say "what if" in the future. This light would classify as one of my toys, but a very dependable toy at that. Whether I need to use it as a kubaton or use it as a backup to my QAA on 14500.

What is your reason? Excuse? lol

Last edited:

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last one I bought was a Soloarforce L2M. I'm very fond of the L2's in general, and though I don't EDC them I tend to use them a lot around the house.

Well, that's actually the last one I bought and recieved. I'm waiting for an SS Ultrafire C3 because... someone said they're cool. :eek: I was ordering my son a new laser, and where's the fun in padded envelope arriving with nothing in it for me?!

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the age of 8, when my dad brought home a 4D an 3C maglite (he had ordered a large amount for his security personnel at the airport) I always had one in my hand, and along with that came the nickname of "Torch Boy"

Then early this year researching some form of upgrade for the maglite (after purchasing a 2AA mag thinking it was the bees knees), I came accross the Fenix TK11 and then CPF...

I think enough is said.

I found my calling that I have been searching for, for the last 12 years :D

:thumbsup:

My last purchase was a couple of hours ago, a Surefire U2 that i just bought because it was super cheap on Ebay :grin2:
... gotta love auctions sometimes!

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, that's actually the last one I bought and recieved. I'm waiting for an SS Ultrafire C3 because... someone said they're cool. :eek: I was ordering my son a new laser, and where's the fun in padded envelope arriving with nothing in it for me?!

I think half the fun is waiting for it to come in the mail haha!

From the age of 8, when my dad brought home a 4D an 3C maglite (he had ordered a large amount for his security personnel at the airport) I always had one in my hand, and along with that came the nickname of "Torch Boy"

Then early this year researching some form of upgrade for the maglite (after purchasing a 2AA mag thinking it was the bees knees), I came accross the Fenix TK11 and then CPF...

I think enough is said.

I found my calling that I have been searching for, for the last 12 years :D

:thumbsup:

My last purchase was a couple of hours ago, a Surefire U2 that i just bought because it was super cheap on Ebay :grin2:
... gotta love auctions sometimes!

I've always been fascinated with flashlights ever since I could remember. I always carried a cheapo "Dollar Store" 2D battery between my pillows and light up the glow in the dark stuff in my room or make shadow puppets as a kid lol

I remember when my dad first brought home our 2D Incandescent Maglites and a 2AA Mini Mag... I thought they were the best flashlights the world had to offer! haha And then I came across this forum... and started to think outside of the box. Wow... for 17 years I had that thought in my head haha! I still love maglites don't get me wrong. With the help of some threads, I created my first ROP mod with the 2D Maglite! lol:nana:

duboost

Enlightened
well the last light i bought was a Quark 2AA, however it was for a buddy of mine so idk if that really counts. I of course had to "make sure it worked" before i gave it to him :sssh:

the last light that i bought for myself was an olight M30 because i got a killer deal on it in the marketplace and it was my first mce light :grin2:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
well the last light i bought was a Quark 2AA, however it was for a buddy of mine so idk if that really counts. I of course had to "make sure it worked" before i gave it to him :sssh:

Hahaha! I cracked up when I read this im not going to lie! He's lucky to have a buddy like you always looking out for him! haha Do you test for poison in his steaks as well? :nana: That's why I hate giving flashlights as gifts... I can't resist not opening it to "make sure it worked" as well lol

duboost

Enlightened
Hahaha! I cracked up when I read this im not going to lie! He's lucky to have a buddy like you always looking out for him! haha Do you test for poison in his steaks as well? :nana: That's why I hate giving flashlights as gifts... I can't resist not opening it to "make sure it worked" as well lol
haha it was actually a going away gift since he's heading off to japan and he'll be living in a rural area and riding his bike everywhere. I thought a quality flashlight may be useful to him since he is not into lights at all. The last time the power went out I realized i had more lights on me than he did in his entire house :crackup:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
LiteFlux LF2XT Q4. This is my first and only flashlight up to now;).

A flashaholic with strong will-power... This is unheard of! :sssh: lol

haha it was actually a going away gift since he's heading off to japan and he'll be living in a rural area and riding his bike everywhere. I thought a quality flashlight may be useful to him since he is not into lights at all. The last time the power went out I realized i had more lights on me than he did in his entire house :crackup:
This is a clear sign that you have over 10 posts on CPF! :party: haha

iapyx

Enlightened
The last flashlight I bought was a Surefire U2A.
When: about half a year ago
Reasons:
-mainly the longer runtimes than the U2 I already had.
-less important, no doughnut hole (which my U2 does have)
-slightly different beam (not better, just different)
-appears to be a tiny bit brighter
-nice lower low than the old style U2

Next flashlight will be a UB3 and/or UA2 if available.
So that will be at least 5 more months of waiting.
(Since the UB3 is scheduled for December)

Edit:
To the OP: it was certainly not my last light. It was the light I most recently bought. I have to be a lot older before I will buy my last light. :)

Last edited:

arcel1t

Newly Enlightened
I try to find new flashlight activity's and for that I need new light's.
Recently bought a Quark 2AA to mount on my helmet for bike riding at night.
All I need now is a bicycle and a helmet :candle:.

Cigarman

Enlightened
Ultrafire RL-2088. Brightest one I found so far with an Osram Ostar that didnt totally break the bank. Feels substantial for sure. I just like it for some odd reason.

Marfenix

Newly Enlightened
The last 2 Fenixes that I bought this week is a Fenix LD01 black (I did not have that yet) and a Fenix LD01 SS (I cannot believe how good this light is, so that I wanted to have a spare!)

computernut

Enlightened
I picked up a Surefire L1 as I was finding the E2L and A2 a bit too long for my belt. I kept snagging it getting into the vehicle, etc. I'll be getting the V82 holster soon, right now it's in my pocket with an F04 diffuser on it.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The last one (Maratac AAA) hasn't arrived yet. Before that was the LF2XT. Logic would ask why get another AAA that will never measure up to the LiteFlux? Just for fun, really. At this stage any light purchase is not based on need.

Geoff

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Well, the last 3 I've bought haven't arrived yet ( a piece of DX crap, The Maratec AAA, and the yet to be released Fenix headlamp), but the last one I received was my Ra Twisty with 18650 battery tube.

I bought it because I am a caver and wanted a bombproof backup light so when I die of starvation after being trapped for a week underground, the cave rescue unit will be impressed to see that my flashlight is still running strong on the low setting. :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Numbers

Enlightened
SF LX2
Because, for me, everything about is about as perfect as I can find.
Next, when available, the LX1 will be the same in one cell, then the A2L for a light with a low level red.
I am wishing for a SF 1 and 2 cell flood light like the original L4.
I think that would cover all my bases with updated SF's.

gpia7r

Newly Enlightened
So far, my first and only is a Fenix E01, to hold me over while I try to decide on a regular one.

I got it yesterday, and I was amazed at how bright it was... for only 10 lumens! I'm very interested to see how it compares to the 200+ lumins lights I have to choose from... pictures and video don't do them justice.

Latest posts