The Fenix-Store
Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891252 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 2794

Thread: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

  1. #31
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,020

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    I just bought my first flashlight in well over a year, and probably the last in another year if nothing breaks. It was a Streamlight Microstream. The reason I bought it is that my wife keeps "borrowing" either my Microstream or Stylus Pro, so now she has her own.
    Lee

    Life is too important to be taken seriously: Oscar Wilde

  2. #32
    Flashaholic* strinq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts
    861

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    The LF2XT. Cuz i really wanted a keychain light.
    Has been superb so far.
    Then it comes to be that the soothing light
    At the end of your tunnel
    Was just a FREIGHT TRAIN coming your way...

  3. #33
    Flashaholic* gsxrac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    USA, VA
    Posts
    946

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    Hmm last one I bought was my LX2 but I still havent received it. I do plan to buy a Quark MC-E as soon as their available. And I do use ALL my lights! if they go for more than a week or two without being used they get sold.

  4. #34
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.
    Posts
    1,469

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    umm.. excuse.. i "need" it/them.
    umm.. reason.. i want it/them.

    umm.. truth.. im a holic.

    hahah

    i agree that i actually get these moments that i need to buy a flashlight. atleast once a month.. i like the anxious wait of mail to arrive. and the giddy feeling when it does.. and unwrapping and testing them how they work.

    *best if i dont remember/am not certain what there is inside the envelope!*worst if i totally forgot that i have bought something

    if i havent gotten any cool mail in couple weeks.. i get nervous.. and go into buying spree.. hahha.

    last that that happened.. i ordered, in middle of the night (when im weakest!) ..
    -sideclicky romisen from dx (gave it to friends dad as thanks for his help on my car)

    -solarforce MCE L2, 18650 extender and L2mini body. (which arrived today! yeay!)

    so reasonings:
    romisen.. yeah, was not for me. so its settled

    solarforce.. wanted the mini body so got the l2m.. then thought about getting mce drop in.. and realised that whatta heck, i can get another host too. then i have one with the normal dropin other with mce. the host with holster and battery was just 20 more than dropin.. so i thought it was worth it. and just as i was logging out i saw the extender for 2*18650s.. and thought..hmm maybe useful for longer runtime.. (didnt think that the mce dropin dont support 2 cells -damit! so that was a mistake purchase)


    1st impressions of solarforce..

    not as nice as my previous one. old one looked like titanium new is more like chrome. dont like it.

    mce was suprisingly weak output. wide hotspot yeah. but not as "awesome" as i imagined it.

    l2mini body..chrome color so it wont look nice on my old head so to use it i need to use the new mce host head and rearcliky..

    rear clicky part.. its different than the previous cliky i had. new one is recessed. old one was protruding. i like the old one better.

    so basically i am bummed about the color. if i knew it would be this much different now i wouldnt of bought them at all!

    and i really dont have a need for the solarforce. like i said im a flashaholic.
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

  5. #35
    Flashaholic* Outdoors Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Land of Spiders
    Posts
    4,865

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
    Guilty as charged. I've played with...er...tested a few lights to make sure they work before gifting them. It's the duty of a flashaholic, right?

    Last LED Purchase: SureFire LX2
    Why: Seems to have perfect output levels (15/200), a bezel down capable clip, no knurling to destroy clothing, and [IMO] the best UI in the business.


    ...unfortunately, my LX2 is still on backorder (3 weeks and counting).

    -Robert
    ...unfortunately, my LX2 is still on backorder (3 weeks and counting).
    eBay is your friend!

  6. #36
    Enlightened TimEggers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tiskilwa IL
    Posts
    32

    Buttrock Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    Fenix E01 because my Mag Solitaire finally died and beside now that I'm here, another Mag just isn't going to cut it.

    What sold me:

    Run time of 1 AAA
    Bulb life and 10 lumen rating
    Lifetime warranty (fenixstore.com)
    Size
    Materials
    Reviews here
    PRICE, all that for $15, hardly a bad choice

  7. #37
    *Flashaholic* Sgt. LED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, Ohio
    Posts
    7,486

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    Maratac AAA XP-E, toy.

    I wanted to see the next new nice cheap LED myself. I will play for awhile and then I'll kill it and move on.

  8. #38

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    MG L-Mini II Extreme R2 (two of them) for my cycling needs.

    Reasons:

    • Size (among the smallest 18650 lights)
    • Good knurling prevents them from sliding in their Twofish mounts
    • Simple 3 modes with no extra crap
    • 18650 provides 2+ hours on high
    • Build quality is good
    • Clickies have a really nice feel
    • Extra clicky included
    Jetbeam Jet-IIIM | Jetbeam Jet-Ti M R2 | Solarforce L2M/L2P/L2T | Solarforce T1 | Quark 123 | Quark Mini CR2 Ti | MagicShine MJ-808E | Fenix P2D Q5 (Lost in North Korea) | Fenix UC40 UE

  9. #39
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    I Just ordered a Solarforce L2M Limited Edition in stainless steel, because I did,nt have a stainless light and wanted one, also because this light is so versatile.And i can polish this one.

  10. #40
    Flashaholic* CaNo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    1,093

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by waddup View Post
    ....


    i just ordered 4 x eo1s

    3 gifts and errr 1 for me.
    Something about those little lights... you just want to give them away just to fill that need to buy them yourself... and realize it is very painful to let them go to the person you are giving it too lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Henk_Lu View Post
    I consider it as my duty to open and test it, before I give it to the one who ordered it. Mostly, people order the same lights than I already have, a comparison is a must of course and I choose the head with the best beam and/or tint....... to give away of course!!!!
    Haha Evil! But I am guilty for this as well! haha Gotta make sure I got the one with the best knurling as well (you forgot that one on ur list)!

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
    Guilty as charged. I've played with...er...tested a few lights to make sure they work before gifting them. It's the duty of a flashaholic, right?
    Yes it makes us better people...

    Quote Originally Posted by DimeRazorback View Post
    Actually, after thinking about it for a few hours, my first light was really at about age 5 (thats as far back as i can remember) it was one of those eveready, 4AA torches, that turn into a lantern.

    I still have it aswell!



    I'll try get a pic of it later!
    Pls do! I wish I still had mine as well! That light was always there when I needed it! Especially when I hear the boogeyman in the closet or under my bed!

  11. #41

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    My lastest light was a headlamp. I chose the DiNotte 400L with headlamp strap. I wanted a headlamp that, for the money, would be well-suited for nighttime hiking in winter. I still have plenty of time to test it out when it is warm. if i make a mistake, i won't die so quickly.
    I like flashlights for a few reasons. i like gadgets, i like the night and i have no wife or kids to eat up my income. i also have no other income-eating hobbies.

    my lights:

    Fenix L0D, L1D,L2D, P2D, P3D, TK40
    Lumapower D-mini w/. 2xAA tube
    Lumapower MRV SK
    4D Maglight with 140-lumen lamp upgrade
    Rayovac 300-lumen lantern
    Rayovac 3C 140-lumen light
    Coleman Exponent 3xCR123 Lantern
    Coleman Exponent 4xAA Lantern
    Glo-Toob Lithium (Blue)
    Eagletac M2CX4
    Power on Board 3000-lumen spotlight
    DiNotte 400L headlamp
    Princeton Tec Apex
    Exetech data-logging light meter
    Numerous chargers
    Numerous AW and Eagletac 18650 and 16340 cells
    Several dozen Sanyo 2700 NiMH batteries as well as Eneloops
    ~150 Energizer lithium AA batteries
    ~60 CR123 (Rayovac, Tenergy, Titanium, Duracell, and Energizer)

  12. #42
    Flashaholic* CaNo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    1,093

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by iapyx View Post
    To the OP: it was certainly not my last light. It was the light I most recently bought. I have to be a lot older before I will buy my last light.
    Haha of course bud! I do mean the most recently purchased, I doubt anyone would post their actual "last light" especially here with all these flashaholics! haha Unless you were hit by a bus of course... but we wouldn't want that to happen!

    Quote Originally Posted by depusm12 View Post
    Fenix LD01

    Why to make a FenixStream Tac pocket light that runs on a AAA battery.
    When I saw the thread on this before, It did spark my curiousity. Let us know how it turns out. Maybe even add a pic or two!

    Quote Originally Posted by arcel1t View Post
    I try to find new flashlight activity's and for that I need new light's.
    Recently bought a Quark 2AA to mount on my helmet for bike riding at night.
    All I need now is a bicycle and a helmet .
    Funny story is... I bought my first high quality flashlight... Fenix L2D Q5 when I first became a member of CPF. And I was like... Now that I have a kick butt flashlight... I need a bicycle to complement the light.. so I bought a Schwinn bike and some TwoFish Lockblocks to strap the L2D on so I could use my flashlight at night. Not for the sake of excersising or enjoying the weather, but to strobe oncoming cars, and see how many street signs I can light up! haha... This was when I realized... I had a problem... lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Turtle View Post
    The last one (Maratac AAA) hasn't arrived yet. Before that was the LF2XT. Logic would ask why get another AAA that will never measure up to the LiteFlux? Just for fun, really. At this stage any light purchase is not based on need.

    Geoff
    Geoff, well done. Spoken like a true professional... flashaholic. I believe after your 4000th post here on CPF... you have reached the "acceptance stage" of y(our) addiction. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Yucca Patrol View Post

    I bought it because I am a caver and wanted a bombproof backup light so when I die of starvation after being trapped for a week underground, the cave rescue unit will be impressed to see that my flashlight is still running strong on the low setting.
    Sadly... I do believe this is your true intention. And sadly I have had many scenarios run in my head like this as well... But then I wake up and realize... that guy who is going to rescue you... will take your flashlight... not cool...

  13. #43
    Flashaholic* CaNo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    1,093

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post
    Picked up a Quark AA tactical only because it was put out by 4sevens. Other than that I haven't felt the urge to buy anything.
    Yet...

    Quote Originally Posted by gsxrac View Post
    Hmm last one I bought was my LX2 but I still havent received it. I do plan to buy a Quark MC-E as soon as their available. And I do use ALL my lights! if they go for more than a week or two without being used they get sold.
    The flashaholic on a budget. I like it! I really gotta take notes from you lol

    Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    umm.. excuse.. i "need" it/them.
    umm.. reason.. i want it/them.

    umm.. truth.. im a holic.

    hahah

    i agree that i actually get these moments that i need to buy a flashlight. atleast once a month.. i like the anxious wait of mail to arrive. and the giddy feeling when it does.. and unwrapping and testing them how they work.

    *best if i dont remember/am not certain what there is inside the envelope!*worst if i totally forgot that i have bought something

    if i havent gotten any cool mail in couple weeks.. i get nervous.. and go into buying spree.. hahha.

    last that that happened.. i ordered, in middle of the night (when im weakest!) ..
    -sideclicky romisen from dx (gave it to friends dad as thanks for his help on my car)

    -solarforce MCE L2, 18650 extender and L2mini body. (which arrived today! yeay!)

    so reasonings:
    romisen.. yeah, was not for me. so its settled

    solarforce.. wanted the mini body so got the l2m.. then thought about getting mce drop in.. and realised that whatta heck, i can get another host too. then i have one with the normal dropin other with mce. the host with holster and battery was just 20 more than dropin.. so i thought it was worth it. and just as i was logging out i saw the extender for 2*18650s.. and thought..hmm maybe useful for longer runtime.. (didnt think that the mce dropin dont support 2 cells -damit! so that was a mistake purchase)


    1st impressions of solarforce..

    not as nice as my previous one. old one looked like titanium new is more like chrome. dont like it.

    mce was suprisingly weak output. wide hotspot yeah. but not as "awesome" as i imagined it.

    l2mini body..chrome color so it wont look nice on my old head so to use it i need to use the new mce host head and rearcliky..

    rear clicky part.. its different than the previous cliky i had. new one is recessed. old one was protruding. i like the old one better.

    so basically i am bummed about the color. if i knew it would be this much different now i wouldnt of bought them at all!

    and i really dont have a need for the solarforce. like i said im a flashaholic.
    I have read through this entire reply... and everything you said you just took right out of my mouth. I find myself in this dilema every other week. And realize that half the stuff I bought, will collect dust... but I still have to experience this first hand! lol Internet buying is evil!

    Quote Originally Posted by TimEggers View Post
    Fenix E01 because my Mag Solitaire finally died and beside now that I'm here, another Mag just isn't going to cut it.

    What sold me:

    Run time of 1 AAA
    Bulb life and 10 lumen rating
    Lifetime warranty (fenixstore.com)
    Size
    Materials
    Reviews here
    PRICE, all that for $15, hardly a bad choice
    A true flasholic's Maglite Solitaire is the Fenix E01. That is when you know when someone has been using the search feature on CPF! lol Good Job! haha Congrats on you wise conversion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. LED View Post
    Maratac AAA XP-E, toy.

    I wanted to see the next new nice cheap LED myself. I will play for awhile and then I'll kill it and move on.
    I have mood swings like this too. It just feels better to beat up on a cheapo LED and compare it to your "more expensive" purchase and feel better about buying it (the more expensive light)... yes it is a vicious cycle... lol

  14. #44
    Flashaholic* gswitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,577

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    Lambda Revolution 3D

    A 3C model is currently my favorite and most-used light, and I wanted the extra runtime.



  15. #45
    Flashaholic* CaNo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    1,093

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by vio765 View Post
    My lastest light was a headlamp. I chose the DiNotte 400L with headlamp strap. I wanted a headlamp that, for the money, would be well-suited for nighttime hiking in winter. I still have plenty of time to test it out when it is warm. if i make a mistake, i won't die so quickly.
    I like flashlights for a few reasons. i like gadgets, i like the night and i have no wife or kids to eat up my income. i also have no other income-eating hobbies.

    my lights:

    Fenix L0D, L1D,L2D, P2D, P3D, TK40
    Lumapower D-mini w/. 2xAA tube
    Lumapower MRV SK
    4D Maglight with 140-lumen lamp upgrade
    Rayovac 300-lumen lantern
    Rayovac 3C 140-lumen light
    Coleman Exponent 3xCR123 Lantern
    Coleman Exponent 4xAA Lantern
    Glo-Toob Lithium (Blue)
    Eagletac M2CX4
    Power on Board 3000-lumen spotlight
    DiNotte 400L headlamp
    Princeton Tec Apex
    Exetech data-logging light meter
    Numerous chargers
    Numerous AW and Eagletac 18650 and 16340 cells
    Several dozen Sanyo 2700 NiMH batteries as well as Eneloops
    ~150 Energizer lithium AA batteries
    ~60 CR123 (Rayovac, Tenergy, Titanium, Duracell, and Energizer)
    It's better than drugs right? That is... health wise...
    But from a financial standpoint... I still think the drugs are cheaper haha

  16. #46

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    quark AAx2 tacitcal neutral white

    Because i always wanted something like a fenix with knurling and a pocket clip, and my E2D is just too out of date lumen wise...so this will be my main edc for a while =]

  17. #47
    HKJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    6,024

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    That is a CL1H NOHS, because I am curious about it and want to see it.

    I hope this light and a couple of other lights will arrive soon!
    My website with flashlight, battery and charger information: lygte-info.
    More than 200 battery reviews and 80 charger reviews.
    Compare 18650 LiIon batteries or smaller (RCR123, 16340, 14500, 10450) LiIon batteries.

  18. #48
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    AL
    Posts
    1,660

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    Last LED(entire light, anyway) purchase was a SF E2L.
    Bought it seven weeks ago for the specific purpose of having mudman cj mod it with a Q4-5B emitter and cut down McR19XR reflector, and possibly adding light diffusing film for a flood beam(which I have since done).
    I basically wanted a longer-running version of the Malkoff M60WLF, with a low mode, and in a slimmer package.
    ...and that's what I got

  19. #49
    Flashaholic* Alaric Darconville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Stillwater, America
    Posts
    2,074

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    My latest purchase was two of the Maratac AAA lights from countycomm.com. One for a friend that is always generous to me (typically with goofy, inconsequential stuff but he thinks of me nonetheless) and another for a friend going into the Peace Corps. For her, it was because I wanted to be sure she could have it on her person at all times, and the added functionality of the three brightnesses and that it uses readily available AAA cells (and she can get rechargeable cells, too).

    Haven't bought one for myself yet-- but plan to!

  20. #50
    Flashaholic* CaNo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    1,093

    Rolleye11 Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marfenix View Post
    The last 2 Fenixes that I bought this week is a Fenix LD01 black (I did not have that yet) and a Fenix LD01 SS (I cannot believe how good this light is, so that I wanted to have a spare!)
    Wait til you discover how this light performs with a 10440 cell...

    Just a teaser:

    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=231788

  21. #51
    Flashaholic post tenebras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    207

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    I bought an E2DL, "NRA Defender." It's my first SureFire! I bought it for the reputed quality, the two-levels, the runtime, and because it's really cool!

    I found a code on the Internet for 30% off from the NRA Store. NOTE: This E2DL NRA flashlight has the scalloped tailcap as pictured on the SureFire website (I'm thankful, because that's what I wanted). The pic on the NRA Store website incorrectly shows a plain tailcap, like on the former E2D NRA flashlight.

  22. #52

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    Oh, and I turned out all the lights in my place last night and put my Fenix E01 in my ear.

    ... It was like turning night to day Getting anxious about getting a real light and see what it's like. But yeah, ear-lights, I'm trademarking it and making a new line of them XD

  23. #53
    Flashaholic* burntoshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    the local group
    Posts
    836

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yucca Patrol View Post
    I bought it because I am a caver and wanted a bombproof backup light so when I die of starvation after being trapped for a week underground, the cave rescue unit will be impressed to see that my flashlight is still running strong on the low setting.
    LOL
    i like flashlights.

  24. #54
    Flashaholic* burntoshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    the local group
    Posts
    836

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    Nitecore D10 R2 (now with tritium!!) because I absolutely love the smart PD series, but wanted to replace my EX10 EDC due to the fact that I'm more of a AA flashlight guy now and less of a CR123 flashlight guy.
    i like flashlights.

  25. #55
    Flashaholic* burntoshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    the local group
    Posts
    836

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    ...
    i like flashlights.

  26. #56
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Amstelveen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaNo View Post
    Wait til you discover how this light performs with a 10440 cell...

    Just a teaser:

    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=231788
    I have read about it but appreciate the tip. I looked up all my Fenixes and read all the comments. I am so excited about this website! Slowly getting educated in the field of my favorite gadget:the (Fenix) LED flashlight.
    Last edited by Marfenix; 07-24-2009 at 11:41 PM.

  27. #57

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    The last LED light I purchased is a Dereelight CL1H V4 with the MC-E pill. It is really bright.

    The light feels solid and is a little bit heavy.
    Emitter is pretty well centred.
    Came with a nice box, spare o-rings and GITD tail cap.

    I compared it with my friend's MTE P7 and it it throws better and it is brighter.

    I purchased it because I wanted a bright flood light

    Great purchase !

  28. #58
    Flashaholic* CaNo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    1,093

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marfenix View Post
    I have read about it but appreciate the tip. I looked up all my Fenixes and read all the comments. I am so excited about this website! Slowly getting educated in the field of my favorite gadget:the flashlight.
    Your welcome. This forum is full of knowledge and information just waiting to be absorbed. Whether you have an old favorite light that needs to be upgraded to current technology i.e. Maglites, to making the current "best" light even better... (adding an aspheric lens for more throw and a tighter beam, or changing a smooth reflector into an Orange Peel (OP) reflector to achieve more flood). Or even using a different battery on a flashlight that can support more power to gain more lumens. You're very well on your way to becoming a flashaholic!

  29. #59
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    The last light I bought was a Malkoff MD4 Wildcat. Why, because it's a Malkoff and I'm a sucker for serial number runs. Add to that it's a prototype and I didn't stand a chance.

  30. #60
    Flashaholic TechnoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NorthWest Ohio, U.S.A.
    Posts
    164

    Au Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

    I just bought the Space Shuttle Atlantis from NASA so I could cannibalize it for lights and support infrastructure. I've got some upgrades planned for my study and everything on the commercial market is weak .

    Aside from that a Stanley 3000 HID as a weapon light in case of space invaders. A tip of the hat to StarHalo and HKJ for being my first enablers.

    Most recently, Moddoo's Triple XP-E 2x SOB R2 Clear narrow lens drop-in for my EDC Surefire C3 Centurion {love that name}. The C3 is one of two, sometimes three, EDCs. The C3 has always hosted the P91 lamp, bezel down, weak side carry, in the V70 speed holster. It's role is "Identification,
    Targeting, & Disorientation Force Multiplier" in application of deadly force as a last defensive resort. Like the tools it supports, it sees regular disciplined training, that I pray will never be used. If a C3 with a P91 is cool (for outdoors), Moddoo's Triple XP-E will be akin to liquid nitrogen!

    The C3 EDC is supported by an Insight HX2 Typhoon for indoor 'IT&DFM' as well as normal administrative tasks. The infinitely variable constant on mode continues to surprise me with new usefulness when I'm not looking for a reason to use the light, but a new need presents itself. The ability to use ultra low stealth mode, pre-stage for strobe while continuing to use ultra low has helped keep my blood pressure down and breathing regular on more than one occassion in public where the situation was 'tense'. It simply provides a wider latitude for controlling/containing/de-escalating a situation than more 'traditional' tools. I had my first Gladius pre-ordered from Ken Good's company and that very low serial number is part of my wife's EDC loadout. Last Sunday I gave my Gray Gladius (original output), which had been a backup in my bug out bag, to my Brother-In-Law. He's a great guy, but 'other' people have always spent his money. I discovered a new use for the variable on my H2X while he was helping move my geriatric Mom from one assisted living facility to another. The next morning, he had his own Gladius, in the fairly uncommon gray color. It's got a great new home, and is the Big Dog. What's not to like?

    The HX2 Typhoon is like an AR-10. The C3 with Moddoo's drop-in will be like a Ma Deuce.

    Fenix P3D Q5, 3 cell body, as tertiary carry when I want to keep the C3 and HX2 in deep concealment. Low profile is, as low profile does.

    By the way, for any International Space Station Fans, progress is going to be held up by the following shortages: two spare gyroscopes, two nitrogen tank assemblies, two pump modules, an ammonia tank assembly and a spare latching end effector for the station's robotic arm. The November 12, 2009 parts delivery has been mysteriously canceled.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •