Imalent
Page 55 of 100 FirstFirst ... 54548495051525354555657585960616265 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 2992

Thread: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Enlightened

Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

I just ordered an ElectroLumens EDC-MCE. Why? I have no idea.

Fenix TK70... Just because I wanted the brightest I could get, and it is cheaper than the SR90.

I want a pocket sun one day
    Eagletac P20C2 MKII, T20C2 MKII, T20C2 MKII & T100C2 MK II - Inova XO3 - Solarforce L2P & L2M - Jetbeam BC40 - Lumapower Trust 2 - C30 Flood-to-Throw AAA

Eagletac D25 Titanium - why = because it is 'Titanium' shiny and most importantly so cheap... it even came with a cute holster. For a change it is nice to be able to buy a torch that doesnt cost 3 figures..
    It is not bad apart from the grating between the titanium threads..
    During the day when I don't need a torch ... RC is my hobby http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/47842/Always on the lookout for McGizmo/Kuku Titanium torches with Trits..

Just put in an order for a high CRI HDS Rotary because the Rotary is an awesome light, and a high CRI emitter will make it even more awesome.

Unenlightened

An ElektroLumens Big Bruiser. Why? With 3 Cree XML's pumping out 3000 lumens from a 6" light- why not!

A Fenix LD40 because I wanted a light in neutral tint, something to keep in the car that took batteries I could buy anywhere and because it's just a little different than most lights out there.

Jetbeam ST Cycler. Wide, bright spill and more practical for walking at night. Concentrated beams on my other lights are great, but not practical for walking. The Medium warning mode (pulse) is a plus. Can't wait for it to arrive. Estimated 7 business days for it to arrive here in Yokosuka, Japan Naval Base.

ST Cycler. I have a few lights, but all have concentrated beams. Excellent lights for spotting in long distances. I recently moved to Yokosuka, Japan Naval Base and was walking around with my daughter at night. Using my PD32, I realized it wasn't ideal for casual walking in the dark. I read about the ST Cycler from Jetbeam and liked 2 specific features. Wide and Bright Spill and a Medium mode that flashes intermittently. Perfect for casual walks and will get a driver's attention when I, as a pedestrian, am crossing a street. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Just bought a Klarus X6 The Midas AAA, you know the gold plated one to give to a friend and a Jetbeam BA20 to give to an elderly relative who still uses an old maglight. It's nice and simple and they should be excellent gift lights.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mohanjude View Post
    Eagletac D25 Titanium - why = because it is 'Titanium' shiny and most importantly so cheap... it even came with a cute holster. For a change it is nice to be able to buy a torch that doesnt cost 3 figures..
    It is not bad apart from the grating between the titanium threads..
    Ditto! Just ordered it last night. I have a D25C I EDC right now. I love it. Figured why not get a Ti version. In XM-L

Just bought a Surefire 6P LED. Why? Because it was $40
    Chris

Does a Surefire E2D count if I might put a Kuku module in it or turn it into an E2DLego?

I got it basically because my collection was down to one E2- light, and that was unacceptable.
    If we could get everyone in the world to close their eyes and imagine world peace for an hour, think about how serene it would be until the looting started. -Unknown

Enlightened

I just came home with a 4Sevens Quark 123-2 "X", needed a main EDC light, now I just need to get a couple of AW 17670s, a charger, deep carry pocket clip and a flush tail forward clicky and the thing will be complete and utterly ideal!

Craigslist score!!!

I just got a near mint Surefire A2 Aviator (xenon, with blue led's) for $60!

I bought it because it was a steal! The guy was asking $120 for it but I guess he just wanted it gone...
    Last edited by brandocommando; 01-04-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Received my Jetbeam RRT-0 with infinite ramping tonight. Wanted a light with a good...ahem!, low......well I am very impressed to say the least. Goes so low it's border line unusable.

Unenlightened

i was looking for a desent light and it came down to a pelican 2360 and a led lenser m1 lol i stood there for like 30 min looking and the differnces in both and ended up with the pelican should of gone with the german m1 everytime the pelican gets shaken it gose from high to low idk why but im giving to my wife and im getting the led lenser M7R i wwent with the pelican cuz i was told it made great lights but i was sorely dissapointed my icon rouge 2 is all around better lets see how the M7R works out

Quote Originally Posted by Johnbeck180 View Post
    Received my Jetbeam RRT-0 with infinite ramping tonight. Wanted a light with a good...ahem!, low......well I am very impressed to say the least. Goes so low it's border line unusable.
    Sounds impressive. A good low is just as important. In a strange way, when my kids want me to read them a story with the lights out, we use a flashlight and some of mine are still too bright. I got by on my TA21 but lost it. Now I use my LD20, but the RRT-0 sounds pretty nice for such a situation.

Quote Originally Posted by buds224 View Post
    Sounds impressive. A good low is just as important. In a strange way, when my kids want me to read them a story with the lights out, we use a flashlight and some of mine are still too bright. I got by on my TA21 but lost it. Now I use my LD20, but the RRT-0 sounds pretty nice for such a situation.
    I was very surprised at how low it went. I ordered it from a reputable company, on their page it said the low was .003 lumens. Weather that's true or not I don't know. I do know that outside of about four foot (unless you know where your going) the light is pretty much useless. Would be perfect for reading at night,

Quote Originally Posted by brandocommando View Post
    Craigslist score!!!

I just got a near mint Surefire A2 Aviator (xenon, with blue led's) for $60!

I bought it because it was a steal! The guy was asking $120 for it but I guess he just wanted it gone...
    Maybe the guy just didn't know what he had. Ironically, I've seen it happen before with other SureFire lights. I sure as Hell wouldn't part with my A2 for $60. Especially since after-market bulbs are still out there for the A2 model.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Unenlightened

I purchased a 4Sevens Hi CRI Quark 123, because I wanted to see the difference between a Hi CRI and a cool white LED.

My last LED light was a Nitecore D10. Do they even make that light any more? It's a good EDC light using a sanyo eneloop.
    Now I need a light for the house and want either a Fenix TK50 or a Fenix TK41 same basic size but I kind of like havng the availablity to use D cells but then again I have a lot od AA's for the TK41 as well.

My last purchase was this morning. I bought a Zebralight SC51c because I like the idea of an 85+ CRI light with a neutral tint. I have the Zebralight SC600 and I like the looks, feel, and especially the electronic switch with the UI.

I also placed an order for the new run of HDS EDC High CRI 120 lights -- because they are ******* awesome!!

Flashaholic

Zebralight SC600w is on it's way. I have the regular 600 and like it a lot, but I've always prefered a neutral or warm. Only recently have I tried Zebralights and this will be my third. Great light but the thing that really got me hooked was the UI.
    Deus Vult

Unenlightened

My new Light is a LedLenser P5R. It's a good EDC light.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=700F5...A12D2E3CE5!185

Last edited by ledlumi01; 01-07-2012 at 03:43 AM.

Quark 123 R5 No Clip.

Because it has Moonlight and Low which are both lower than P2D Low, and Turbo to Turbo the Quark blows P2D away!
    http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2640/usflaghalfmastmdwht.gif

PBJS

LensLight TAD Gear Mini and Stinger. Liked the ability to focus the beam and the use of rechargeable cells. Something different from my Surefire and HDS lights.

Buttrock Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Quote Originally Posted by cland72 View Post
    Just bought a Surefire 6P LED. Why? Because it was $40
    I just bought a Surefire 6P BK from the Boy Scouts of America close out sale for $25 and at that price, it was just plain irresistible! Now I have 3 6Ps
    Be a Light In the Universe

The last LED I bought was an E2E which I am upgrading to LED. I have some strange attraction to Surefire after buying my first Aviator and have used it many times in the cockpit and on preflights. Its amazing how you wonder ho w you ever lived without such a useful tool.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by T45 View Post
    I just bought a Surefire 6P BK from the Boy Scouts of America close out sale for $25 and at that price, it was just plain irresistible! Now I have 3 6Ps
    Wow, I am jealous. At that price, I would have got four (more to the ones I already have).... at least.

Cheers
    Thorsten

Purchased my first HDS this week. HDS custom rotary w/black bezel, high CRI and flush button. Why? Because you all talk so highly of it.