Foxfury Scout
Page 64 of 105 FirstFirst ... 145457585960616263646566676869707174 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 3132

Thread: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Quote Originally Posted by spc smith View Post
    needle,

You have entered the matrix of flashlight knowledge. Partake of all the knowledge of FLASHLIGHTS lol. I will give you my first recommendation of a light: Olight i1 EOS.
    Agent Smith?
    I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. Jesus Christ - John 12:46

Just ordered another SP-6 Seraph and a pair of L2T Solarforce hosts plus another LF HiCRI drop-in. Also have parts for new Nichia 219 drop-ins from Craig in the pipe.
    ^G When I reply, threads die....

Just ordered a Preon 2 High CRI. Why? That's easy, I don't have one.

Flashaholic*

I ordered a Jetbeam TCR1. My favorite light UI is the control ring only used on the Surefire T1A, the TCR1 has the same UI, in titanium, with an XM-L... I had to give it a shot.

Flashaholic

LightWalker,

Nah just a spec 4. and Daddy=) and master of kiddies! =)

Flashaholic

I ordered a jetbeam rrt-01. This will replace the Lumapower incendio as edc. The incendio already is very light (a must for me) and a lot of output but not a good UI. The rrt-01 with rotary control will solve that.
    L10 nichia 3mode : Jetbeam rrt-01 : 2x ZLh501w : IncenDio-v3 : Jet-III-M-ww : Parasitic drain ones: HDS high cri : Nitecore D10 nichia ramping.

Flashaholic

Quark AA^2 Turbo.

1) I did not have one
    2) It was $48
    3) I wanted a compact light with some throw
    4) I have a collection of Quark R2, XPG Neutral, High CRI, and an XML. all low voltage heads in either tactical or regular interfaces
    5) I have a mix and match set of Quark battery tubes, and a few Li-ION batteries that can be swapped out with various lithium primaries or NiMh
    6) Few tactical interface lights seem to have a 25'ish lumen mode. most have either a low mode under 10 or start over 50 lumens).
    7) Hate getting "blinky" modes when cycle between low and high
    Last edited by edpmis02; 04-13-2012 at 07:11 AM.

Thumbs up Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

EagleTac D25A Clicky XML, Neutral. Thanks to the excellent help I received when I called PTS and spoke to Mike.
    Last edited by tsask; 04-13-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Evilgrin07 Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

My Mac's Customs EDC SST-50 Al Neutral 2.8 18350

After owning most of the EDC flavors that Mac has to offer, I keep coming back to the Al SST-50 Neutral. I find that 2.8 is well suited for me especially with the ability to utilize the 18350 IMR battery. This setup offers extended runtime with high output and the most efficent heat sinking of the bunch. I prefer the floody artifact free beam profile of the SST-50 over the throw of the XM-L. I am not paranoid about EDC carrying of the Al as the light can be easily tuned up with 3M cloth to remove any scratches and nerfs which are inevitable. The clip is a must for me as I am not a belt holster guy and I love the positive Ti clip Mac has designed.

....."Happy Landings".....

WOW! that is a most impressive EDC. Would that 18350 IMR (Orange body?) be the same size as a 18650 LiON?

Since i sold my TN11 i didn't have what you'd call a thrower in my collection so i bought a Dereelight CL1H T with an XM L neutral white,i also bought an extension & a DBS T head with an XR E & smooth reflector so i can lego the CL1H T into a DBS T
    now i have my thrower & a very good light that puts out 700 lumen,next thing to buy is the aspheric head.I'm really loving these Dereelight mix & match lights & the quality is very good.

What? Jet Beam M2S

Why? I need a thrower that had better battery life than my cheap rechargable spot light.

So far I have not been disapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by tsask View Post
    WOW! that is a most impressive EDC. Would that 18350 IMR (Orange body?) be the same size as a 18650 LiON?

The 18350 is half the length of the 18650. About the same length as a 16340 or CR123.
    ....."Happy Landings".....

Just ordered an Xtar S1 production version.

Because TK-45, Spark SL6 800CW and O-Light i6 Paladin are my brightest flashlights.. not any more!
    Led flashlights...|I¤I|Fenix LD20+ Premium R4, TK45|Quark AA/2AA R5&S2 x2, Preon 1/2 S2/ h.CRI x2 |Olight i6 Paladin|Spark SL6-800CW, ST6 500CW headlamp|Xtar S1|Crelant 7G5 V2|Eagletac D25LC2|ZL SC600 MKI b U2|Thrunite TN12 '14|I¤I|

Jetbeam TCR1. Because I just received one and really wanted a backup!

Klarus XT2C. Want a light, that always start on High, and can do strobe in-stand from off.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by run4jc View Post
    Jetbeam TCR1. Because I just received one and really wanted a backup!

I considered doing the same. I am very happy with my TCR1.

I just bought a second Lenslight Mini to go with my Lenslight Mini Ti. These lights are incredible. It's too bad the company's name sounds so much like LED Lenser, I think that keeps people away from them.

Flashaholic*

Surefire P2X-B Fury. Purchased because it was just a bit over $100, and that is an irresitable price for such an awesomely useful light. It is attached to my hiking bag now.

Received my Jetbeam TCR1 two days ago, the reason.... Couldn't help myself.

Flashaholic*

HDS 170 Golden Dragon - because of the amazing throw in such a nice package.
    HDS 120 Golden Dragon - because I got impatient waiting for a 170 to become available...
    Malkoff MD2 (hi/low) M61 Nichia 219 High CRI - because I've always wanted to try a Nichia emitter and love the rock solid MD2 Host.
    HDS High CRI Rotary - to teach me patience...

Nitecore TM11. A compact, bright and throwy/floody light. And it's a great deal.
    Pick the pooch!

I just got through pulling the lever on a Zebralight SC600 about 5 minutes ago, from goinggear, so I wont receive it til later this week probably. Hope I like it, because I did a LOT of reading before buying an 18650 light, and I had first decided on the Lumapower D-Mini EX-2, but couldnt get any real reviews of it, cause it seems almost nobody owns one. Then on the only youtube video showing its beam, which was in German, you could see some very obvious rings and lines in the beam, so I just decided to skip it and go with the SC600, which is probably about the most powerful single 18650 light out there, and about the smallest too!

Just ordered a Jetbeam RRT-01.

Why? On high doses of prednisone and couldn't sleep the other night. Got up grabbed iPhone. On CPF. Started reading about it. Read all posts about it and the titanium model. Two days later I couldn't resist anymore. The insane low and no clicky switch pushed me over the edge.

Flashaholic*

^^ ditto a few comments up ^^ Ordered a Malkoff MD2 (hi/low) M61 Nichia 219 High CRI and a MD3 body and MD2 head. Great to see Malkoff and Illumination Supply making these available.

Why? The XP-G Malkoff M61 is my most often used light; I want to see if the Nichia version can or will displace it. Sure looks good but proof will be in the shining.

As for the MD2, somehow I've managed to avoid buying one so far, even though a twist for high/low, rear tail clap momentary clicky (without mode change) is my perfect bar none multi-level light setup. All that and I needed another couple of hosts.

Picked up an extra SureFire L1 10/65. Wanted an extra before they get too scarce. Just something about them, cant explain it.
    Reality is usually scoffed at and illusion is usually king. But in the battle for survival of western civilization it will be reality and not illusion or delusion that determines what the future will bring.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by don.gwapo View Post
    Nitecore TM11. A compact, bright and throwy/floody light. And it's a great deal.
    Same as here
    EagleTac M2XC4, ET T20C2 MKII XPG, ET P100A2, 4Sevens Preon 2, Lumapower IncenDio V3+ XPG R5, Lumapower TRUST Model-1, NiteCore D10 SP, iTP A3 EOS, iTP A1 EOS.

I got two Fenix E01 as a gift for my parents. Just a little light to put on their keychain.

Unenlightened

Zebralight H501 nw. I had to get one before they discontinued it. Those 5A tints are getting harder to find....

Oh my, this is a bad month for my wallet I just got some overtime paid and I wanted to buy myself and my girlfriend something nice because I worked late continuously the last couple weeks. Got her several nice gifts and ordered a Sunwayman V10R R5 for myself. I've had this one on my wish list for a while now and am interested to get my first flashlight with a magnetic control ring. I was tempted to buy the HDS Rotary (I really like my HDS Clicky), but I wanted to get a Sunwayman too, because I've read such great reviews on it. I'd better go get some duct tape to fix that leak in my wallet
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam - Cato the Elder

Surefire LumaMax LX2 to compliment my HDS Rotary, ... and to lighten my belt (when rotating my Malkoff HD XM-L) when I feel the need to do so!

Now that I have (or found) the lights I need, ..... the FIRE SALE begins! ... LOL

Page 64 of 105 FirstFirst ... 145457585960616263646566676869707174 ... LastLast