Imalent
Page 78 of 94 FirstFirst ... 286871727374757677787980818283848588 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 2798

Thread: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Mailman just delivered two Olight i3s, one for me, one for my GF. Theyre awesome and tiny. Seem very well made. Twisty head Med, Hi, Low in that sequence. Very high quality easily removable keychain and a real handy reversable pocket clip, perfect for attaching to a baseball style hat bill.
    Really nice little KC lights. I can see this will be more useful than it appears.
    Girlfriend loves the red anodized one with the chrome chain and clip.
    I got the black one, but I have to admit the red one is prettier by far.
    Slick presentation packaging with a Duracell AAA, 2 spare o-rings in a nice branded plastic spring-loaded lid box.
    Great gift light but make sure you buy one for yourself too.
    I'm impressed. The Hi is quite bright, and the first-on Medim mode is a nice feature.
    Strobe mode is there for a toy after running through 2 complete cycles within three seconds which takes some deliberate doing. You wont activate the strobe unintentionally for sure. Easy 1 hand operation. Threads are silky smooth and appear to be pre-lubed.
    XPG2 emitter on this makes it a hell of a nice mini/KC powerhouse. Tint appears to be a nice, semi-neutral creamy white.
    Lens appears to be a nice optical-grade glass using the tooth-tap test.
    Can tailstand even with the keychain attached.

I do not feel cheated at $24 skins.

AA EneloopXX and 4 cell PowerPax AA holder shown for size ref.

Yes, I'm catching the disease you all have.

I give the i3s two thumbs up. :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by lightcycle1; 03-20-2013 at 10:50 AM.
    Been around for a year now. A bunch of them, and a handful of ghetto dollar-store LED pocket lights.

Olight M22. Need a replacement/brother for my Fenix TK21. It's bright and it throws- I like it
    "Got a light?" -Well yes, I have

Enlightened

EagleTac D25LC2

needed for edc

Default What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

I receive the last week a DQG TI AAA CW and I love it, small, light and easy to use, this light is just amazing...

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it...
    Zebralight Spark Princeton Inova Petzl Maglite Bushnell 4 XM-L MagMod and a lot of Cree XM-L Lights Nitecore i4 Intellicharger Intl-outdoor 3400 Panasonic 3100 Bare and protected Samsung 3000 Sanyo 2600
    Please, respect the planet, dont kill animals...

Enlightened

Dereelight Night Master V2 Ez900
    Will be ordering the XSearcher in the next week or 2 as well

My most recent two light purchases were:

this Thrunite TN30 - a beast of a light. I love it!

and...

this Olight S35 Baton (pictured next to the TN30)

I picked both of these up on CPF Marketplace, for a very reasonable price. Both, very nice lights.

Malkoff M61HCRI

It will be my first high CRI light

Before that was a lumintop worm, why? Because its copper!
    Four surefires and counting, this could be expensive

Enlightened

TN31 can be added as well. Might as well build a throwing arsenal since I have no floods lights yet. Might need to get a TN30 next to fix that problem

Streamlight Protac 2l, cause I wanted something better than my old Surefire G2 Nitrolon.

ArmyTec Predator Pro v2.5 XP-G2 (cool white) to see if I can get a bit more distance (which I'm sure it will) then my XP-G2 Surefire Fury. Which will be handy for checking gates if me and Anonymous Jr. are back on a large site similar to the one we just left!

This extry distance should save us some on fuel costs. However, the BIG catch with the light is. I'm hoping the holster will work well while driving in the Jeep (ArmyTek didn't have a smooth bezel available for the Predator, and the aggressive bezel makes it a no go in regards to carrying it in a jacket pocket. So if it don't work, and I can't find a solid / stiff holster, I may be back to the drawing board again). Using the Fury with a G-5 4/7's holster is great, makes it easy to pull out, and holster the Fury. Doesn't bind or get in the way with the dang seat belt buckle!

The M3X in the Jeep dose well only when there isn't any impurities in the air. However the XM-L's wide beam profile is great for general purpose use, is why I keep it in the Jeep.
    Last edited by AZPops; 05-23-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Flashaholic

I scored a new Petzl Tikka plus 2 with the Core battery pack for 29,95 EUR.I have been using it for extra light when tiling the floor of my sauna because there is very dim fixed lighting

Quote Originally Posted by všlineurheilija View Post
    I scored a new Petzl Tikka plus 2 with the Core battery pack for 29,95 EUR.I have been using it for extra light when tiling the floor of my sauna because there is very dim fixed lighting

In a sauna, me thinks it's dim for a reason! It's called "MOOD" lighting! .... LOL
    Last edited by AZPops; 05-23-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by AZPops View Post
    In a sauna, me thinks it's dim for a reason! It's called "MOOD" lighting! .... LOL
    Yeah thats correct

Sent from a mobile telephone

Sunwayman D40A. Seems like, I like the compact AA size with big-time lumens. Also the price was good which helps too

Flashaholic

Led Lenser M17R. Here's why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKwQ4ciaUnY

Lumintop Tool AAA....because I can't get a LF2XT in my budget. I have a Maratac AAA stainless that has served me well as an EDC back-up to my HDS. I wanted a decent AAA clicky that could clipped to my hat via the pocket clip, just like the Maratac. When the clip is postioned on the Maratac to allow being clipped to a hat, it extends past the end of the light. So the clip has to be removed and switched for hat use and switched back when finished to pocket carry. This has made the clip loose. Since the Tool is almost identical in design to the Maratac (I'm hoping the heads will interchange to give me several mode configurations) but is longer being a clicky, I can leave the clip attached to allow clipping to my hat and hopefully it will wont come loose as soon. If it does come loose (or maybe even if it doesn't) I can look at permanently attaching the clip as the carry direction of the clip can be changed on the Tool by simply switching the head and switch to opposite ends. I wanted an N-light B3 but by the time I found out about them, I couldn't find one. Hopefully the Tool will tide me over until the next best thing to a LF2XT comes around.
    You Can't Fix STUPID!

EagTac G25C2 Mk II w/ XML2
    Bec I wanted something this bright and throwy. A bit large for edc, but it sure throws, I can reach a treeline at least 200 yards away.

Preon P0's for use as gifts. Gotta heat-kill the magnets first though.

Sent from Winterfell using a Raven

I picked up an Olight S10. I didn't need another 1xCR123 EDC type light, but... a good price inspired me. I'm very glad I did and should've done it when they first came out. Terrific light! I'm stoked about the UI. I wish it had a switch lock-out like its bigger brothers S35/S65, but it's easy to twist the body to do the same thing. I just can't get over the size. Put it next to the NovaTac EDC and it looks so small. I'm eager to see what Olight does with the S10 in the next revision. They have to keep making it, as it's such a great light and from what I've heard is a good seller.
    Lights in my rotation: Nitecore EA4 | Surefire U2 | Novatac EDC-120P | Olight M20 R5 | Fenix P3D-Q5, PD30. L0D-Q4 | Regal WT1 | Pila GL3/D26

PD32UE. The tint and lumen range is perfect for my needs. The tint diva in me has been awakened.

I bought a Fenix TK35 and a Home Depot Defiant 493 lumen Tactical Super thrower.
    UPDATE:The TK35 needed customer service, which was poor, and the Super thrower got modified to a Triple Cyan LED Star.

energizer tactical aa...and the reason: BECAUSE IT WAS THERE! pwm sucks though. I thought I had too much caffeine and my hands were shaking but it turned out to be the light. I bought it at target last night and it reminded me of when my wife dropped her cell phone there. I went to the spot and realized she picked out the darkest place in the whole mall to lose her phone (which was probably a blessing; the person that found it probably saw the signal indicator blinking)
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Picked up a SF LX2 Lumamax this past weekend at a gunshow. It had been a display and had a ring attached to it. Clip was missing. Paid $50 for it. Nice light for cheap.

Other lights are a Remington my wife got me and a SF C2 Centurion that I got from and Iraqi vet (two tours) friend of mine. New to flashlights and this is basically my collection.

My last led flashlight is olight i1 eos stainless steel version for 32 Euros. It is an amazing little edc flashlight.
    I have it on my keys and use it every day, great job there in olight. some specs...ANSI FL1; 1.2 impact resistant,
    1150cd, 2m under water(IPX-8), 68m on high, 72 hours on low setting,
    5h 10min on medium and 1 hour and 40 minutes on high mode.
    it has battery reverse polarity protection,
    the package comes with an allen wrench(hex key),
    2 o' rings and of course one single cr123a olight battery.
    the flashlight has 180 ANSI FL1, OTF (out the front) lumens
    led emits 280 lumens with the old measurements...
    ..so if anyone says that the old itp a1 is brighter is wrong!

Lumintop ED10. Want a small cr123/rcr123 light.

A week or two ago REI had thier annaul garage sale. Customer returns, floor models and other gear.

I purchased an in the box Fenix TK15 for $58.00. A great deal consdering everything for the light was in the box, including the warranty.
    I purchase two Tenergy 18650s w/surfire chargers to replace the C123s that came with the light. Very happy with my second Fenix light!!!

Zebralight H52w and SC600w MKII. Dammit! Can't stop spending money here!
    Fenix: PD32UE x2 (sold LD22 x2, LD12, E11 x3) | Nitecore EA4W & EA4 | Zebralight: SC600wII, SC62d, SC52w, H52w, H51w, H600w, H600w II | Olight i3s | L3 Illumination L10 Nichia 219 x2 | Xeno E03 Nichia 219

Malkoff MDC AA.... First uber quality US manufacturer to come out with a 1xAA with a sub-lumen mode (QTC too finicky on low lows, or so I'm told).

Flashaholic

Niteye Eye10 and Eye15. Because I like "infinitely" variable EDC size lights with deep pocket clips and lanyard rings. And apparently don't have enough patience to wait for new XML2 versions.

I have a number of 18350 and 18650 cells so....

Flashaholic

Zebralight SC600w MKII, because I only have four Zebralights...*s* Honestly.....just upgrading my old SC600w and like the changes they've made.
    Deus Vult

Sunwayman D20A. Form factor, battery type and dual white/red LEDs.