• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Website Security Alert!

donn_

Flashaholic
Heads Up, Wayne!

I just navigated, via bookmark, to the Sandwich Shoppe website, and was re-directed to this warning:

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at theledguy.chainreactionweb.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

This is Google's explanation:

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for theledguy.chainreactionweb.com

What is the current listing status for theledguy.chainreactionweb.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.
What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 5 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-07-24, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-07-24.Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including u0r.in/.
This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS13703 (BROADRIVER).
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, theledguy.chainreactionweb.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it cropped up the 23,24th. I believe I have removed the offending files, but, the reported issue still stands with Google.

I am hoping it gets scanned again in a day or so and the warming removed if the site comes clean.

I believe the server got attacked and all sites hosted on this machine has been affected.

I do not know what happens when you browse this site with the infection nor do I know how to get rid of it.

We have one PC that might be infected. Virus scan is clean, spyware scan comes up clean. I think it's infected the javascript engine. I have upgraded that machine from Firefox 3 to firefox 3.5.

I have reported it to our server group and have not heard back what it is or what to do about it.

Please do not use the shoppe site for now.

Wayne

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just tried to navigate to the site as well and got the same thing as Donn

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have removed the offending code in the shoppe web site. It may take a couple days to weeks before Google and possible threat warning will be re-assessed and removed.

Until then if you can wait till after Aug7 that would should give enough time for the system to clear. I have requested the site to be re-reviewed which when I submitted said it could take a couple of weeks. Hopefully, sooner.

We will be on vacation aug1-aug7 so we will be shipping orders till the end of the week and then resuming after aug7 when we return from vacation.

Gotta visit Mickey in Orlando!

Wayne

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
We will be on vacation aug1-aug7 so we will be shipping orders till the end of the week and then resuming after aug7 when we return from vacation.

Gotta visit Mickey in Orlando!

Wayne

Wayne & Cindy, have a great vacation! Say Hi to Mickey & Minnie for me. :wave:

smopoim86

Enlightened
Hrm I ordered from the site Friday night. I checked the scan info that said the problem was cleared so I went ahead and ordered.

Badware.org is where the list is kept that has the flag on the site. You might be able to get it cleared the quickest by checking their policy.

AlecGold

Enlightened
Jup, alert is gone, but the question is whether Wayne is back from Mickey.
I've got a ton of questions here :D
But it's nice that the alert is gone.