• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Black Hard Anodized Surefire's: 6P, 6PD, 9P, Z2, & C2 <sales open>

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Moddoo, Sgt LED, and I are teaming up again on our latest project, bringing you Hardcoat/Hard Anodized BLACK (HA-BK) Surefire's. These will be coated to a thickness of .002" (mil-spec, aka blacktical). They do not yet exist but will be produced in quantities based on feedback here.
  • See our sales thread for drop-ins, lanyards, and (P series) grip ring options

If you are interested in one or more of these models, please let us know by replying below:

HA Parts

M2-HA-BK Bezel ($52)
Z59-HA-BK Clicky Switch ($51)
Z41-HA-BK Twisty Switch ($)
Z44-HA-BK Bezel ($)
Bored 6P-HA-BK Body ($)

HA Bored lights, for standard cells, plus 18500 or 18650 cells
6P-HA-BK ($104)
6PD-HA-BK ($137)
9P-HA-BK ($131)
C2-HA-BK ($148)

HA Unbored lights, for standard cells only
6P-HA-BK ($93)
9P-HA-BK ($113)
6PD-HA-BK ($124)

C2-HA-BK ($131)
C2D-HA-BK ($194)
C3-HA-BK ($151)

Z2-HA-BK ($116)
Z2D-HA-BK ($180)

Reservations (no obligation)

Z59-HA-BK Clicky Switch
1. DimeRazorback
2. Sgt. LED
3. abuhannibal
4. BelliR6
5. BLUE LED
6. jgraham15​
Z44-HA-BK Bezel
1. mfrey​

Bored 6P-HA-BK
1. Kid9P
2. DM51
3. jsmitty1967 (via PM)
4. divine
5. BLUE LED
6. jgraham15
7. RocketTomato​
Bored 6PD-HA-BK
1. speedjunkie (via PM)
2. BelliR6​
Bored 9P-HA-BK
1. DM51​
Bored C2-HA-BK
1. jgraham15
2. divine​

Unbored Z2-HA-BK
1. DimeRazorback
2. Chodes
3. Sgt. LED​

Last edited:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Custom Black Hard Anodized Surefire's: 6Ps, 6PD's, 9Ps, Z2's, C2's, & C3's [Feel

I would be in for one:

Bored, for standard cells, plus 18500 or 18650 cells
6P-HA-BK ($104)

:party:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Custom Black Hard Anodized Surefire's: 6Ps, 6PD's, 9Ps, Z2's, C2's, & C3's [Feel

Put me down for:

Unbored Z2
&
Z59-HA-BK Clicky Switch

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic

As per the previous thread in the MP, I'll take:

1x Bored 6P-HA-BK ($104)
1x Bored 9P-HA-BK ($131)

Thanks!

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic

What's the difference between your un-bored lights and stock Surefires?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

What's the difference between your un-bored lights and stock Surefires?

Essentially the coating. Stock SFs (generally) come in either Type II black or Type III gray finishes. We are stripping off the factory finish and replacing it with a Type III black finish.

donn_

Flashaholic

Cool! Do you offer this service for older Surefires? Boring, HAIII black?

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Reserve please:

#2 Unbored Z2-HA-BK

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Cool! Do you offer this service for older Surefires? Boring, HAIII black?

Great idea, we'll see what we can do. The primary challenge will be finding a way to track whose parts are whose through a process that by its nature, strips unique markings.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

One Z2 HA BK with a Z59 HA BK clicky. Of course unbored. These will have a Pyrex lens right?
I was gunning for a C2 till I saw the Z2 option, :) Just have to own one of those.
Can you kindly please get your hands on a SS Jet III-M bezel ring and machine down the hang-over for me? It will really protect the edge of the bezel from any dings or dents from dropping, this is a custom I want to use regularly. The fit is good except for the top lip of the ring being a bit larger diameter than the bezel.

Maybe I'll come back for the C2 HA BK later. EDIT: OH and that bored 9P tube will not die as long as I just use it as a flashlight. Sure I can destroy it if I go all out and put my maul to it but with just rough flashlight use it is going to last damn near forever. Head is scratched, dented and the tail is scarred up some but the only thing the tube shows is the type 2 rubbing off and a few gouges.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

Great idea, we'll see what we can do. The primary challenge will be finding a way to track whose parts are whose through a process that by its nature, strips unique markings.

Bore it out first and lightly engrave a number inside any parts to be stripped and anno'ed. :shrug:
All of joeblow's parts get #12 for example and all names and numbers could be put into a spreadsheet. A little extra work but you can skip it on all the new items you are working with.

Last edited:

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast

I do have a few parts that need to be recoated.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for taking over the sales part of this Dan.

I'll be watching for any questions specifically related to the anodizing & boring if they may come up.

Glad we could make this happen.

More great custom stuff on CPF!!!
:clap:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

IMG_1122.jpg
IMG_1125.jpg

This is on a C2 bezel, PM replied! :D

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

These will have a Pyrex lens right?

Yes, Z2's aren't even ordered yet so they'll certainly be years fresh, if not months or even weeks old.

I was gunning for a C2 till I saw the Z2 option, :)

Thought that might temp you! I think the Z2 has real cult following potential.

the bored 9P tube will not die

Nice! Can't wait for the full report. :popcorn:

Bore it out first and lightly engrave a number inside any parts to be stripped and anno'ed. :shrug:
All of joeblow's parts get #12 for example and all names and numbers could be put into a spreadsheet. A little extra work but you can skip it on all the new items you are working with.

I do have a few parts that need to be recoated.

I have a database already built for tracking such things. I'll do some test markings on my own lights, and see if there is a spot on the inside that won't effect the performance of anything, like gaskets.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Option added for KT1-HA-BK Turbo Head

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

Option added for KT1-HA-BK Turbo Head

How will the reflector be protected in the KT1?
It is not removable.

I would seriously consider a HA Blk KT4.:faint::twothumbs
The KT4 can be taken apart .

donn_

Flashaholic

I would seriously consider a HA Blk KT4.:faint::twothumbs
The KT4 can be taken apart .

Oh yes...and M6 bodies, and Megalenniums as well.

While we're at it, an HAIII M3-BK would be a nice piece, especially bored out for 18mm cells.
:drool:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Re: Custom Black Hard Anodized Surefire's: 6P, 6PD, 9P, Z2, C2, C3's [Feeler]

The KT1 reflector is not removable.

Option removed for KT1-HA-BK Turbo Head :ohgeez:

I would seriously consider a HA Blk KT4.

Oh yes...and M6 bodies, and Megalenniums as well.

While we're at it, an HAIII M3-BK would be a nice piece, especially bored out for 18mm cells.

Thanks guys
The issue with already HA lights (including M2's, M3's, and M6's) is the stripping process. We are checking on this now.

Sorry, M2's are borable, but M3's are not.