DIY Guide to making a Solarforce L2micro

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
1st some pictures .

Yeah , the micro is on the far left .

The parts needed for the micro .

The secret to the micro = shrink the pill ! You can still fully reverse the mod if required , but you will need to solder the spring back , for the micro , removing the spring is a must , every mm counts .

So there you go , its all at the pill , I used the shortest pill I had , removed the contact spring [ uses up around 2mm ] , and I'm able to screw the head fully in , and leave the tail cap stock . You can see from the picture , I shortened the reflector from the front with just a file and a grinder , I left it at full DIA but took away the excess . The neg outer spring is still used [ obviously ] and this mod allows the pill to move forward a little making room for the 16340 . Yes its that tight in tolerance , every mm counts .

Ok its that easy !

So lets see some more L2micro's :wave:

Last edited:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry , forgot about this ..

My guess would be no , as the tail cap provides much needed internal space for the battery as it now doubles as the body .

Making a L2Micro , unfortunately means internal space is at a premium and every millimeter counts . If you could shorten the pill more , then yes it might be ok .

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/234378