New Duracell Daylight Flashlight----Anyone have one?

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Richard, thanks for the link!!!
Pretty good deal for a 35 dollar light.

Sol, the C version is already out.
I was looking at both the Cr123 and the C version at Rite Aid.

:twothumbs

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I have the 3AAA version and its nothing worth getting excited over. DD off 3xNiMH. The beam quality is pretty nice at all settings, but overall output is only in the ~60 Lumen ballpark, and being direct driven... it plummets rapidly from there.

I bought it as an 18650 mod host but its impossible to get apart. Overall feel is heavy and solid, but the spot to flood rotating bezel feels squeeky and kind of clunky. I haven't tried it, but I think an 18500 upgrade would be very easy.

My son uses it more than I do.. .so I guess it has some value around the house. Don't waste your $$$ on the 3AAA version, unless perhaps you have some 18500 cells ready to go.

Last edited:

UpChUcK

Enlightened
I got the 2xAA last year and was not all that impressed. Still, in actuall usage, it works fine.

Now last night I picked up the 2C version and that is actually quite impressive. Significantly brighter and cooler than my 2xAA Daylite (advertised 160 lumen as opposed to 80). Beam looks better too even though it is cooler.

I've been keeping an eye out for the 2x123 version. I'll snag it if I can ever find it.

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened
I have had the 2xcr123 version since it came out. Very nice flood qualities in my opinion. It has been dropped many times and still works great for my purposes. I want to test the lifetime guarantee, but it's not ready to crap out yet. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but sometimes simpler can be better.

I am interested in the 2D version, just to see how big a difference the deep reflector will make in throw. Haven't seen it yet.

-Hitec-

Hugo2x

Newly Enlightened
Doesn't look like a bad light... I just can't stand direct drive. For direct drive flashlights rechargable's are a must so you can keep your batt's topped off

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened
Doesn't look like a bad light... I just can't stand direct drive. For direct drive flashlights rechargable's are a must so you can keep your batt's topped off

To be clear, the ONLY Daylite that is not regulated is the 3xAAA 80 lumens version. :thumbsdow

The 2AA (80Lumens), 2xCR123 (160Lumens), the 2C (160Lumens) and 2D (160Lumens) models are all regulated. :twothumbs

-Hitec-

Tiresius

Enlightened
I have one....ripped it apart to see how it works.

Gave up on trying to remove the part that holds the circuit board since it looks like it's glued on tightly from the battery side.

The use glue on the threads to make sure no one opens them up. The picture quality kinda sucks since it's a cell phone camera.

0821091526-00.jpg

0821091526-01.jpg

0821091527-00.jpg

I kept twisting the bezel without realizing that there's a groove inside the bezel that the led's plate sits in. Broke the led off and then soldered new wires over them with a heat shrink wrap over the soldering.

0821091530-00.jpg

I'm not too sure if this is a SSC. There isn't any label on them claiming to be SSC besides some numbers. My coleman 115 lumen shows a clear label "Cree XLamp"

Last edited by a moderator:

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just found the C cell version of this light for $19.99 on sale at Radio Shack. I like it quite a bit, but do not think it is 160 lumens. It is bright though, and the focusing seems to work pretty well. I have the AA version, and this one is definitely brighter than it.

Vesper

Enlightened
Just bought the C version of this at Costco for $11.95. Very impressed with this budget light and definitely 160 lumens. The focus works well at a distance and the light feels solid.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here in Australia we have a 4AA Daylite version. I don't know anything about it other than it's around $30 and comes with 4 AA's. Looks to have a half decent led, either an SSC or Luxeon, can't tell from just looking through the plastic package.

Anybody got one of these? I'm tempted, but don't want to sink $30 on a cheap light when I can get an E11 for less money.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got two of the AA versions at a radio shack on clearance for $6 a piece...would bought more, but it was the last two. Not a bad lender/gift light...the beam quality/tint is nice, and they seem well made for such a light. Looks like my dad will be getting one this year for Christmas! Gave the other too my wife to use in "her" pantry, but it runs good on eneloops, so no worries :0)

WriteAway

Newly Enlightened
I've had the 2cr123 version for almost a year now, and overall it's a very good light for household/casual use, etc. A couple of weaknesses are that the zoom feature is very limited, and the click tail switch is quite stiff to operate (of course, it likely does not have accidental activation potential). The local Walmart has a very few aa and aaa models left on clearance.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had the 2cr123 version for almost a year now, and overall it's a very good light for household/casual use, etc. A couple of weaknesses are that the zoom feature is very limited, and the click tail switch is quite stiff to operate (of course, it likely does not have accidental activation potential). The local Walmart has a very few aa and aaa models left on clearance.

Big Lots had these for $10.00 the last time I was there!! If I had any interest in CR123 lights, I would have bought one. I like the 2C version myself!

peterkin101

Newly Enlightened
I had a 2D version and HATED IT. WORST 'serious' torch I'd over owned. Would have been miles better off with a 2D Maglite. Sold it for less than 5.00 GBP on eBay. It looks good until you start using it . Cheap switch,ill defined beam, plenty of metal there but not exactly quality made. It is OK for walking the dog but a CPF member is unlikely to be impressed. And thats a shame because Duracell have a great opportunity to make their mark on the torch market. However to do any good they need to be better than that!