SYSMAX Ind./Clike to find more about Nitecore flashlights!
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your photos

Default Re: Post your photos

Hey, can I play. I do mostly concert photography....

Kittie in concert at The Grove of Anaheim, California.

Green mushroom in my reef tank after I upgraded to my latest LED mix. 4:1 royal blue to warm white. No more cool whites - they suck.

Cool pic.
    Fenix TK40/LD10/L2D/E01/NiteCore D10/SolarForce L2m & L2/Icon Rogue 1/Quark AA² Tactical/Aurora SH-034/SKYRAY S-R5/UltraFire WF-504B/iTP A3 EOS/TrustFire XP-EF23 & F20/Akoray K-106/Romisen RC-A5 & RC-N3 II/Tank007 E07/LunaPower Lumahunter.

Took this earlier this evening with my camera phone.

Went out to the airport to check the scene out and forgot my camera

Pilot, co-pilot, and an elderly passenger suffered minor injuries.

Here's a new one I recently put up...

Thumbs up Re: Post your photos

Quote Originally Posted by X Racer View Post

Wow! That's beautiful!
    Fenix TK40/LD10/L2D/E01/NiteCore D10/SolarForce L2m & L2/Icon Rogue 1/Quark AA² Tactical/Aurora SH-034/SKYRAY S-R5/UltraFire WF-504B/iTP A3 EOS/TrustFire XP-EF23 & F20/Akoray K-106/Romisen RC-A5 & RC-N3 II/Tank007 E07/LunaPower Lumahunter.

Gorgeous! Great exposure, perfect shutter speed, IMO. N.C. has some beautiful mountain streams

Thanks guys! No shortage of great scenery around here ;-)

Here's another:

Thanks guys! No shortage of great scenery around here ;-)

Here's another:

When I grow up, I wanna be just like you. Another awesome pic!

The sunset from the night before last, as seen from the Blue Ridge Parkway:

There are some amazing shots here folks.
    Here are a couple of a burnt orange Dragonfly that gave me a hard time while trying to get a decent shot, he likes something in my corn.

Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

I agree Beamhead, there are some fantastic shots on this thread. These great shots have inspired me buy my first DSLR camera
    (Canon Eos T2I). I'm at the beginning of the learning curve and having a blast trying to get the results I'm looking for. Here's a
    couple of Dragonflies I took with the EF 55-250mm lens that I bought a few days ago, no PP just cropped. Do these look ok?

Not to bright, but never in the dark!

Quote Originally Posted by Gazerbeam View Post
    I agree Beamhead, there are some fantastic shots on this thread. These great shots have inspired me buy my first DSLR camera
    (Canon Eos T2I). I'm at the beginning of the learning curve and having a blast trying to get the results I'm looking for. Here's a
    couple of Dragonflies I took with the EF 55-250mm lens that I bought a few days ago, no PP just cropped. Do these look ok?

Those are beautiful pics Gazerbeam.

Man, the photos in this thread are amazing!

They're National Geographic caliber!

I'm also very envious of those who reside near or have ready access to some of these scenic places.
    *Sigh*...... 60+ subscriptions and not a single update......Well, there's only one thing left to do...

Do these look ok?
    No, they look horrible those are fantastic and thanks for making mine look lousy.

Not bad for a a first time. As if you didn't know that they're excellent.

I'm waiting to see what your photos look like once you're more familiar with your camera.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

Quebec Bridge by a nice sunny day! It was constructed, between 1904 and 1917. The first structure design collapsed in 1907 killing 75 workers and injuring many others. Another design was made and in 1916, while they were raising the central span, the raising system broke and the span felt into the river, killing another 13 people.

Nowaday, the bridge is owned by the Canadian National rail company which is currently in a legal battle with the Government about who is supposed to pay to repaint it. The work was started a few years ago but is now halted, giving the bridge its current different color tones.

Quote Originally Posted by WildChild View Post
    Quebec Bridge by a nice sunny day! It was constructed, between 1904 and 1917. The first structure design collapsed in 1907 killing 75 workers and injuring many others. Another design was made and in 1916, while they were raising the central span, the raising system broke and the span felt into the river, killing another 13 people.

Nowaday, the bridge is owned by the Canadian National rail company which is currently in a legal battle with the Government about who is supposed to pay to repaint it. The work was started a few years ago but is now halted, giving the bridge its current different color tones.

Beautiful pic WildChild. Reminds me of a bridge in Alaska under which we spent many hours fishing for salmon.

If I were there now, I'd be fishing for red salmon.

Went to a local suburbia fireworks show last night. This is one where you can get really, really close to launch site, and even closer if you chit-chat with the cops at the barricade. Couldn't have been more than 200yards from the tubes, and likely +100,000 people behind me. I was so close I was shooting vertical and wiping flaming embers off my camera, but it's cool shooting this way because you can't miss. My ancient 10D still works though. I was going to post this in the 35mm film thread, but I forgot it's not about actual photography

Quote Originally Posted by blasterman View Post
    Went to a local suburbia fireworks show last night. This is one where you can get really, really close to launch site, and even closer if you chit-chat with the cops at the barricade. Couldn't have been more than 200yards from the tubes, and likely +100,000 people behind me. I was so close I was shooting vertical and wiping flaming embers off my camera, but it's cool shooting this way because you can't miss. My ancient 10D still works though. I was going to post this in the 35mm film thread, but I forgot it's not about actual photography
    ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!

Went to a local display intent on doing the same thing - unfortunately they had moved the launch site to a different area than it had been for years!! Wanted to test out my recently acquired 40D...oh, well. Popped on a 28-135 and did the best I could. At least I can enjoy yours! Great job!

to Blasterman --

Yo Gazerbeam, nice macros!

Were you using IS turned on? I have the 100mm Canon Macro, but you've got much better working distance with your 55-250.

Wow guys, thanks for the kind words and positive replies.

Blasterman, yes these pictures were taken at 250mm with the IS & AF on.
    You can get as close as 4 feet and the AF still works well, makes for a decent pseudo macro lens.
    The camera is set at its highest sharpness 7.

Easilyled, thanks for the compliment most of the credit goes to the T2I & the great economy lens.
    I hope my pictures get better instead of worse.

Beamhead, you’re my idol the amazing pictures you've posted on this forum have been the driving
    force of improvement to my photography. Thanks for the guidance.

A very friendly domesticated Mocking bird. I think he actually posed for me. No pp cropped about 10' away focal length 250mm.

Processed picture

Last edited by Gazerbeam; 07-08-2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: ADDED PROCESSED PICTURE
    Not to bright, but never in the dark!

The camera is set at its highest sharpness 7.
    One STRONG suggestion. I know that some people are getting tired of hearing this, but you owe it to yourself so try shooting RAW and taking more control. If you don't have the latest version of Photoshop or Elements, Canon's DPP software is free, and it's stunning when shooting RAW.

The JPEG engine in most of the latest dSLRs is pretty good, but shooting RAW and sharpening to taste is even better.

Beamhead, you’re my idol the amazing pictures you've posted on this forum have been the driving
    force of improvement to my photography. Thanks for the guidance.

You are way beyond my capabilities.

Here's another one from last fall:

Here's another one from last fall:

That is gorgeous - you probably posted elsewhere, but where is this beautiful scene located?

Quote Originally Posted by run4jc View Post
    That is gorgeous - you probably posted elsewhere, but where is this beautiful scene located?
    I agree, wish I was there when it looked like that...