Shopping for more 18650's

Greg G

Enlightened
I'm looking at buying some more 18650's because of all the single 186500 Cree lights I've been buying lately. They need batteries.

I'm not paying $16 per for the new whiz-bang 2600mah batts being sold.

I bought some Eagletac's recently for $9 each, and they've been holding up, but am concerned that they might be getting phased out? I think PTS Still has some.

I found an 18650 review last night on another forum that had some of the less expensive 18650's in it. The black labeled Trustfire 2400's did pretty good. So did the Ultrafire 2600's.

Anone here use either of these?

Comments on them? Other brands?

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use AW 2200 mAh and the black Trustfire 2400 mAh cells.

I have had no problems at all with the black Trustfire cells.

In a runtime test I did a while back, the black TrustFire cells run about 18 minutes longer than the AW cell with a 1A draw (2:26 vs 2:08).

Greg G

Enlightened
Where did you buy them? KD and DX both have them, but DX is several dollars less. I know this may sound silly, but that makes me a little suspicious.:eek:oo:

vitekboi

Newly Enlightened
I have trustfire blues and blacks. One thing i've noticed on the blue trustfire 2500 is that after I charge to 4.15, a few weeks later I check the volts and it's at 4.05. I haven't tested the black ones yet. Either way I still think trustfires are a great value at $10 bucks shipped for 2 batteries. Get them, you won't be dissapointed.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use both the 2400 Mah blacks and the 2500 Mah blues, and they both work fine. However, I bought the blue ones last year, so the ones now may not actually be the same cells, although they could be.

xenonk

Enlightened
The black Trustfires have been exceptional for budget cells in my experience, though I don't trust their protection features as much as I do the AWs.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
The black (Flame wrapping) Trustfires are great. Ordered 2 pairs from DX.

I use them with my M2XC4, protection circuit works, unlike my older trusfires. Seems to last 10 more minutes than my Tenergy cells when doing a runtime test with my TK11R2.

xenonk

Enlightened
Where did you buy them? KD and DX both have them, but DX is several dollars less. I know this may sound silly, but that makes me a little suspicious.:eek:oo:
KD is generally a little more expensive than DX, and DX drops prices more readily, yet the products they sell are the same and most likely even from the same supplier.

Latest posts