MAHA MH-C9000 "Hidden Test Menu"

vcalvis

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone I am new here but have been reading this forums for quite a time now.

I am sorry if anyone has noted this but in my searches i cannot find anything.

First of all my C9000 is 0H0GA.

If you disconnect the 12 v plug from the charger, without batteries inserted, and then press the UP arrow button and keep it pressed while you connect the 12 v plug and wait for the count go from 0000 to 9999 and release the UP arrow button, you will see a sequence of all the drawings on the LCD disappear one at a time and then the slot 1 will be selected and showing Set Charging rate at like 5 ma, then if you press down button will show discharge rate at 2ma. Down button again and you will see a 3.99 voltage and again with the down button a 1.70 voltage. If you press Slot you will see this information for each slot.

Now in my charger, Slot 1 reads 5ma of charging rate, Slot 2 12, Slot 3 13 or 14 and the fourth slot 7 or 8. The other reathings are essentially the same but the last voltage reading, Slot 1 is 1.70, Slot 2 is 1.89, the third is 1.89 too and the fourth is 1.68

If you do the same but with batteries on, you will see different readings, try it and you will see.

I thought it would be interesting to see what this "menu" really does and to know if anyone has played with it.

Thank you very much and again sorry if this has been posted.

wapkil

Enlightened
Hallo vcalvis,

Interesting find, I haven't seen this information anywhere. It would be interesting to know if this mode only report some parameters or lets you set them. Have you contacted Maha to ask about it?

vcalvis

Newly Enlightened
Hi wapkil, apparently from the tests I have done it only reports, it doesn't let you set anything. But of course I could be wrong and maybe it also has a setup/calibration mode and you can enter it by pressing some button combination while being in this "menu", I don't know for sure, just guessing.

No at the moment I have not contacted Maha to ask. Do You think I should?

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting, I just checked mine and it does the same thing too. I had to charge batteries ASAP so didn't get to play around yet too much but I will later.

Well done on finding this "easter egg".

wapkil

Enlightened
No at the moment I have not contacted Maha to ask. Do You think I should?

I don't know but maybe they would explain what's the purpose of this mode and how it works. After all they are the best source of information, we can only guess. In the worst case they will write that it's only for trained personnel and you shouldn't touch it :D