High CRI LED flashlight comparsions

niner

Enlightened
I just got a few SSC high CRI P4 LED from Tekno_Cowboy (http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?p=2324650). I fit one in my BitZ Ti and I like it. I went ahead and swapped out the 7x P4 from my UltraFire 1300. Turns out it didn't give up much brightness, but the beam is much nicer.

I thought it would be interesting to compare high CRI LED flashlights with other lights I have in the house. Flashlight pictures were taken indoor.

Here's the daylight reference:
Daylight.jpg

McGizmo SunDrop:
SunDrop081B3S.jpg

BitZ Ti with P4 S42180-T1SS, reflector removed:
P4-S42180-T1SS.jpg

Aleph19 with XR-E Q3 5A:
XR-EQ3-5A.jpg

Mag 3D with MC-E J-bin 5A (I think, don't know for sure):
MC-E5A.jpg

McGizmo Haiku (XR-E WC, I believe):
Haiku.jpg

Surefire M6 with IMR-M6 bulb (threw it in for fun):
M6-IMR.jpg

niner

Enlightened
Sorry for not having the best possible pictures.

When compare these lights in person, I give the edge to Sundrop. But high CRI P4 is not far behind. And it is capable to output at least 2x of more light.

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
XR-E Q3 5A = ownage :)...

thanks for this comparision! I've been out and about in forests lately and have been really interested in CRI... this helps! :)

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice Comparison.

I really need to check out the Nichia's in the Sundrop, if they have an edge on these P4's. I guess I wouldn't be willing to sacrifice the output in most situations though.

You should post a beamshot of the 7xP4 ulrafire :naughty:
I sent a few of those SSC P4's to McGizmo for testing against the Nichia 083's he uses in the sundrop. It should be interesting to see what he has to say.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
The difference between the red and the pink looks most obvious with the WC Cree. I'm sure that's not how it would look in real life, though. I guess when you have more red emitted, it might wash out some colors, too.