Klarus
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Show your Jetbeams

Default Re: Show your Jetbeams

I really liked those Jetbeam lights since my Jet-3 IBS, looking forward to my next Jetbeam which hopefully will be a RRT-21 .

rayman
    Last edited by rayman; 09-19-2011 at 01:52 PM.
    My Lights (current favourite: Maglite 2D XM-L2 mod; current EDC: Olight i1 SS)

Quick little update.

shaking up this thread a bit~

Flashaholic

The only JETBeam that I currently have is a Jet-II I.B.S. however there will be several other models on their way to me very shortly. I absolutely love my Jet-II I.B.S. and it is one of my very favourite lights (love the semi adjustable focus), and thankfully it is still in exactly the same unmarked mint condition as when I had first purchased it, and so is it's original box and all of the paperwork that came with it too. I would also like to say that not only do I find it to be an extremely aesthetically pleasing design, but it has also been constructed in an absolutely flawless manner!

Wow. Haven't you used it at all?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    Wow. Haven't you used it at all?
    Well I have actually used it several times before but not for very long at all, nor has it ever even left the house. The thing is that I have many many different lights and so I have ended up using most of them instead. I also have many HID lights too and so if I really wanted something that throws over a very long distance I tend to use one of them instead! I would most probably say that it may have been used for somewhere between 10 and 20 minutes all up, quite possibly even less than that!
    Last edited by Phil Ament; 07-14-2012 at 12:53 AM.

It's your favourite light yet you've used it less than 20 minutes in total? lights are meant to be used or they just become another collectible
    My modest collection HERE & 55w HID spotlight project HERE

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by M@elstrom View Post
    It's your favourite light yet you've used it less than 20 minutes in total? lights are meant to be used or they just become another collectible

I am not trying to be argumentative or pedantic or anything, but I actually said that it was one of my favourite lights and it really is or else I wouldn't have said it. As such it also hasn't been a deliberate act of mine to not use it at all, it is just that in reality it is a rare occurrence that whenever I need to use one of my lights for a particular task that a pocket sized mini thrower such as this would be the one that would be best suited to the job at hand. Having just said all of that the reasons that I do consider it to be one of my very favourite lights are as follows:

The rather amazing performance that it is capable of, especially when considering it's diminutive size and also keeping in mind just how long ago it was when they first originally came out.
    I find this particular model to be extremely aesthetically pleasing to the eye, however this is very much a personal thing and so you may not necessarily agree, which would be cool with me!
    I also consider both the construction and finish of this light to be absolutely of the highest quality, and to me it's flawless appearance is not dissimilar to a piece of jewellery or a fine swiss watch!

I hope that this somewhat clarifies exactly what I had been trying to relay, even if just as I have said before that you may find that you don't personally agree with it, which is also absolutely fine with me too!

I was just asking a question.

I used to have a Jet-II IBS as well -- the version before they integrated the clip. It was a very pretty light to be sure. The lack of mode-memory drove me nuts, though. Ultimately I sold it and bought other lights. My EDC nowadays is newer and more technologically accomplished, but still a Jetbeam.

The guys over at jetbeam singapore are doing some crazy stuff.

I just bought my first Jetbeam a BA20

It's been a year since I posted here, I suppose it's time for another update.

I wonder why nobody else is posting here anymore.

Default Show your Jetbeams

I suppose I will share my jetbeams, even though I'm a bit late to the party!

Ill leave it to you to figure out which one "doesn't belong"

Hope you guys like them! Lowest lows are awesome with these. From left to right:

Nichia 219, XPG2 5000K, XPG2 6500K, and the last XPG 3000K high CRI.

Oh and some tritium:

Frank
    Last edited by Flucero28; 09-03-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Wow, Frank! That is impressive! Have you gave the XP-E2 a try? That would have some pretty impressive throw. That triple is awesome too. If I manage to get one of these it is definitely going to make a trip to you!
    I'm Ryan.

Default Show your Jetbeams

Thank you Ryan! Funny you mention it. I just ordered some high CRI XPE2's so I'm going to tinker with them when they come in. Maybe another triple build to see how they throw compared to these XPG's!

Frank

I've been thinking about converting my TC-R2 to a triple-Nichia Hi-CRI setup for a while now. Maybe I'll just send it to you instead.

By the way, is the modified one made of titanium, or aluminum with the anodizing removed? I can tell the control ring is from an RRT-0, if nothing else.

Flashaholic*

PA10, RRT-21, RRT-2, PA40, and M2S.

The M2S was purchased for next to nothing because the driver was intentionally fried (36V ought to do it!). I'm planning a 3A multimode driver and XM-L2 for 1000 lumens or so.

Flashaholic*

Here are the two RRTs. The styling of the two has always bugged me because the RRT-2 has a knurled body but no knurling at all on the head while the RRT-21 has no knurling on the body nor the tail cap, but, has a knurled selector ring. What if we mixed and matched them?

I think it looks better this way. Yes, they both work just fine and there are no battery fitment issues for either light in this configuration.

Here are my Jetbeams.
    The RRT-0 Raptor and the TCR10.

I did clean the lights before taking the pictures. I have alot of dust in my apartment.

Flashaholic

sorry, wrong thread
    Last edited by AbbyY; 11-03-2013 at 12:14 AM. Reason: wrong thread

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456