Neofab Legion II

icaruz

Newly Enlightened
Hello everybody,

For those who have own one , please feel free to share your feelings regarding anything that you think of the light. this is my first thread so pls be forgiving. I'll give a head start

1. Very amazing beam output. almost no cross and donut rings.
2. The UI is very responsive and user friendly.
3. Build quality is very good.
4. Long runtime on high.

Things i would like Neo to improve:
1. Better packaging. Mine arrived with scratched bezel and tailcap.
2. Maybe a lanyard ring or some type of attachment bracket at the tailcap.
3. Hopefully a titanium version with a rcr123 body?
4. Ability to upgrade to SST-50 or 90.

Well, thats all for now...

roguesw

Enlightened
I just wanted to say welcome to the board. I see you are from Borneo, which part? Sabah? Sarawak?
I was born in Kota Kinabalu but havent been back for a while.
I was looking at the Legion II, hows it handling the heat from it?
With regards to upgrading to the new SST emiters, I totally agree man,
Cheers bro
roguesw

icaruz

Newly Enlightened
Hi Bro,

I'm from Kuching. Nice to see another members from this part of the world.
regarding the heat issue, surprisingly minimal heat was felt during high operations. It is very manageable for long usage. I will start using it daily for work once i found a suitable holster.

neoseikan

Enlightened
Hi, Thank you two for being interested. About the holster, I am designing one. It doesn't have a very good looking because I am not good at design cloth product now.
It's very very simple, just hold the battery tube, and you can use a buckle connecting it with a strap.
And you can still use the control ring.

frankb

Newly Enlightened
Follow up on Legion II

Well, after almost a month of owning my Legion II, I must say that I am quite satisfied. The construction, power, and general feel when operating are superb. Neighbors and friends are surprised that such a light is available, it really feels and performs like a piece from the future.
Neo has been most helpful with a scratch that was on the bezel, sending a new stainless piece immediately.
The light and service have both been outstanding....thanks, Neo! I feel it is the pinnacle of my collection.
Frank

icaruz

Newly Enlightened
Got an email from Neo regarding SST-50/90 for newly revised Legion II.
Waiting time supposedly 40 days. This must be a dream come true.:twothumbs

Last edited:

jahxman

Enlightened
Got an email from Neo regarding SST-50/90 for newly revised Legion II.
Waiting time supposedly 40 days. This must be a dream come true.:twothumbs

That sounds VERY optimistic to me. Based on posts I've seen in other threads, Neoseikan has yet to test either of these emitters in the L2, and is trying to determine if the existing MC-E reflector will focus one of these emitters adequately.

Even assuming Neo-fab has a reliable source of these emitters in decent bins (seems unlikely) and no changes need to be made to the reflector or electronics (seems unlikely, but ok, maybe), things are at such an early stage, 40 days seems like a dream that probably can't come true. :shrug:

I hate to say it, but Neo-Fab has not developed a reputation for timely delivery. I ordered my Standard Legion II 3 weeks ago, at which time I was told it would be ready in three weeks - in other words, about now. So far I have seen no indication that it has shipped.

A week ago, I asked Neoseikan if the light would be ready within two weeks, and the reply had a certain irony to it - probably a translation issue, but his reply was that he would always be ready in two weeks. As in two weeks from now, or two weeks from next week, or two weeks from next month, etc.

I don't mean to complain here - I did after all order his light after having read all the threads about him and his lights and delays in delivering them. I just think he could benefit from a little bit more care in giving out estimated times things will take to deliver; it is much more impressive to be promised a later date and take delivery early, than to be promised an early date and take delivery late. It's just better business. It's called underpromise and overdeliver, it really tends to build good will and customer loyalty. :thumbsup:

sjalbrec

Newly Enlightened
Re: Follow up on Legion II

Neo has been most helpful with a scratch that was on the bezel, sending a new stainless piece immediately.
Frank

hi frank,

any chance you could post a pic of your legion II with the stainless bezel? stainless tailcap too?

thanks in advance!

icaruz

Newly Enlightened
jahxman,
really sorry to hear about the delay. i thought Neo has improved his delivery promptness. as in my case it only took 7 days to reach me from the day i paid him. maybe the second batch encountered production problem.
the thing is during my waiting period, i've email him few times a day regarding the tracking number..etc..and he did reply few of them almost instantly. Hopefully you will get your light and enjoy it..this light really rocks..

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my Standard Version Legion II at the beginning of this month. As per Neo's request, I'm posting what I posted previously at CPFMP: ...Love the feel of it. I was a little disappointed the tailcap wasn't lubed as unscrewing seemed a bit rough for a "premium flashlight". As reported, the "+" donut hole is noticeable when shined indoors. The operation is fairly straight forward, but admittedly will take some getting used to since I'm used to and prefer clicky flashlights. The finish on mine seems well done and is pretty much what I'm used when compared to how other brand name flashlights' finishes are. All in all, I'd say the "standard version" Legion II is an excellent custom flashlight that is comparable in performance and features to the mass produced name brand flashlights in the price range.

Here are some pics:

DSCN0836.jpg

DSCN0839.jpg

DSCN0840.jpg

DSCN0869.jpg

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one on the way someday soon I hope, anyway I thought the new standard versions where black HA? Your pics look like natural HA.

jahxman

Enlightened
jahxman,
really sorry to hear about the delay. i thought Neo has improved his delivery promptness. as in my case it only took 7 days to reach me from the day i paid him. maybe the second batch encountered production problem.
the thing is during my waiting period, i've email him few times a day regarding the tracking number..etc..and he did reply few of them almost instantly. Hopefully you will get your light and enjoy it..this light really rocks..

I'm not concerned; I know Neoseikan will get the light to me sooner or later, hopefully sooner.

I'm planning to do a comparison review/beamshot shootout between the Legion II, Fenix TK40, EagleTac M2CX, DBS MC-E, M30 Triton, Epsilon ED-P72, Ultrafire RL-2088, Jetbeam M1X, and Solar Force L1000 P7. I have all the other lights, I am just waiting on the Legion II to do the review.

jahxman

Enlightened
I wonder how difficult an emitter swap will be, for those of us who get it with MC-E?

That is, assuming an SST-50 or 90 will be feasible and provide tangible benefits in the light.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm planning to do a comparison review/beamshot shootout between the Legion II, Fenix TK40, EagleTac M2CX, DBS MC-E, M30 Triton, Epsilon ED-P72, Ultrafire RL-2088, Jetbeam M1X, and Solar Force L1000 P7. I have all the other lights, I am just waiting on the Legion II to do the review.

A Pilot Whale would be nice to throw into the comparison.

jahxman

Enlightened
A Pilot Whale would be nice to throw into the comparison.

Yeah, I decided not to get one, based on comparison shots I saw between it and the RL-2088, which uses the same emitter, I thought the RL-2088 looked like a better beam anyhow. Since the Pilot Whale costs so much more I decided to just stick with the RL-2088, which I think is quite good.

However, if someone wants to loan me a Pilot Whale to add to the comparison, please PM me.:naughty:

Last edited:

icaruz

Newly Enlightened
Really think that Neo should give us(current owners) an option to upgrade as in a drop in for the SST-90. according to Neo the new SST-50/90 legion II will cost around $240-250.
I was thinking of suggesting to Neo of building a new 3*RCR123 body for the SST-50 and the current body for the SST-90. After all he did mention in the other thread that he was looking at creating a Legion II mini.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really think that Neo should give us(current owners) an option to upgrade as in a drop in for the SST-90. according to Neo the new SST-50/90 legion II will cost around $240-250.
I was thinking of suggesting to Neo of building a new 3*RCR123 body for the SST-50 and the current body for the SST-90. After all he did mention in the other thread that he was looking at creating a Legion II mini.

While I myself see no harm in an upgrade option, I don't like the idea of useless spare parts lying around. You have to figure that once you upgrade to an SST-50/90 light engine module (if that's even possible with the LII), that the old MC-E module would essentially be useless. Sure you could keep it as a spare, but the likeliness of you ever needing or wanting to use it again would be highly unlikely. I would rather a discount be given to those who have already purchased a Legion II instead. If you don't want to own 2 Legion IIs, you could always post the one you got now here at CPFMP as I'm sure someone will buy it at a reasonable loss to yourself (which should be compensated by the discount on the new SST-50/90). That's my thoughts on that...