RumorMill: Surefire edged weapons....???

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to the Knifecenter News Page, Surefire will startup an Edged Weapons Division...No other info is available...

News

--dan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hm... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't put it past them, they probably read the same article I did in a gun trade magazine about how tactical knives offer very high profit margins over firearms and firearms accessories. I wonder if they will offer a design by Steve Ryan (they seem to love him maybe because his customs go for around $1500-2500).

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shrap

Enlightened
Surefire's gonna find it a lot different than flashlights...the high end already has a lot of contenders, and it's gonna be hard to find a niche.

All that CNC machining capacity doesn't mean squat, unless there's a sudden demand for hexagonal anti-roll knife handles.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
dano said:
........No other info is available...

News

--dan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lack of info shouldn't be too big a hurdle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

K-T

*Moderator*
I thought so.
They've already done several collaborations, maybe that's what they call "knives division"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
It figures Mr. Ryan is directly associated with Surefire. While other Custom knife makers are pumping out fantastic customs with great materials for around $400-$600 and feature waiting lists as long, his go for three times the price! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll believe it when I see it...although it would be interesting to see an M2 with a blade /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is already a Surefire Strider package that comes with an M2-HA with a SW02 clickie and the Strider logo and a Strider KH.

sf-m2-knife.jpg

And a Surefire C2-HABK with an Emerson CQC-8

sf-c2-cqc8.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GeoffChan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Josh said:
I'll believe it when I see it...although it would be interesting to see an M2 with a blade /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's posts like these that i wished my photoshop skills were really good.

I think i know what you mean... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Geoff

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
GeoffChan said:
[ QUOTE ]
Josh said:

[/ QUOTE ]

It's posts like these that i wished my photoshop skills were really good.

I think i know what you mean... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Geoff

[/ QUOTE ]

where o where is our globug? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Well I'm sure my knife/ light combo was a real inspiration:

KL.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif OK, NOT! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

Actually, I do think SF is fully cognizant of the edged weapon market and I doubt they would go to the trouble of introducing something pedestrian or typical with just a brand name change. Then again we have a great void here which we can all fill with speculation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

This *is* a job for GloBug! Perhaps Darell can be so kind as to pose with the Beast/ Bayonet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I do think SF is fully cognizant of the edged weapon market and I doubt they would go to the trouble of introducing something pedestrian or typical with just a brand name change.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they've got Steve Ryan working for them, I think you're very safe in predicting the line won't be pedestrian or typical. I'm not a huge Ryan fan, but he's definitely got a distinctive style.

Joe

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whats the matter Sorridsky, don't you have a use for a chisel ground $1250 or so semicustom that you can drive through a car door?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorridsky

Newly Enlightened
I don't often encounter prowling automobiles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But even If I did, I don't think I'd blemish a $1250 knife by doing so!